Raiders / Jets Trade APPROVED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
When did season smith sign with OAK?

And we approved two 80+ OVR players for a 77 and a 3rd round pick? This looks like highway robbery assuming Smith had been with OAK prior to this year...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm extremely disappointed by this trade. A 76 SPD LB with no coverage ability or significant pass rush moves and a 3rd round pick, which could be a late 3rd rounder, for a solid guard and CB with 2 years left.

To me this is just letting one owner completely dismantle his team. For what? A pick that may be nothing and a LB that can't play? Seriously? What are we doing here? Nothing personal Hugo but you have done an awful job managing your team and this is an awful trade. We should be protecting you here and nobody seemed to take the time to really look at what is going on here....

This absolutely sucks

dspbuckle

All-Star
Sean Smith has been with the Raiders since 2016 (opening season of Madden). I would have liked more, but the committee voted this sufficient so what can a non-voter do?

- Hugo

Omletnator13

All-Star
Both of these players are going to decline this year due to age. Plus this dumps a lot of salary for the Raiders. I mean, I had every means of giving up whatever else it took for this trade to go through.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My issue isn't with either of the parties involved, more for the committee not doing a better job of ensuring a little better value. It's not the worst trade we've seen, but I hate to see a team that's had to lose guys in FA and didn't get to draft give up two more players and get very little for them.

pack1797

Staff member
Majesty and I discussed this privately, but I wanna put this in public for future reference.

My vote of yes in this trade was not based as much in value for value as it was in team need. The Raiders need to free up Salary, and are dropping two big contracts here. Both of these players are not gonna play beyond their current deal. The LB, while not great, does fill a roster need for Oakland. The pick honestly could have been higher, but only by a round in my estimation.

My thought here was that Oakland needed to free up cash for the upcoming offseason and resigning period. That was the primary reason they agreed to this lop sided trade. dspbuckle has been fire selling players in trade chat, and is concerned about losing cornerstone players due to big contracts. He moved two off his books with this trade.

Just my two cents. I agree with majesty95 in his assessment of value for value. 99 times out of 100, I would have vetoed this, so either this time I'm completely overthinking it, or a damn genius.

dspbuckle

All-Star
^Well put.

I feel like Reggie McKinze in 2012 dumping Palmer, Denarius Moore, DHB, Richard Seymore, Tom Kelly, Michael Huff, ect ect. Man, that was a dark time. Let's hope I can follow in the footsteps of Reggie.