Madden 17 Wishlist

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I've been wanting adaptive AI for awhile. Real life NFL teams adapt to what you call. There is a reason you don't see an NFL team run the same play more than 2-3 times, at most. Madden should function the same way. Way too repetitive, both vs users and when playing the CPU.

I also would like coordinators and hiring a coordinator brings their system and their skill at teaching it with them.

mycaddy

Starter
When I was speaking on adaptive AI I was referring to in the course of a game but I really like the idea of the adapting in the course of a season. In football you dont have series like basketball playoffs but if you are in my division and my AI remembers what you did the first time we played and adapts in the begining of the game and if we meet again in the playoffs for a 3rd game that would make you dig deep in your playbook

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Season AI would be awesome as well. I'd like to start with game and get that right, but adding season AI would be great. If you run the sane plays, from the same formations every game, the AI should be ready for it. I also would like to see some game generated scouting reports. They had something like this on Ps2 or 3 I believe. Show me their top 5 most used offensive and defensive plays in game prep and let me practice against those...

Man, that would change the game wouldn't it?? Let's hope they move in that direction. I still think making the AI smart and having it play realistic along with a fantastic and immersive CFM will propel Madden back to the top of the mountain among sports games, and really threaten some of the top tier non-sports games.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, let's not turn this into Madden vs NBA thread. This is for guys to post what they would like to see in Madden and, hopefully, keep it clear and concise for the devs to possibly look at and see what we think should be added. ;)

Milhouse

Contributor
I would like to see instead of starting off as a head coach right away you should start has a oc or dc first and have to work your way up like they did in NCAA to make it more realistic

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I would love to see a variation on how WRs run there routes. More juking at the LOS along with changing speeds etc.

Also, have there be an optionroute on every play. Like if it's man coverage the route will be a fly, but if it's cover 2 it'll be a post etc. It could obviously be a thing that only on all madden or a setting that can be switched on/off

priestmvp

Starter
I would love to see a variation on how WRs run there routes. More juking at the LOS along with changing speeds etc.

Also, have there be an optionroute on every play. Like if it's man coverage the route will be a fly, but if it's cover 2 it'll be a post etc. It could obviously be a thing that only on all madden or a setting that can be switched on/off

I could see something like that but maybe moreso for the wrs with "elite" route running skills maybe

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't remember if it's been covered yet, but formation subs in your roster management screen that stick every game and, obviously, assigning defensive match ups.

I'd also like to see more of an emphasis on expanding CFM. Add in more production value. An in season radio show like the old Tony Bruno show or a Sportscenter highlight show. Maybe a draft preview show. Also more hype for the Super Bowl and more pomp and circumstance for the winner so it means more than just a title.

I'd also like to see a true Sperstar mode return where you can create a player or choose an existing player and build him up, request trades, have career earnings with maybe an ability to buy houses and card and maybe invest in businesses. Something that grabs you and makes you want to keep playing and evolving your player.

The most important thing, though, is the CPU AI. The best CFM and Superstar mode on the planet means nothing if the CPU AI is trash. Unfortunately, right now, the CPU AI is very poor and it ruins the solo experience which I think turns a lot of people off from the series.

priestmvp

Starter
Yeah I mean I would of course like to see more depth in general added to cfm but for me there are 4 main things I want

1. Adaptive AI
2. Formation subs
3. Defensive player assignment
4. Practice squad added

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I would love to see the cpu get good enough were you we could create our own playbooks with created plays. Buuuuuuut I understand how much of a project that is.

I agree with priestmvp on those 4.

To add to the route running. I would like to make it easier to move the RB in the backfield. The little side step is nice but I would like to see small cuts on 45 degree angles that could only be done before you hit the acceleration button.

Walrussmuglr

Starter
1 - a way to scrimmage other owners using league teams/rosters
2 - i'd like to see players have life off the field. give me a random player suspended for a DUI or something
3 - bring back point out blocks to blockers ahead of you. they had this before and i liked it. too many times i'm following a blocker and he runs right past a defender to block someone 10 yards away.

mycaddy

Starter
1 - a way to scrimmage other owners using league teams/rosters
2 - i'd like to see players have life off the field. give me a random player suspended for a DUI or something
3 - bring back point out blocks to blockers ahead of you. they had this before and i liked it. too many times i'm following a blocker and he runs right past a defender to block someone 10 yards away.

lol #3 is a killer for me so annoying...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What I really would like to see is true strong side linebackers and weak side linebackers. I understand the coding to try and decipher strong and week, especially with 2 TE or the TE split out can be very difficult, but it would add a lot to the game I think.

I'd like to also be able to distinguish between between a nose tackle and a 3-technique in a 4-3 and stone-side and rush ends. It's probably subtle to a lot of guys, but making sure you have the right guys in the right spots makes a huge difference in defending the run and getting pressure in the passing game.

Imperfect611

Starter
I have a lot of things I want, but I will try and avoid reposting things people have already stated.

1. Game day injury decisions.

I want more depth added into injuries. Minor injuries are a part of football and I want to know if my starting RB needs to have his carries throttled because he is just back from an injury or not. Also I would like NFL to stop trying to put up smoke screens to their fans and remove concussions and spine injuries from the game. (NFL asked EA to remove them due to bad press along with career ending injuries).

2. Full NFL Squad and Minor Practice Squad

I know this has been said, but I want to be more realistic. Nobody wants to manage a full practice squad or they probably aren't playing Madden. This is what manager games are for. Madden could implement a 10 - 12 man reserve roster for young players that get paid a minimum contract, but get an experience bonus for being on the team. You can move people up into your starting roster at any time, but anyone moved down must go on open waivers. This would stop it from being abused and add some much needed depth to developing rookies. Not all rookies start year one.

3. Better Adaptive Storytelling

Simply put I would like the announcers in CFM to be able to mention more than just last weeks game when analyzing a player. Maybe go into a team's running tendencies or a QB's favorite target in certain situations. This also goes into my next point.

4. Scout Other Teams

Let us scout other teams and figure out how they like to play. How much do they run vs how much do they pass. Make us as coaches figure out what is most important to know and limit our knowledge. Give the AI access to this too some they adapt to what we do also. Better data means better games across the whole season.

5. Pro Days and Ambiguous Scouting

Allow users to pick 5 players from a draft class to run drills with and get definitive stats on. Also stop making everything in scouting be about grades and numbers. Let the scouts be fallible to add in some variation. Scouting isn't perfect and half the league shouldn't know who the sleeper is in the 6th round.

CJTHA1

Starter
Adaptive AI
classic teams and playbooks
Formation subs
Being able to put your best corner on their best wideout

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
One thing that I was just thinking while watching NFL Network was, it would be cool if you could start a franchise on Draft Day. Think about that from a league perspective...everyone gets complete control of their team starting with Draft Day. You go through all 7 rounds, finish up free agency, then do the pre-season and maybe some training camp drills and you're off. I know some guys like to get right into the season but I'm all about building my team. I think that would add a ton of value to the start of leagues and a ton of replay value for solo leagues as you can always start over and do a new draft with a new team and its a completely new experience every time. That would be pretty sweet.