Madden 16 Rookie Ratings Release Tomorrow

priestmvp

Starter
I was a little bummed at first to see Mariotta tied for 7th overall in overall after being picked 2nd but after seeing the ratings they listed I was no longer worried. Gurley of course was underated if you ask me but good to see they got his inj rating right

The biggest thing that jumped out to me was Winston's speed being overrated he ran 4.97 at the combine and has a 73 speed and 81 agility. He wasn't a threat to run the ball in college either as in 2 years he has 258 yards, 7 TD and under 2 yards a carry. With his size and strength numbers he will be a threat to pick up more yards in the game then in real life

I wonder about that though in regards to the Gurley inj rating, is that right? I mean he was a workhorse in the sec and didn't he have just the one injury? Should he be a 73 inj rating destined to multiple injuries in madden? I dunno to me a inj rating that low points to an "injury prone" player. Hell maybe Fowler should be even lower after blowing his acl first day out post draft running around in shorts lol.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah 73 is over reactive. Maybe mid 80's but 73 is ridiculous. That guy was a beast. Adrian Peterson had injuries in college but has stayed healthy for the most part in NFL. They are screwing that guy from the jump.

But I guess with the way you progress players you can bump it up, but how expensive is it going to be?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Gurley also missed several games his sophomore year on top of the acl. But if your playing fair then fowler has to have his rating changed as well.

priestmvp

Starter
Yeah that's my point majesty and exactly Georgiafan. I just don't view Gurley as an injury prone player and with that rating they are branding him as such for madden 16 unfortunately. But hey it's what madden has always done, a guy can be the most elusive dangerous player all through college blowing past everyone every Saturday, hold 100 meter records etc for his university but then he runs one poor 40 time at the combine pre draft and good old Donny Moore would give him 85 speed lol.

Nympholepsy42

Contributor
Mariota is probably about right. Not sure how he will adapt at pro level. Locked onto #1 receiver too often. Great athlete but not sure his vision at QB is the best with college all-stars running around everywhere

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm wondering about how they will handle ratings now as well. However, I wasn't the biggest fan of Moore (not that the job is easy in the least). Hopefully his decision was known for awhile and they have a new, top of the line guy to replace him.