Packers and Titans blockbuster trade

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Titans - cap space 39.5 million and can/will easily make much more when i make a few cuts

Packers - Tigers20 cap room 13.3 million

0$ cap penalty for both teams

majesty95 zbenjamin85 NightHawkTH32 pack1797

Packers reason for the trade

I would be making this trade to free up cap space, to Groom a backup for Rodgers as he is way too expensive. I would also gain DBG for slot replacement and land big names in the draft with the 2 and pick in this years draft.

Titans reason for making the trade
Shields I am taking on mostly bc he needs to get rid of his huge salary and he only has 1 year left on his deal. I can afford the salary bc I have a CB I can cut to save me a lot of $. Linsey completes my OL and gives me all 5 players young and 90 overall range. I'm looking to shake up my WR corps so that's why I moved DGB. Everyone knows that I will not be at the draft and I'll have the CPU making my picks for me. Despite moving back from 2 to 16 (worth the 6th overall pick via draft chart) the CPU should still be able to pick me a solid played just lord knows at what position or scheme he will fit. This fills 2 of my 3 biggest needs before the draft and fa

* I'm kinda confused/fuzzy on the contract details so someone double check that for me

Titans Get
16th overall pick (1,000 points)
CB Sam Shields (83 ovr - 29) 1 year 12.5 million (no confidence boost to ovr)
C Corey Linsey (88 ovr - 26) 1 year 1.9 million (confidence boost is currently +5)

Packers Get
2nd overall Pick (2600 points)
WR DGB (78 ovr - 24) 2 year 5 million (no confidence boost to ovr)
QB Mettinburger (78 ovr - 26) 1 year 2.34 million (confidence boost is currently +2 overall)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

image.png image.png image.png image.png

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I didn't copy and paste it I started fresh but it acted odd when I did that as usually when u type in a few letters it pulls up the name and this time I had to type them all out

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
At face value this trade looks a little off. The more i looked at it, the better it looked. Shields and Linsley both have fast development traits which justifies sending the 2nd ovr pick along with a future stud at receiver and a serviceable QB. The only thing that is iffy to me is that the 16th ovr pick he is sending back is possibly too much value for you in the trade. I will evaluate it a little more and get back to you with a decision.

Tigers20

All-Star
So that would mean not flipping the 1st round pick just gaining the 2nd overall and keeping my 1st round 16 pick right?

zbenjamin85

Starter
Sorry for the delay, the tags didn't seem to register correctly on my dashboard. I would say the #16 overall pick is to much in this trade. Packers are giving up players with a higher overall and would be giving such a high pick up for players lower overall and only receiving a second round pick in return. The #1 pick does seem to push the value to being overpriced. Nighthawk is more on point with a later pick outside of the first round would make this trade value closer.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is a complicated trade with all of the pieces. When breaking it down, this is what I see:

Titans are giving up the #2 pick in 2nd round, and two 3rd rounders in Mettenberger and DGB. I say that based on where you could likely draft a replacement. Mettenberger could be a 2nd rounder but loses some with his contract expiring.

The Packers are giving up the 16th pick in the 2nd, which I don't buy being significantly less than the #1 overall, at least not as much as in real life bc we know what we are getting whereas in real life its about 50/50. He's also getting Shields who is probably worth a 2nd even though his age and contract are scary. Then there is Linsley who is a 1st round pick, hands down. Even with his contract set to expire, he's going to be a stud, especially with fast dev.

TEN

1st Rounder (#2 Overall)
3rd Rounder (DBG)
3rd Rounder (Mettenberger)

GB

1st Rounder (#16)
1st Rounder (Linsley, probably Top 15, maybe even Top 5 in this game)
2nd Rounder (Shields)

I'd like to see TEN give up a little more. I think DGB and Mettenberger are fine for Shields, but I think they are getting a little too much value with the #16 and Linsley. Dropping Shields and either DGB or Mettenberger would be ok with me. Or keeping it as is but replacing DGB or Mettenberger with someone a little better, probably a 2nd round value.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
!Just talked to georgiafan. So if we repositioned this trade for me to not give 1st round pick but instead give my 4th round pick would that even this up?

For me, no. I'd probably be ok with you replacing your 1st with a 2nd though, A 4th is giving you way too much value at that point IMO.

Tigers20

All-Star
I would rather give up my 3rd round pick vs. my second round pick if I am translating your response correct majesty95 I am giving essentially 2 1st rounders and a 2nd. To get only two third rounders and a first would justify me keeping my 2nd round pick and giving up my 3rd. I may be way off on my thinking here but so definitely wanted to explain my thought process..

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I think a 3rd would be to much to me since Shields speed and overall will start to decline. He is likely going to want more $ then he deserves. I already know I have to give a big deal to the center

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Eveyone does realize he is getting the 2nd overall pick in the draft right ?

Going back to the Orignal offer the difference between 2nd and 16 picks is worth the 6th overall pick. So a 3rd is likely a huge drop in talent

Tigers20

All-Star
After more thought I can understand giving my 2nd even though I don't want too lol! So if you're good with that georgiafan and of course the committee agrees let's roll:)