S6 Re-Signing/Free Agency Guidelines

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We have adjusted the bonus guidelines for re-signings and offseason free agents to make it easier on everyone. We also have adjusted the max years per contract as we only have one more season at most before Madden 17. Please make note of the adjustments and apply the new guidelines to any re-signings that you do. This will also carry over should we be able to get in another offseason.

The easy way to figure out a proper bonus now is to divide the salary by anything between 2 and 3. You can divide it by 2.2, 2.6, whatever, as long it is divided at least by 3 and no more than 2. Dividing by 2 will give you a 33% bonus (two parts salary, one part bonus)and dividing by 3 will give you a 25% bonus (three parts salary, one part bonus. On the flip side, you can also multiple the bonus by anything between 2 and 3 to get a proper salary. Just be sure to follow the guidelines in the chart below:

S6 Max Salary.png

Re-signings

Remember, in the re-signing stage, contacts are offered as total years, salary per year and bonus per year. An example of a salary offered under this system would be: You offer your 30-year old 97 OVR QB a salary of 4 years, $15M salary, $5M bonus. That is a total salary of $20M per season and 25% of that is bonus.

Offseason Free Agency

During offseason free agency Madden calculates things by total contract. So you offer the total years, total salary and total bonus. The salary and bonus are added together to get the total contract value. If you want to offer a $25M bonus, then you would need $50M (x2) to $75M (x3) as salary.

We hope this makes things a little more simple in negotiating contracts. As always, feel free to ask if you have any questions.

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, georgiafan, pack1797, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, SMASHSMASH55, Justb3r3al

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
dooogen Duv49ers just a heads up. We had to put these in place with the CPU teams here at the end. Just make note of these for the remainder of M16. It should be better in M17 with more users.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We have some new guys in here so going to tage everyone again as we are in the last week of the season and to prepare for offseason. These are in place simply to prevent guys from signing 7-year deals knowing we only get one year left to play. Just avoids a possible exploit and saving cap space.

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, georgiafan, pack1797, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, woodsmall12, Milhouse, kutsch47, Duv49ers

Last edited:

IAHawk12

Prospect
I get the resigning rules but the offseason free agency still confuses me. I dont understand how the 25 mil bonus works in your example. The 50 million is in the salary and what does the x2 mean? Does that mean multiply the salary not signing bonus times 2 to offer players? I dont know how that part works but thanks for tagging me to this!! The resigning I get.

IAHawk12

Prospect
I just need a better example of a max contract for the free agency period just like the resigning one. That one that you posted under free agency doesnt make sense to me. Thanks!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
No worries. Sorry, it is a little confusing.

Basically, you can take the bonus you want to give and multiply it by something between 2-3 to get the salary you need to pay. Or you can take the salary you want to pay and divide it by 2-3 to get the bonus you should pay.

The example above was paying a $25M bonus. Multiply it by 2 to get a $50M salary ($75M total with $25M being bonus is 33%). You could multiple the bonus by 3 giving you a $75M salary. Total contract would be $100M with 25% being the bonus.

You could do it backwards too. If you wanted to give a $75M salary, you divide it by 3 giving you $25M. That meets your 25% minimum bonus requirement.

pack1797

Staff member
They are max amounts. The chart shows the maximum allowed contract for each position according to ovr and age.

IAHawk12

Prospect
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Now this is off topic but when I joined the Bengals they had no coach. I am going to hire onr of course but do I still use the Bengals playbooks?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Neither, you can choose your own schemes and playbooks. There is a playbook and scheme declaration thread once you decide