Feedback for my Youtube channel

danwin

Starter
Hi, I have finally decided to make a real effort at starting a Youtube gaming channel and I'm asking for your opinions. I know what my weak points are and I'm working on them daily. The actual Broadcasting play by play is my biggest shortcoming. I have a southern accent for one, and my voice is very mild. Thats the best way I can describe it. I've been working on my play by play and eventually it will get alot better. I figured where better to get some feedback than right here at PX1Sports. So if you don't mind check out a couple of my videos and give me your opinion on where I can improve or somethings you like when checking out game play videos.

Last edited:

danwin

Starter
Episode 1 of my franchise mode has play by play done after the actual game play. In episode 2 I did play by play live as I was playing the game. Which do you prefer? Live play by play or does it really not matter? Sorry about the low volume on episode 2. It recorded awfully low for some reason.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I liked the 2nd one better. It had the game's play-by-play and sounds which was more engaging. I think with that you can also just focus on talking about your players or the story line as opposed to trying to call the game. Might be more engaging for the user that way.

danwin

Starter
I liked the 2nd one better. It had the game's play-by-play and sounds which was more engaging. I think with that you can also just focus on talking about your players or the story line as opposed to trying to call the game. Might be more engaging for the user that way.
Thanks Majesty for the feedback. I have watched several of your videos and your play by play is very good. I hope to get my play by play to your level:)

danwin

Starter
Here is my newest video. It's career mode series in FIFA 15. I feel it's kind of slow at first but I wanted to explain all my transfer window moves.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You can do one of three things when going over roster moves. A. You can edit the footage to just show each one really quick and highlight them briefly (this you did but I would keep it under 90 seconds. You will likely lose a good percentage if the first 3+ min do not show gameplay) or B. Write them down and just talk about them early on in the match with the game playing while you talk. You can also do C. which would be to get right into the game and then cover your roster moves after the game. Personally, I prefer B because I can be engaged in the game while listening but that's just my personal preference. I would try several each way and see which one keeps viewers the longest...

danwin

Starter
Thanks for the suggestions Majesty. It seems easy when thinking about it but getting in there and keeping an audience entertained is another thing. I'll try B, it sounds like the best option to me also. Your absolutely right about getting to the game play.People want to see the game not just me talking. Also, I don't have a good editing software yet but I just used paint and made some custom thumbnails for a couple of my videos. You can see the new ones in my videos above.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions Majesty. It seems easy when thinking about it but getting in there and keeping an audience entertained is another thing. I'll try B, it sounds like the best option to me also. Your absolutely right about getting to the game play.People want to see the game not just me talking. Also, I don't have a good editing software yet but I just used paint and made some custom thumbnails for a couple of my videos. You can see the new ones in my videos above.

Those are good! I like the Cardinals and Man U ones!

danwin

Starter
Thanks, they can be alot better though. Working on episode 3 of Cardinals franchise. Trying to do what you suggested with letting gameplay call the game and I talk more or less about the team and how the season is going so far. I'm still not where I want to be yet on my commentary but I feel its getting better. Definitely need to get me a snowball mic instead of using the turtlebeach headset I have. Sound just isn't good enough. Did you say you use Adobe for video editing also? I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 and it takes about an hour to render a 15 minute video. Then with my internet connection, about 30 minutes to download it to youtube. Is there a way to speed this up? What format do you use when rendering video for Youtube?

danwin

Starter
If any of you are in to soccer and follow the Premiere League, you will understand why this Rooney transfer is so unusual.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Thanks, they can be alot better though. Working on episode 3 of Cardinals franchise. Trying to do what you suggested with letting gameplay call the game and I talk more or less about the team and how the season is going so far. I'm still not where I want to be yet on my commentary but I feel its getting better. Definitely need to get me a snowball mic instead of using the turtlebeach headset I have. Sound just isn't good enough. Did you say you use Adobe for video editing also? I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 and it takes about an hour to render a 15 minute video. Then with my internet connection, about 30 minutes to download it to youtube. Is there a way to speed this up? What format do you use when rendering video for Youtube?

Yes, I use Adobe Premier. I render in H.264 (MP4) 720p 29.97 fps. The time it takes to render will be dependent on your PC. The faster the processor and graphics card, the quicker it will render. Uploading to YouTube is a combo of their server and your internet speed.

danwin

Starter

Working on several different things. I feel shorter videos will work better for me and keep more viewer retention.

danwin

Starter

Working on my commentary. Think its getting a bit better but need better headset with mic. I use a pair of Turtle Beach Ear Force P11's. Any good recommendations on a headset with quality mic?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I use the PX22's. They are pretty good. If you want a high quality mic by itself the blue yeti is very highly rated in the industry

danwin

Starter
Does the px22's sound good when recording for YouTube? Is there one of your YouTube videos that you used them on that I could look at?

danwin

Starter
Fight between me and majesty95 from last night in CFA 20. Gave lots of props to PX1Sports.com. Hopefully, if anyone watches my videos:), some of them will come to the site and join. I have started messing with some sound effects, tell me what you think. Thought about this afterward, on great KO's I'll call them a "gunshot KO." You'll understand what I mean when you see the KO.

danwin

Starter
Another episode in my "Road to the Show" series. Again, messing with some sound effects to see if it helps bring more character to my videos. Still have alot of work to do, like getting better recording equipment.