Roster Discussion

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Generally we wait until the OSFM (Operation Sports Full Minors) roster is released. Whether we wait or not is really kind of dependent on which schedule we use. If we choose 82 or 162 games, we will probably only get in 2 season at most so full minors really doesn't matter. If we choose 40 games then the minors would obviously play a big role.

What are your thoughts on waiting for the OSFM rosters?

Also, if we decide to wait on the full minors rosters, we can use this thread to indicate any rating adjustments we may need to make before starting (there are always a couple players on every team that a hardcore owner wants adjusted for perceived realism which is fine).

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I want to throw this out there since the majority voted for 82 games... Its going to take over 2 months to get through a season. We've done this before at 82 games and never get past season 2. Does everyone still want to wait for full minors? Kind of makes your minor league system irrelevant IMO.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The OSFM rosters are near complete according to the thread over there. The mods over there won't let you ask any questions so we'll wait. I'm guessing by the end of the day but we will see.

Once the rosters are released, please download them and post in here any major corrections that you feel should be made for your team. By major, I mean top 10 or so prospects that weren't included or maybe a guy's speed if you have proof that he is significantly faster than they have in the game. Minor adjustments of a couple points here or there don't have a significant impact on the game and will just clutter this thread and delay everything.

When posting to add or improve a player, please list the team, the player and his position, the rating in question (or if he needed to be added and some key attributes) and info to backup your case (scouting reports from reputable sources like Baseball America or the like).

Adaws820 Brady_L Gubber227 BigTexas18 alkalinetrio27 Milhouse NightHawkTH32 Luis3250 blahblahyea7

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Everyone be sure to check this forum regularly for updates. All the info will be conveyed in one way or another. Usually we will tag everyone but its good practice to get in the habit of checking the forum just to be sure you didnt miss anything.