Packers-Bengals trade

CJTHA1

Starter
The Packers after letting Eddie Lacy go are looking for a running back for the new offense going into next season. They called the Bengals and they have offered RB Jeremy Hill for a 1st round pick in next years draft.

Packers get: RB Jeremy Hill, 24 years old: Quick Development, 87 spd, 90 acc, 770k cap hit

Bengals get: Packers 1st round pick in 2018 draft

Update also: Hill has one year left on current contract for 2.4 million and his cap hit is 1.17 million. Cap penalty is $400k

majesty95 BigTexas18 JerseyBorn
pack1797 NightHawkTH32

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

JerseyBorn

All-Star
You're missing a lot on this. Screenshot of ratings, remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty. Cap hit and penalty are two separate things. The cap hit is the amount applied to the cap (salary plus bonus). Cap penalty is the amount of unpaid bonus forwarded to that team's salary cap if cut or traded. Please update your post with the info. Thanks. I also never got a notification for this so I'll re-tag everyone. majesty95 pack1797 BigTexas18 NightHawkTH32 alexthagreat84

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Still missing cap penalties for each team. Only bengals is really important though since they are the one taking the penalty. There is an example in the trade rules that allows you to just fill in the needed info. Might be the best way to go in the future as it also helps us see everything.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Why are you just tagging me? Lol. I don't know whether they have or not. I would tag them. This is a division rival so I'm waiting to see what everyone else says

pack1797

Staff member
I think a first rounder is too much for Hill here. I'd go with a second at best. Possible mid to high first for a HB with one year left is too much in my opinion.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Prime position. Already an NFL caliber back. Quick dev. 24 years old. Room to grow. I could see him being worth a first. However there is the contract. But I almost feel a 2nd could maybe be not enough just for the quality of this back.

What pick does cincinnatti have?

JerseyBorn

All-Star
I agree with Pack that a first is too much, I'd probably be good with a second rounder. I'm just curious what the mindset behind this trade is for the Bengals? Isn't Hill the #1 back in Cincy? I thought that the Bengals got TJ Ward because they wanted to win now.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Now I'm kind of with Jersey in wondering what's the mindset with trading a top tier back for a pick in the next year's draft? I guess I would like a little insight because this just doesn't make any sense to me.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I would imagine he's planning on starting Gio and hoping CJ has a bad year and gets a top 15 pick for him

alexthagreat84

Contributor
Just to add I don't want to pay two backs caliber money. Hill is in a contract year also, but I want to get something in return for him. Also I have some people in 2018 that I would have to pay. I knew a first round pick this year would be a stretch this year. If used properly Hill can become a superstar, but I have Gio and love his ability in the passing game.

CJTHA1

Starter
Green Bay is re-working their offense and Hill would be a good edition. Should I give him a 2nd instead of a 1st in next year to make this deal a good one