The Lounge

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
This isnt new but any new members for VIP must play a practice game vs one of the vets and ideally with One person watching. That way after the game feedback can be sent with another set of eyes. If you have a mic then you need to turn it on that way it's easier for the person your playing to give feedback

Spayer419

Starter
Everyone please join me in welcoming Jandy, who will be taking over as the Seahawks in VIP.

Jandy is one of my best friends dating back to elementary school, and comes from the same NCAA league as the likes of myself, Jbek and Glen. He was a great NCAA player and once he gets his feet wet in Madden he should contend in the NFC, and create a great rivalry with Jbek.

Jbek

Contributor
Jandy

I also went to elementary school with these two knuckleheads.

Jandy is a pretty competitive guy but has never relied on game exploits to win in the years of football gaming. I think he will be a great ambassador for this brand of sim football.

Welcome Jandy.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to post and give a little info about me and my schedule. I have a Monday-Friday 8-5 job that allows me to keep px1 pulled up on my work computer and not worry about getting in trouble. I can't talk on the phone during that time but I can answer texts. I auctally live 2 miles from my work so if I am not going to eat lunch with a customer or its not busy at work i can go home and put someone on auto if i need to. I live alone with no wife or kids so that's why i can usually get my game in at anytime at night. If yall ever need me for anything league related big or small just let me know.

bigtexas and spayer both can also put someone on auto or advance in the game.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Prioritizing, Lack of Motivation & Other Hobbies.

Hello friends, it's been a minute. Some time around late January I began to slowly lose track of my team here on PX1. Time was flying by me. Part of it was prioritizing of things in my life. The PS4 was no longer as easily accessible to me while I began to create my CV for a faculty development program, continue to renew my requirements to volunteer with at risk youth in Oakland and teach on a few evenings. All the while I was immobile while I rebuilt my engine from the ground up. It was quite a busy time, but I still found the time to play my games (1 got simmed due to miscommunication on my part). After all I wanted to make sure my human opponents got to play a human, which leads me to a lack of motivation.

A third of my season was spent playing games against the CPU where I got cheesed. It was quite unmotivating and the opposite of why I joined this league. I'm not saying the Jets were going to be making any playoffs (especially with 3 key players injured and Geno) but a human opponent loss under our rules is much funner than a CPU cheese off. It is quite frustrating and the games started to become less fun and a chore. Once the season was over I went back to the garage to get my car on the road again. Time flew and before I knew it she was driven her first mile on a fresh engine block and my roster went down to 32 people. The desire to check in was not there more so because of a lack of time awareness. I was having more fun away from the game console and before I knew it 2 weeks passed by.

My hobbie during the year is racing my car (legally) and I can balance it with PX1 as I did the previousl racing season. My time is still swamped with applications for various opportunities and as an artist I have submissions coming up that I need to work on. I'm not saying It's impossible, but it's tough right now. I know I'm not the only one who has to balance a lot outside of PX1. We all choose to squeeze PX1 into our lives and work great to coordinate our games.

I like it here, it's fun and a great thing to check in on when I'm on the toilet at work. Crap team or not, win or lose it's a fun community here. To sum it up, I like this community and the rules that we play by. It is tough to stay motivated when you play many losing cheese off cpu games in a row. There are lots of other things you could be doing with your time. Sadly there are no solutions to this cheese. It's the luck of the draw and my opponents happened to be CPU teams.

So what does this all mean? What's the point of this post? Self reflection and awareness of all of our commitments.

I applaud you all for your dedication to PX1, old and new players alike.

It's tough at times but this league thrives on user teams. I hope if you all find yourself in a moment of being unmotivated, you look back at how much fun this is and reignite your enthusiasm. Without each other it's just a typical league. Together we make this league great, so let's try to keep as many players active as we can. What I'm saying is nothing new. It is a friendly reminder to myself (and hopefully you all) that this league is bigger than me and what I do/participate in or not affects everyone else's experience. My personal frustrations are no excuse for slipping up on my obligations as a team owner here. Now I'm stuck with no resgined players because of my own doing (or lack there of) during the offseason. So cheers to many more future games of frustration with you all!

