Feedback for my Youtube channel

danwin

Starter
What's new with your channel danwin?

Continuing the Top 10 prospects, along with St. Louis Cardinals franchise and RTTS series. Haven't been able to post in last week due to doctor appointments and my daughter graduating high school:) But I plan big things for rest of year with more MLB 15 The Show, Madden in August, and I'm really hyped for Star Wars Battlefront! Wait, I did post some of Diamond Cutter's League, but its just live play but check it out.

danwin

Starter
Also, have been working with sound bites in some of my RttS videos. If you like Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy, or Caddy Shack,(if you know these shows and movie) check out one of my latest RttS episodes where I uitilize some soundbites from these to hopefully bring a little humor to my series.

Oh yea, and Charlie Sheeno_O

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My personal opinion, people generally don't want to watch full games. Unless you are just posting them for the league, I would cut them down to highlights of the game (big plays, inning ending plays, etc). I bet you can check your YouTube stats and see those videos have a short view time. Just a suggestion ;)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I like what you did with the RTTS. I actually watched the whole thing. I could take it or leave it with sound bites but some may like it. The one thing I was wondering when I was watching was how long am I watching for. Maybe start the video by stating what it's going to cover so they can have an idea of what they are in for. Great job overall though!

danwin

Starter
My personal opinion, people generally don't want to watch full games. Unless you are just posting them for the league, I would cut them down to highlights of the game (big plays, inning ending plays, etc). I bet you can check your YouTube stats and see those videos have a short view time. Just a suggestion ;)
I just post those for myself and the league if they want to watch them. That way if I want to make highlights I can later. I get your point though.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I just post those for myself and the league if they want to watch them. That way if I want to make highlights I can later. I get your point though.

You could always make a copy of the video file on your hard drive and then edit the copy leaving you the master for highlights later. Its just a thought as some people may go to your channel and see a video like that and think that is what the channel is. It may not affect the way the view the channel or turn them off. I just thought I'd throw that out there. You could also create a category on your channel like (Unedited league games) or something so that people can see that these are separate from your normal work. Just some thoughts.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Still have your last DD vid on my mind. I want to kind of use your template for my DD guy. Just can't find the time to cut up the video now lol

danwin

Starter
Still have your last DD vid on my mind. I want to kind of use your template for my DD guy. Just can't find the time to cut up the video now lol
You mean my Road to the Show guy Dan Diamond? I'm about to start a diamond dynasty series by the way. Really getting into it.

danwin

Starter
My #10 prospect in my "Top 10 Prospects for MLB 15 The Show". Overview of current ratings and ratings after 3 years of simming.