Raiders / Jets Trade APPROVED

dspbuckle

All-Star
Knowing that there would be no way to resign countless top players for the current season the Oakland Raiders had to make some moves prior to the 2017 season ending. After having a solid plan to build up the team through the draft by trading Conner Cook for picks, Reggie McKenzie's plan was stuck in Green Bay while attending a reunion. This lead to Mr. Mark Davis to take over the draft room and take three (yes three!) tight ends in a row at this year's draft.

The team is now in shambles and is in need of future picks and cap space house clearing to prepare for the 2019 season while still trying to compete in the 2018 season with countless injuries occuring in the first two weeks.

On the other side of the country the New York Jets are in need of help to make their team more competitive in the AFC East. On paper the Jets are a solid team but in reality they need help at the core. This has led to talks between both teams to make the following moves that should allow them to compete in their respective divisions this year and rebuild in years following.

The Oakland Raiders: Salary Cap: $166.27M Salary Free: $11.43M Salary Spent: $154.84M

Accured cap pentaly: $720k

Giving Up: Two solid and big cost players.

Sean Smith: Solid CB. Older but he can still ball. Thankfully a core of young DB's in Oakland can pick up the slack in the backfield. He's older, but he can hang with the young ones right now and if he gets older would make a solid safety with his incredible Z or M coverage, high awareness. This frees up ~$7m.
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 10.23.43 AM.png

Rodney Hudson: A solid starter at Center but also at a high cost. The Raiders depth at center is not good at all. Hopefully something in free agency comes up or another O-line player who isn't starting can be moved if approved. The team may consider moving rookie RG Will Clapp to Center in the mean time since Beau Benzenschaul currently has the starting gig (or vice versa) at RG. This will take some time to figure out for the time being. Hate to give him up but he's a high priced item that frees up ~$6m.
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 10.24.16 AM.png

Looking to Aquire from the Jets

The New York Jets: Salary Cap: $166.27M Salary Free: $26.89M Salary Spent: $139.38M

Accured Cap Penalty: $1.17m

Looking to Aquire: one LB and a round 3 pick.

Jordan Jenkins: The Oakland Raiders biggest need right now (besides picks and cap space) is help at the LB position. The team drafted ROLB Howard Roberson for depth at the position who has a back injury since preseason. He will not be back for ~6 more weeks. During this time their superstar LOLB Bruce Irivn suffered a broken collarbone and will be out for ~9 weeks. Other players have been moved but are either older, too low in skill and/or lack starting potential. Jordan Jenkins offers solid play, cheap costs and a real future with the Oakland Raiders defensive squad. We look forward to having him line up with our other future suprestar LB Ben Heeney once Maclom Smith and Bruce Irvin retire.
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 10.33.29 AM.png

Picks: Jets round 3 pick this upcoming year.

- Hugo

majesty95 BigTexas18 pack1797 NightHawkTH32 JerseyBorn Omletnator13

Last edited:

dspbuckle

All-Star
lol. I can math goodz? Please let me know what I did wrong later on (as to no flood the thread with me learning).

Updated thread.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Should be a two advance rule. If no rulling is made before two advances, the trade passes

Last edited:

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I like this move as it helps with the Raiders salary cap issue. As we've seem many times older players lose alot of value due to regression. They regress every year after age 30.

However these are two pretty good players I just wonder for how long. It seems to me the Jets want this move as a kind of win now scenario. Raiders are obviously still building.

I just don't know if the 2 older players are worth a young good player and a third. Picks have lost a little value now that classes aren't edited now too...

I'm still really on the fence with this. I'll have an answer tonight.