No I'm not leaving PX1. 32 Jets on my roster now or 52 later on, I'll rebuild. After all my only parameter is that I can not self destruct.

Cheers!

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
NBA2K - Hawks MyGm

History

I currently have a 2-0 lead in the 1st round of the playoffs vs a bad bobcats team. I am currently in year 2018-19 and I will sim the game and jump into them if its close in the 4th quarter. I lost Horford in year 1 when I didn't know what I was doing. So because of that I made some trades that wasn't as sim as I normally would have done. I was needing a reason to play this more over madden which was still taking up to much of my time. I also knew that since I hadn't got deep into 2k in a few years that I wasn't going to win a title anyway.

Starting Lineup
PG Dennis Schroder - 80 ovr
SG Josh Jackson - 80 ovr
SF Giannis Antetokonmpo - 87 ovr
PF Paul Milsap - 84 ovr
C Ed Adebayo - 78 ovr

All of these are the base ratings without the current cold/hot streak. Schroder is currently out for the season and Fox is filling in starting and playing well. I moved Adebayo into the starting lineup at the trade deadline when I moved Thompson who the CPU couldn't play with. I might have to give more minutes to Smith if he has a good offseason

Bench
PG Da'aron Fox - 81 ovr
SG Khris Middleton - 80 ovr
C Walter Tavares - 78 ovr
SG Jordan Adams - 77 ovr
SF Ray Smith - 76 ovr
PG Will Mcdowell White - 72 ovr
--------
C Fukin Aldemir - 72 ovr
SG Terrance Ferguson - 72 ovr
PG Grevis Vasquez - 71 ovr
PF Channing Frye - 66 ovr

At the deadline when I brought in Middleton for Thompson I did it for 2 reasons to save $ as middleton was in the last year of his deal. I also wanted to get more playing time for Tavares and Adebayo. I greatly missed a 3 point shooter with my starting lineup and with Korver being gone. Tavares is a player that's really coming on and I think could start him if he has a good offseason. He is 7'3 and is a great rebounder and shot blocker.

Total Salary 78.05 Million
Salary Cap Room 14.14 Million
Luxury Tax Room 33.48 Million

Player Option
Khris Middleton 13.00 Million

At first I was hoping he would decline this option but now I am hoping he accepts this is I am really enjoying playing with him and he needs to be starting for me.

Team Option
Josh Jackson - 4.03 Million
Da''aron Fox - 3.68 Million
Ed AdEbayo - 2.80 Million
Ray Smith - 2.70 Million
Terrance Ferguson - 1.65 Million

I will bring all of these guys back

Will not be back
Channing Frye 581,000
Grevis Vasquez - 918,000
Furkin Aldemir - 2.10 Million

Might Trade/ Offseason
Paul Milsap - 84 ovr
Jordan Adams - 77 ovr
this years 1st round pick

I was not planning to bring back Milsap as I had lots of cap space last offseason but the FA class was awful. He has not declined yet but he is 34 and gets 16 million per year for the next 3 years. He can still play defense and be a stretch 4. Adams I signed last year to help take over for Korver and has 1 year left at 4.55 million.

I think I will look to package both players with my 1st round pick for whatever deal saves me the most $. Even if I bomb in FA I could move Greek Freak to the 4 and Middleton to the 3. But I would likey go big wiith Adebayo at the 4 and Tavares at the 5.

I am wanting to have 30 million to spend in FA where I can get 1 max player or two good players. I am crossing my fingers some of the guys with player options opt but I know usually that's not the case. I shouldn't have a problem bringing in a big man with the players below.

