Madden 17 News and Info

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Custom hot routes I doubt and if I got audibles they wouldn't matter as much

I don't think custom hot routes will ever come back and they were set this way after being exploited in online games. And really, hot routes work way to easy compared to real life. A QB and WR usually have like 1-2 "hot" routes they can change to based on the coverage. Being able to change multiple guys to one of 8 different routes every play is just ridiculous to me. You should have a slant, in, out, streak or curl and smart route and be limited to changing only one guy. But, obviously, you need to be able to set up custom audibles so you can have options for different situations.

Imperfect611

Starter
what would be more realistic, but won't happen would be if certain types of plays had checks that you could call. I say it won't because hot routes would probably need to be taken out in this case.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
what would be more realistic, but won't happen would be if certain types of plays had checks that you could call. I say it won't because hot routes would probably need to be taken out in this case.

I would say won't probably because of the difficulty in programming that kind of logic and getting it right. And also bc the vast majority of gamers won't know what to do with the checks anyway.

Imperfect611

Starter
I mean they would just be preset hot routes really. Without knowing what they code the logic in madden in I have no idea how hard it would be. They already have pass plays and run plays classified by type. If it is set up to be parent/child with each play checks by playtype might not be that bad to implement.

The problem I see is the playerbase wouldn't want it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I missed this in the initial release:

GROUND GAME
All-New on Both Sides of The Ball - Experience the most balanced gameplay to date on offense making you a better, more creative ball carrier, while new defensive AI puts your teammates into position to stop the run or passing game.

FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever - Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.

PRESENTATION
See It and Hear It to Believe It - Feel and experience the game from a new perspective - focused on you.

MADDEN 365
Never Miss a Beat - If it happens in the NFL, it happens in Madden. Experience fresh content daily for your football fix.

I'm interested to see what's been done to presentation. New play-by-play? This "redesigned and deeper than ever" franchise mode has me curious too. I don't know how I missed that but my interest is piqued even more now!

Gubber227

Starter
I saw that the other day too. Not much but a few small tidbits to gleam.

I really really hope they do a revamping of the players equipment. NCAA was great for it. They need to add different neck pads, not one from 50 years ago. I loved how in NCAA you could have long sleeves, one long sleeve would be the primary team color the other would be the secondary. An another thing would be knee braces for offensive lineman. Just a quick few things I hope they do for players equipment

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It surprises me how much people care about equipment. They could all wear the same 3-4 pieces for me as long as the gameplay and franchise more were on point. But it's people like you demanding equipment that takes away from the important stuff! :p

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea overall I like the news about the HBs its always good to see players play the way they should and this seems like the case here.