**IMPORTANT** Rule Change - Goal line/QB Sneaks

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I want to add this for newer members too. This is not a win at all costs league. Winning, we expect, is something that all of us want to do. However, the #1 goal of the league and, hopefully, all of its members is to win without your opponent feeling like you had to exploit something to get that win. That's where rules like these stem from. Guys force 4th and 1 situations at midfield and their opponent uses a QB sneak to convert and keep their game-winning drive alive. Or they run a FB Dive 2-3 times during a game to convert these situations over and over. Or they run toss plays instead of more "risky" plays like stretch and power. Ideally, we all figure that mindset out and we self-police ourselves to a point that nobody ever feels that way and we don't need rules like this to make that happen. But we're not there yet so we'll keep adding things like this until we are.

dspbuckle

All-Star
I think the focus was slot a bit there on page 2. Welcome to the league new guy (too lazy to go back a page on iPhone to see your name). You'll enjoy it, it's great! You really learn to diversify yourself and make the games fun, win or lose (though frustrations never leave you when you lose).

Back to the topic: as much as I don't agree with no 3rd / 4th down qb sneak, I too will abide for I also love it here. I'm sure if we see it's not working how we intended the adjustments will be made. Totally a living league in regards to rules and that's great.

Long live px1.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
There is this one as well. I'm going to work on updating the rule book so all of the changes since Madden 16 started are in one place.