Madden 17 Wishlist

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yes, Madden 16 just came out and we are all still trying to figure out how everything works. However, I thought it would be a good idea to get this thread started as we find things that would improve the game from our own perspectives. We might even uncover things that guys don't even realize are actually in Madden 16. I'll keep an updated list of the top suggestions in this post too.

Kwarren3

Starter
1) DEAR GOD UPDATE THE OLD AS DIRT EQUIPMENT.
Gameplay wise...
2) a functioning draft board that if you cant participate in the draft, it will pick guys based on your order.
3) An option where you can align your best CB to man up on the opponents best WR for the entire game.
4) In game depth chart changing (not having to pause).
5) Custom draft classes (so the community can make real life classes).

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Here we go.

1.) Special Teams and Goal line. All of it, from kick offs to punts. A return man can not use the defenders momentum against them right now. The blocking on kick returns and punt return has no rhyme or reason. I would also like to be able to actually have a chance to block a punt or a FG. Special Teams needs to actually play a vital part of the game.

2.) Running animations in the open field dont look good to me.

3.) RBs that run through arm tackles when going through the inside of the line.

4.) Ability the line up my defense so my best guys follow the opposing players best player.

5.) Custom playbooks as well as custom plays. The ability to set up player packages, i.e If I want Randall Cobb in the slot I should be able to pick a package and no matter what formation I choose he would be in the slot.

6.) Equipment updates

7.) Weather that actually has an impact on the game.

8.) Some kind of advantage when the crowd gets hyped up, like NCAA had.

Im sure my list will grow as I play the game more, but this is where I'm at right now.

Last edited:

priestmvp

Starter
Defensive matchup and formation subs will top list once again next year.

Expanded rosters aka a practice squad would be cool too

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I know they are working on trying to get defensive match ups working. Hopefully we get that next year. Individual formation subs would be nice too if they can prevent certain positions at others.

I really want adaptive AI. So if you keep running the same plays or routes over and over the AI players adapt and jump the route or cheat towards the run. Would eliminate a lot of the garbage.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I want to say most of this stuff isn't my own thoughts i am stealing most of it from the old head coach games and NBA2K16. So I will make a lot of comparison to NBA2K16 upcoming offseason. Also keep in mind that not everyone is hardcore sim players like us as EA also has to cater toward the casual fans.

In game

Fix & update supersim
This has been broke for a really long time as far as stats and time goes and even if that was fixed it needs to be updated on. A lot of people might want to skip the special teams stuff as they are automatic. But in the past it was to much of a risk to miss the kick. I know NBA is different then NFL and to play every game you have to have a supersim but still madden could benefit from it. We should have a supersim that is so detailed it makes it a text game and allows you to just be the coach as lots of people dont have good stick skills. You should be able to call plays, make subs, set strategy etc. Put a speed on it as some people will want to sim through it very fast. Then if its a close game late in the 4th quarter then allow us to easily jump into the game.

Formation Subs

Game Ticker during CFM games
Another feature that has been around in many games and in 2K its in every screen you go to not just in game. This needs to include all news, stats, injuries, standings etc. How often do you check the stats of CPU games? This way you could and it needs to be able to customize what it shows.

In game highlights of games/scores around the league
NCAA had something similar to where they would show boxscores of major games around the country. That needs to be brought back and go one step farther and add video highlights to it

45 man active roster
It was in head coach

I should be able to play a CPU vs CPU game in CFM
Maybe its to ruin the team so you get a playoff spot or maybe its just to play with a star player whatever the reason it should be able to easily be in the game.

Draft

Have private works for prospects
I dont have the exact number but if you follow the draft close in real life you know about how teams bring some players in for private workouts. Think of how cool it would be if you have the #1 pick in the draft and be able to bring in both top QB's in for a private workout and be able to control them. You would use the skill trainers that are already in the game.

In depth breakdown of the tdp 10
If you watch ESPN all they do is talk about the top 5 or 10 players in the draft so those players should have more in depth presention to them

Have the commish announce the draft picks for the 1st round

CFM

Weekly recap/highlight shows
This has long been a request since the days of the last college basketball game.

Players should hold out for more $

Asst coaches / Coaching Carousel
The ability to have a OC & DC is a must and make them matter say if his strength is QB's then all of QB should get a boost. Other teams need to be able to hire them away and you hire there coaches away. Some coaches need to want to become a head coach and others are happy becoming a asst coach forever. If you have a asst coach locked up for a few years and decline the chance for another team to interview him and he should effect you somehow.

Former players should become coaches
In the 2K the blog talked about how Ray Allen started off as a celtics asst coach and then a few years was the GM of the team. How could would it be to have Peyton Manning be the coach of your team?

Team relocation
Another feature that 2K put a lot of time into and at first glance I wasn't impressed but it sounds really cool. It is in madden now but it could be approved on. I don't really know what to say here and im running out of time but basically just read whats in NBA 2K16 and try to match it. A lot of people would want to move a team to LA or Houston.

Practice squad

Give us a list of the highest selling jerseys in the news section

Retire players # for your team

Betting on games
In the real NFL betting on games is the main reason why alot of people watch the games. Have some kind of VC points and let you bet on the spread of the games

Teams need a strategy / team building
This blew my mind when I read it on NBA 2K16 how teams now have 4 states on where the roster are and its rebuilding, selling, contending, buying. This changes the way they make trades, draft and sign FA and they plan for the future instead of just the now. The CPU knows where they stand a rebuilding team shouldn't accept a trade for a over 30 LB just bc the overall are the same. Also the CPU will put people on the untouchable list.

