New CFA System??

Gilgamesh101

Starter
I think it's a cool idea, but in execution we only have so many dedicated members and some are already saying that they can't make the financial requirement or just flat out don't want to. You put a lot of work into this site, I totally understand because I used to own (don't judge lol) three Minecraft servers 3 or 4 years ago and it was a pain to run and it really drained the fun out of Minecraft for me and gave me little free time to do my own thing. But seeing people enjoy what I worked so hard on (and servers are not cheap to host monthly, especially for years) really motivated me to get on everyday and be a good owner.

When three or four people, out of the few that are left, would leave because of this change, then it's just not worth it. Sorry Majesty, but this idea will, in my opinion, flop and you will be stuck with four or five people who will play on this league, and having repeated contender fights and championship rematches is exactly what you didn't want. I say that we move on and see who gets that welterweight belt wednesday or sunday, huh?

If you decide to not implement this idea, I'm always out here on the sidelines waiting for my turn to get in on this action, Majesty.

iTvizzyy

Starter
I think it's a cool idea, but in execution we only have so many dedicated members and some are already saying that they can't make the financial requirement or just flat out don't want to. You put a lot of work into this site, I totally understand because I used to own (don't judge lol) three Minecraft servers 3 or 4 years ago and it was a pain to run and it really drained the fun out of Minecraft for me and gave me little free time to do my own thing. But seeing people enjoy what I worked so hard on (and servers are not cheap to host monthly, especially for years) really motivated me to get on everyday and be a good owner.

When three or four people, out of the few that are left, would leave because of this change, then it's just not worth it. Sorry Majesty, but this idea will, in my opinion, flop and you will be stuck with four or five people who will play on this league, and having repeated contender fights and championship rematches is exactly what you didn't want. I say that we move on and see who gets that welterweight belt wednesday or sunday, huh?

If you decide to not implement this idea, I'm always out here on the sidelines waiting for my turn to get in on this action, Majesty.
Nice post.

In closing, we all know who will be welter weight champ.

The end.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I will say this, the more people tell me it's a bad idea and they don't want to contribute, the more I say I have other things to do with my time

Gilgamesh101

Starter
If I could contribute I would. I just don't have the money to do this. I can do matchups or whatever you want. Just know that when you pour a full glass into 3 other glasses, the same amount of liquid is present.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, my biggest issue is that we have run 15 events and have also had to cancel 4 or 5 because we have not had enough people sign up or people backed out at the last minute. In those 15 events, at least half of them featured guys who were either running late or were not ready when it was their turn to fight. Its kind of a slap in the face to me and all of the time that I put into it to make it fun for everyone when people don't care enough to be ready to fight or show up when they say they will (and I'm not just talking to you iTvizzyy)

My initial plan was to build the Twitch channel and the following for the league. Make partner status at Twitch and then run ads a few times during the events which would generate revenue. I could then put that revenue back into the league. Along the way, I would garner additional followers and new members to the site which was a worthwhile trade off. Unfortunately, when you have 20-25 people watching an event and then we have to wait 5 minutes for someone to be ready to fight and we lose half our viewers, its kinda hard to build that momentum. So, my solution is to have everyone buy in to the league. That way everyone is equally invested. If you don't show up, you can't win your investment back. If we have to remove you because you can't make the fights you sign up for, you are out a little bit of dough.

I understand that not everyone has money. That is why I made the base minimum just $5. I also know guys spend a lot on MUT and stuff like that in game so there are people out there that will be willing to do this. They may be willing to show up on time and be ready when its their turn too. If not, no biggie. I just won't commit my time to making cards and putting on events that other people don't care enough to be ready for.

Warren7

Starter
I'm tryin not to get evicted from my condo so I'd have to pass on pure finances . Been waitin for another card for a week now.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm tryin not to get evicted from my condo so I'd have to pass on pure finances . Been waitin for another card for a week now.

If you followed along you would know I am on vacation and the last card got nixed because the main event fell through. ;) Part of why I'm trying to find a better way to engage guys and make them actually want to show up and be ready when called upon. I'm just not a rich financier myself that can hand out bonus money without it coming from somewhere.

iTvizzyy

Starter
Yea people back out though, its happens.. It shouldn't but shit comes up in peoples live sometimes, I'm not talking about myself because the way I backed out was silly.. Poor time judgement by me, I could've made it in time and I also was unsure about what time I would get home I should've never signed up. But yea any league is gonna have some cancels sometimes, even the professional sport itself, UFC has people get sick or injured and have to remove them from the card as well.

In closing, I love this idea I wish more people would hop on it. $5-10 a month shouldn't break anyones pockets.. but who knows, I do not know anyones finances.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We are going to run CFA 16 and 17 and then figure out which way to go from there. Things are going to change in some way. That you can guarantee ;)

Guys unfortunately I am no longer going to compete in this what so ever this is the second time this has happened my fix disc got fucked up some how I'm not sure how I was just playing it last night disc just stopped working so for the time being I am tricking gamestop into taking it as a trade in lol and getting destiny I am going to get the game back when I get paid on the first of October. But till then I am out of the league

Gilgamesh101

Starter
That sucks Dbz, damn dude! If you guys need a replacement... ^_^

Hope to see you whoop some ass come October first dbz

Me to man gamestop took the game as trade in so I got destiny for trading in my games so yay lol I'll still watch and participate in the streams