Feedback for my Youtube channel

danwin

Starter

And, for the people who know, I miss spoke and said the Cardinals/Giants fight between Clark, Ozzie, and Oquendo was in 1987. It was actually the following year in 1988.

danwin

Starter

If anyone else here on PX1Sports posts sports gameplay on Youtube, I know majesty95 does, please post some of your work in here. I would love to see it.

danwin

Starter

All 30 of the legend cards that will be new to MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty. They ran through them pretty quickly so I slowed it down to look at each legend card.

danwin

Starter

How the stamps system works and new information from the 02/12/15 live stream about Diamond Dynasty. Also, good news for the mlb league here, they mentioned that they have been trying to work on online connectivity.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
danwin Just a couple of suggestions. First, I wouldn't leave the annotations up for the whole video. It kinda feels like a billboard. Maybe have them pop up right when the video starts and then maybe once or twice during the video after an important highlight or something. Kinda like, hey, see that great info/content, subscribe now for more. The second thing I would say is you still need a little more energy. Drink a red bull or something before you record lol. I'm sure your personality is probably more calm and relaxed but you gotta create some excitement to get guys to tune in. I'm just being honest to try and help, but I have a hard time watching for very long because they kind of feel sleepy. If energy is just not part of your personality (which is fine) then try making graphics and adding music. In fact, even adding music under your talking could help a little. Something upbeat. You can make it work, just gotta figure out the right combo for you. Great info! Keep working on it!

danwin

Starter
Thanks for the suggestions. The only problem with music is you will get copyright strikes for using it. If I would have left the audio on for the mlb trailer I would have been warned of a copyright strike if I didn't remove it because it happened the first time i made a video for mlb 15 with the trailer audio on. I even once downloaded one of the youtube free music tracks and got warned. So I stopped using it all together. I understand the enthusiasm thing but didn't figure it was that important since I was more or less just relaying info from the live stream. But, trust me, I definitely understand what you are talking about. Its the biggest thing I struggle with. I'm pretty layed back and I get excited during games but when I'm doing a video its after the fact and its like just repeating what already happened if you get what I mean. Once I get caught up on my videos I'm going to start recording audio for the videos as I play. I think it will be much better. Right now I like two RttS videos before I'm caught up. Then its live! About graphics, I've been killing myself all day today trying to make a overlay for my youtube videos with my name like you have for twitch. I can't figure it out or find a tutorial. How do you do it? Thanks for the feedback. It helps having someone who does it giving feedback. My videos are getting more views but I know if I could just fix the commentary my videos would be so much better. Thanks for checking them out.

Just fixed annotations thing. Can see where that would be annoying.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't know that you need an overlay for the whole video. Just graphics for thumbnail and maybe some during the video. Like old school batmat. POW! and WHAM! or something like that? Just spitballing. And the copyright notices are bullish. There is an article on how to fight them. You can dispute it. You don't have to just take them. Some people will make claims and they don't even own the rights. If its free music from YouTube or Machinima you should be fine.

danwin

Starter

majesty95, Hey, if you get the time take a look at this for me. I tried to take your suggestions and add some things. I added a intro video and music under-laying my commentary. Yea, my commentary probably isn't a lot better but I tried cutting out all the "uh"s that I noticed I say ALOT! I appreciate your feedback. Just trying to get better video by video.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
danwin Lots better! How did you do the intro? After Effects? The backgroiund music could have been just a slight bit higher. You could barely hear it with your commentary at a reasonable level. But otherwise I think you did A LOT better! Keep working at it!

danwin

Starter
After I had already rendered the video I also thought it could be a bit higher volume for the music. Just didn't want to muddle the commentary and music. I actually bought the intro for $5.98:) I could never figure out how to make one so I found this site and just bought it. www.introchamps.com It took about 10 minutes and I had my intro, pretty cool!

danwin

Starter

My views on becoming a better hitter in MLB The Show. Would like to know your views on hitting in MLB The Show so comment and let me know what you think. If your new to MLB The Show this could be a good starting point for learning how to hit and get good pitches.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
If you are doing a tutorial with steps you might want to add a graphic for each step and then a graphic to recap each step at the end. Try to trim the fat in your commentary too. I know it's easy to want to over explain stuff but mostly people watching just want to get to the point of what they're watching. So see if you can be more concise and cut out some of the unnecessary commentary. I've had to re-record my audio 2-3 times to improve it a few times.

danwin

Starter
I'm rendering a new patience video right now. I don't have availability to a real good graphics program but I did my best. I tried to cut some commentary and remove how my southern accent draws out words so much:) I hope you will take a look at it. I appreciate your feedback majesty95

danwin

Starter

Here it is majesty95 I cut the video down by about 2 minutes. People just don't realize how hard it is to make this videos. I do thinks its better. I wish I had a good graphics program and knew how to create really sharp graphics.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member

Here it is majesty95 I cut the video down by about 2 minutes. People just don't realize how hard it is to make this videos. I do thinks its better. I wish I had a good graphics program and knew how to create really sharp graphics.

You can get the Adobe Creative Clouf for like $20-30 a month and it gives you access to everything. Personally I think its worth it... I'll take a look when I can. Just got my office set back up. Got a lot to catch up on

danwin

Starter
This is by far the best video I've made so far in my opinion. With MLB 15 The Show about to come out I decided to do a top 10 prospects for franchise mode in MLB The Show. These are the top 10 position players you would want to trade for if you don't already have their team as your franchise.

danwin

Starter

Just started a MLB 15 The Show franchise. Kind of lengthy but I go through every move I'll make to get my franchise where I need it before season starts.

danwin

Starter

If you have time check out my MLB 15 The Show Top 10 prospects for franchise mode. I break down each players ratings in their first year and then show you what their ratings will look like in 3 years. My most popular series by far on Youtube.