initial top 25

mycaddy

Starter
How is Ohio State overrated? Lol

I just read when he said they are overrated and could not help but laugh they just won the National Championship with a 3rd string sophomore QB that is still there and a majority of that NC team is still there so how can they be overrated?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My point is, how can they be overrated? They are the defending champs. They are the only ones capable of being #1, especially with all of their returning starters lol

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Let me go ahead and spoil what's gonna happen with OSU they will make the playoffs after either going undeafted or one loss because the big 10 is a joke. Then make the playoffs and keep beat badly by a big 12 or sec team.

It's really hard for a team to win back to back national titles and there is a reason why it isn't done much.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
And Urban was the last guy to do it other than Saban ;)

Its funny how insecure SEC fans are about other conferences haha

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I don't even feel like going on about a rant about Meyer but he is obviously a good coach just a horrible human being

But my point is there is no way you can look at the schedule of OSU and know anything this year bc they play 1 game all year. They returned a lot of staters but big difference in being the underdog and being the hunted team with all the pressure.

Just for the record Alabama is overrated also

mycaddy

Starter
Let me go ahead and spoil what's gonna happen with OSU they will make the playoffs after either going undeafted or one loss because the big 10 is a joke. Then make the playoffs and keep beat badly by a big 12 or sec team.

It's really hard for a team to win back to back national titles and there is a reason why it isn't done much.
Funny that is what was said last year they didnt belong in the playoff because the big 10 was a joke and they will get blew out by a sec team (they beat Alabama) and to your second point the team the year before was actually better and if they was a playoff the year before and they got in they would have made it and also it was easier before they was a playoff because you only had to win 1 game...they had to win 2 just to add they were ranked 3rd so had they not been a playoff they would not have had the chance to play mainly because they were in the big 10

mycaddy

Starter
I don't even feel like going on about a rant about Meyer but he is obviously a good coach just a horrible human being

But my point is there is no way you can look at the schedule of OSU and know anything this year bc they play 1 game all year. They returned a lot of staters but big difference in being the underdog and being the hunted team with all the pressure.

Just for the record Alabama is overrated also

Now I am more confused... Alabama is overrated yet they won the SEC have multiple championships in recent history while obviously winning the SEC and I assume you are saying the the SEC is the best conference (which I do not despute) but they are overrated? how so?

mycaddy

Starter
name 3 teams other than osu that make the top 10 every year from the big 10....go

tradiontionally Michigan (I knwo not was late but usually they are there
Wisconsin
Michigan State (I actually think Michigan State was good enough to play in the playoffs 2 years ago when there was none and also last year had they been 6 teams in which was talked about when they originally was speaking of having a playoff)

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Looking at the high profile big 10 games this week

Wisconsin vs bama -10.5
Michigan vs Utah -4.5
Minnesota vs tcu -14.5
Northwestern vs Stanford -11.5
OSU vs VT +11

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'm talking about Alabama being over rated for this year what they have done a few years back means nothing for the upcoming season.

mycaddy

Starter
Looking at the high profile big 10 games this week

Wisconsin vs bama -10.5
Michigan vs Utah -4.5
Minnesota vs tcu -14.5
Northwestern vs Stanford -11.5
OSU vs VT +11

lol not sure what you are getting at? show the results afterwards
Alabama will smash the badgers
Michigan will beat Utah
Stanford will Smash Northwestern
OSU will be VT so of those 4 game big 10 will go 2-2... and I still dont get your point

mycaddy

Starter
But you are entitled to your opinion you don't like the big 10 you think they suck even though they won the NC last year after beating a SEC team to make it to the NC game... You think the SEC is the best conference and the team that won that conference and has multiple NCs in recent history is overrated and if that is your opinion I respect that is disagree on both counts... We will see what happens this year on all counts

mycaddy

Starter
I'm talking about Alabama being over rated for this year what they have done a few years back means nothing for the upcoming season.

Ok I have not seen there 2015 team I thought you were saying in general. But I was reading their recruiting class this year was the best they have had in awhile... So I figured they would improve if anything

mycaddy

Starter

and left year isnt a few year back... They won the conference last year... they are the current defending conference champs. had OSU not beat them they would be the defending NCs

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Again bama wasn't over rated a few years ago but for the upcoming season they Are and not The elite team they was a few years back.

bama was built around OL and it's clearly not the dominate line it was a few years ago. They are shifting away from the run game and have major questions at QB and WR. But to me fair like every sec team has a big hole at QB.

Name me a good pass rusher bama has had in recent years? The defense struggles against spread teams with mobile QBs and that's where the world is going. The defense will likely look great vs Wisconsin this week. Look back at every bama loss the last few years and the have one thing in common spread mobile QBs.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That defense shut out Texas A&M, one of the most prolific spread offenses in the country. They also beat Auburn and Ole Miss... And they have a Top 5 recruiting class every year.

Plus, I also heard about a school with questions at quarterback last year. I think they beat Alabama and Oregon to win the National Championship. Oh wait, that was Ohio State :p