Misc

Add a myleague mode
If you haven't seen the 2K mod e basically it allows you to customize everything in this mode from rosters, games, schedule, cap, ratings etc. every aspect of your franchise needs to be able to customize and changed.

Create a team/ rebranding / building a new stadium
I combined these as they are close to the same thing. Think back to NCAA 14 and before the game came out they were thousands of teams ready to be used on launch from classic teams to super hero teams. Maybe its year 5 and you want to slightly chance the uniforms of your fav team. If I want to change the packers uniforms to pink and yellow polka dots I should be able to. Also you should be able to change the field anyway you want. Then upload pic and be able to use on your field and new logo.

Face scan from a picture with your phone
in the new wwe 2k game they added a feature where you can face scan from a photo. Not everyone in the NFL is able to do a face scan so this would allow you to be able to do that. Also it would allow you to scan your own/face face for generated rookies.

More then 1 injury at a time

Add classic teams

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Can we get officially licensed stuff to deck out your player in CFM and for God sakes get the coaches and owners some genuine looking clothing. I want a create a cleat option. Story mode for single player mode would be good. Probably asking a lot but I actually enjoyed my "crib" in 2k5. First person view was sick too... Bring back team builder online and let people get creative with their unis. Get nike to back it and get the real gloves in the game as well. We've had the same 5 pairs for the last 10 years. When is the last time you saw any players tape their fingers. Update the helmet styles too Xenith runs the helmet market now and madden development could care less. *end rant*

SnapDan

Prospect
A Madden ultimate team app like fifa, where you can manage your team, open packs, auction players etc so that when you turn the game on you can get straight into games.

Not done much connected franchise so thus already may be the case but it would be good if the games played at Wembley in the international series were announced and actually played there.

If your playing online on ultimate team and your opponent quits you get full points for the game not 10-400!

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Another thing that needs be added if your in a online dynasty and you have played your game for week 4. Then you should be able to play your week 5 game before the week advances if both teams have played there previous weeks game.

M3AN3Rx

Prospect
Equipment updates. I actually want the coin toss back. EA taking it out always came off to me as them being lazy. An actual career mode if you create a player. I want to go through a senior bowl, then combine, then pro-day. And actually answer interviews and all that. And most importantly GETTING DRAFTED. I hate how you can pick the team you want to be. Thats not how it works for 1st round picks. And in my franchises where you play as a player, have the coaches call plays not you. If you play as a receiver, you dont call the plays in real life.

purewolf28

Prospect
add a story mode like 2k at allows you to pick between player,Coach,owner at gives players freedom to live out that life realisticly. if im the coach i want to start out with a formation creator to create my own plays and system, hire my own staff, sign,decline my contract, pick between a cribe, meeting, Draft process, enotion level and options to what i say to my players. ECT,ECT,ECT. The whole 10 yards. skys the limit.

If im the owner i want to do live out the life of the owner, Design jersey in uniform creator if i want to change them, pick a cribe, Build a stadium with my xp with plenty of freedom and concepts. EXT the whole 10 yards. skys the limit
But, unlike 2k make it playable for people without the luxery of internet. Where they still can have freedom and enjoyment offline. with all the add on and building concepts.

Game play in quick game-Head to head- Have us starting in the locker room m. listen to the coaches momentum speech and run out to the field from the tunnels. That would put people inside the game.

EMOTION LEVEL- Madden has horrible emotion levels. bring the coaches and players to life in madden 17.

Busy sideline, Better fan base, Up to date tackling, More realistic players style of play for each player, More effeicent penlties, Better Box and anoucements.

at the end of games take us to NFL network and let the show our highlights and break down the game and scores. and give thier thoughts and opinions

purewolf28

Prospect
Als
add a story mode like 2k at allows you to pick between player,Coach,owner at gives players freedom to live out that life realisticly. if im the coach i want to start out with a formation creator to create my own plays and system, hire my own staff, sign,decline my contract, pick between a cribe, meeting, Draft process, enotion level and options to what i say to my players. ECT,ECT,ECT. The whole 10 yards. skys the limit.

If im the owner i want to do live out the life of the owner, Design jersey in uniform creator if i want to change them, pick a cribe, Build a stadium with my xp with plenty of freedom and concepts. EXT the whole 10 yards. skys the limit
But, unlike 2k make it playable for people without the luxery of internet. Where they still can have freedom and enjoyment offline. with all the add on and building concepts.

Game play in quick game-Head to head- Have us starting in the locker room m. listen to the coaches momentum speech and run out to the field from the tunnels. That would put people inside the game.

EMOTION LEVEL- Madden has horrible emotion levels. bring the coaches and players to life in madden 17.

Busy sideline, Better fan base, Up to date tackling, More realistic players style of play for each player, More effeicent penlties, Better Box and anoucements.

at the end of games take us to NFL network and let the show our highlights and break down the game and scores. and give thier thoughts and opinions
Also Newer up to date accesseries, Helmets, visors,sleeves,Gloves,eye paint, cleats with a customizable option, Towls. Also for the story mode part add a face creator at works flawless.

mycaddy

Starter
Better website for madden

Better AI

If you know a play or route is coming then actually stop it. for example if I know my opponent is going to run a drag route then I tell my cb to jump that route and take it away... If I guess wrong then let me get burned ppl will use it sparily...