FA - Player Option
Kuwari Leonard
Kyrie Irvin
Jimmy Butler
Kevin Love
MKG
Rudy Gobert
Paul Gasol
Al Horford
Jonas Valanciunas

FA yet to sign
D'angelo Russell
Andre Drummond
Chris Bosh
Demar Derozan
Al Jefferson
Wesley Matthews
Demarre Carroll
Nikola Vucevic

dspbuckle

All-Star
Yesterday I had to release 6 players to meet the 53 man roster. That was difficult because I had too many LB's (2 extra) who I wanted to keep and couldn't. I have no clue how the real rosters pull this off and can see why it's tough when they show it on hardknocks.

Anyone have anything to share regarding this and how they handle it? In one instance I had two LOLB's, a 10+ year vet and a sophomore. The vet was so much better rated (88 to 75), but the sophomore had potential to develop quick and much better tackling (88 to 70), I dropped the vet to save money and just hope the sophomore steps up. Some of these numbers are guesses, but you get the point. Any insight?

zbenjamin85

Starter
Yesterday I had to release 6 players to meet the 53 man roster. That was difficult because I had too many LB's (2 extra) who I wanted to keep and couldn't. I have no clue how the real rosters pull this off and can see why it's tough when they show it on hardknocks.

You also need to remember that the teams have the practice squad too. That would be nice for Madden haha

dspbuckle

All-Star
^ I updated my post to make it more conversational,

but yes a practice squad would have been excellent. Especially for some of my rookies who clearly have no business on the field right now.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I typically would go through and have 3 QB, 3-4 HB, 1 FB, 5-6 WR, 3 TE, 8-10 OL, 3 DE, 3-4 DT, 4-5 OLB, 2-4 MLB, 5-6 CB, 2 FS and 3 SS, 1 K, 1 P. Occasionally you might keep an extra safety and give up a DT or OL. But I was usually always 2 deep at every spot except OL (since they are interchangeable) and would try to keep my top prospects. The 4th rounders on would be sketchy. But if a guy was all speed and I knew I couldn't develop him it was pointless to keep him. At the same time, sometimes cutting vets to save cap space works out well when you have young guys behind them. Its just a feel thing for who you have and where you can cut and where you need that veteran help.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
dspbuckle

I am not sure how you have it but you need to start MLB Shalon Jordan over Curtis Lofton. As Jordan was a 1st round pick this year with fast development and is 10 years younger then Curtis. Its pretty automatic for a MLB to rack up stats/xp. The biggest difference in rating is bc Curtsins awareness is 19 points better. Check the link below the rookie also has better tackling and much more speed. I would also spend all your xp/game prep on him.

http://daddyleagues.com/px1vip/compare/5446429/7516322

dspbuckle

All-Star
Oh man, I was looking for that last night and couldn't figure out how. It was also super late and today I can see how to compare lol.

Thanks for the input. I actually cut Lofton last night. Looks like I forgot to put it in the FA thread that I dropped him amongst all the other names I wrote. Main reason being what you said, the difference isn't too drastic and with a fast dev and him starting he'll match get better in no time. Plus how could I develop him if I don't play him right? Jordan did great in the preseason so I think he can handle the heat. It was a tough choice but the old man had to go.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This has been posted before but here is a chart that I and others use. I print off a bunch of copies and it helps keep me under control and not going over on any routes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ecVCPXGfLV12lyh8sKBEmeQCvY8qlrIfIVPHIL9PAZA/edit#gid=0

That's a chart for counting your routes as you play to stay within the guidelines in case anyone was wondering lol.

I can kind of count in my mind but am perfectly capable of being over by 1-2 (especially on slants, drags and crosses). Others find it easier to just use the chart which is a great tool.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
When I get to week 4 my last 10 games played Will be this

Steelers - gubber
Packers - Tiger
Browns - Tex
Falcons - nighthawk (preseason)
CPU preseason game
Bears - Payton (preseason)
Browns - Tex (playoff disconnected)
Broncos - imperfect
Chargers - Glen