The Lounge

Spayer419

Starter
I'll just post this here as to not create another group PM. Breshad Perriman of BAL has been suspended for the next 2 games due to his outlier performance against BUF. The reason his suspension was less than Matt's was bc he lost the game, it wasn't coupled with a huge QB passing game and his human opponent did not complain about it.

But we still have to be aware of our play and ensure we don't abuse things. We will look to the sliders and see if those can help us a little as the speed of receivers is obviously a huge issue in the game and not just a product of guys being cheesy. We all think it's a lot easier to have these games happen this year vs others. So we'll explore how to help curtail this a bit while all of you keep focused on mixing your games up and not abusing anything that seems too easy over and over.

Increasing the speed threshold is something to look into if you want to curb WR speed, majesty95. I have it at 55 in my NCAA league, and while it's a much different game, it's helped nerf the spread-option offenses

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Increasing the speed threshold is something to look into if you want to curb WR speed, majesty95. I have it at 55 in my NCAA league, and while it's a much different game, it's helped nerf the spread-option offenses

Wow. I think we had the threshold at 20 in our NCAA league lol. We'll adjust it slowly and see if we can find a good balance. Obviously we want guys to be aware and not exploit things. But if we can help the cause through sliders that makes it even better

Spayer419

Starter
Wow. I think we had the threshold at 20 in our NCAA league lol. We'll adjust it slowly and see if we can find a good balance. Obviously we want guys to be aware and not exploit things. But if we can help the cause through sliders that makes it even better

Interesting. At 20 you're even further separating the fast from the not fast

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Interesting. At 20 you're even further separating the fast from the not fast

We were but from what I remember, guys like DAT were getting chased down by LBs which is why we changed it.

Sometimes I feel like slower guys play too fast the way it is on defense, so it might be more of a product of coverage than threshold. Hopefully the upcoming patch, whenever it hits, will address this on its own too.

OzoneAz

Contributor
Speed (especially in EA games) is a sim players worst nightmare. The more you seperate the curve the cheesier the game gets and less the x's&o's matter. IMO adjusting speed threshold to create even more separtion would be the wrong direction to go. If your owners are looking at 40' times more than physical attributes, you know you are moving in the wrong direction.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Speed (especially in EA games) is a sim players worst nightmare. The more you seperate the curve the cheesier the game gets and less the x's&o's matter. IMO adjusting speed threshold to create even more separtion would be the wrong direction to go. If your owners are looking at 40' times more than physical attributes, you know you are moving in the wrong direction.

I said we did that in NCAA, not in here haha. We've tweaked it up just a little but also don't want to lose speed overall. Maybe the coverage sliders will help. Will have to adjust and see what happens.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Marquise Goodwin has been suspended for 4 games for abuse of the streak from the deep seam. 9 receptions, 333 yards and 5 TDs from any receiver is not realistic, nonetheless a guy who is basically only a track guy with poor hands and route running.

I know its hard to pass up a wide open receiver, but we have to be self aware enough to recognize flaws in the game and not exploit them just because we can.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Not exactly since he didn't draft the fastest guy available. Although Amari Cooper is far better than DHB ever will be.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I just realized the Chiefs won that game I turned it off after the interception and from reading the chat box didn't pick up on what happened wow

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
majesty95 pack1797

I was thinking and I know yall talked about it the defense and there strengths and weakness last night and it really helped me out. But maybe one of yall could write something up to use as a guide for the people who learn better that way or just for people to print off and use as a reference for the future. I know for me personally I was trying to mix up my plays but I wasn't taking the time to figure out why I was calling those plays you. I was just calling a play to make sure I was mixing it up.

So maybe yall could take all the basic defense and write up something along the lines of this

Strengths vs the pass
Weakness vs the pass
Strength vs the run
Weakness vs the run
% you want to call it
what down and distance to call it