News & Article thread

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
This will be a thread where I post all news, transactions, and other random things like that.

Training Camp depth chart

* only key players listed in depth chart & things will change once preseason games start

QB - Zach Mettinburger 74 - Marcus Mariotto 78
HB - Bishop Sankey 73 - Dexter Mccluster 74 - David Cobb 71
FB - Dorion Dickerson 72 - Jalston Fowler 68
WR - Kendal Wright 83 - DGB 74
WR - Hakeem Nicks 78 - Justin Hunter 75
WR - Harry Douglas 79
TE - Delanie Walker 87 - Craig Stevens 78
LT - Taylor Lewan 81
LG - Andy Levitre 82 - Fernado Velasco 74
C - Brian Schwenke 72
RG - Chance Warmack 84
RT - Byron Bell 76 - Jermiah Poutusi 68

Defense
LE
Ropati Pitoitua 77 - Mike Martin 74
DT Sammie Lee Hill 78 - Al Woods 76
RE Jurrell Casey 92 - Karl Klug 75
LOLB Brian Orkapo 87 - Jon Massaqoui 73
MLB Avery Williamson 77
MLB Zach Brown 75 - Wesley Woodyard 77
ROLB Derrick Morgan 87
CB Jason Mccourty 86
CB Perrish Cox 79
CB Blhidi Wreh Wilson 72 - Brandon Wilson 73
FS Michael Griffin 75 - Marquestin Huff 74
SS Danorris Searcy 86 - Daimion Stafford 71

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
2015 Schedule

Preseason
1- @Falcons - vs iTvizzyy
2 - Rams - vs NightHawkTH32
3 - @Cheifs vs majesty95
4. - Vikings priestmvp

Goal - I'm glad I got 4 user games in the preseason and the falcons game will come in handy for sure as we play them in week 7. I haven't seen NightHawk play but I've heard he is real good. I've watched majesty play a lot and I know he will beat me by double digits with a solid Chiefs team. I look forward to the game vs priestmvp as he has been a active poster and I don't play him in the regular season. I am not worried about wins in the preseason but I want to have competitive games while getting some playing time for my backups and getting to know my team better.

Regular Season
Rivalry's begin stretch
1. @Bucs - Kwarren3
2. @Browns -@BigTexas18
3. Colts - pack1797

Goal -
The 3 posters I am the most familiar with are also the first 3 I open the season with so that will be exciting. I really want to get the game in with pack before I leave on vacation as I expect we have a long rivalry for years to come. I know bigtexas is really good and knows his team inside and out so that one we have already got chalked up as a loss. But hopefully somehow I am able to manage a win in one of these 3 games.

The Unknown Stretch
4. Bye Week
5. Bills -@XxclaywilliamsxX
6. Dolphins - CPU
7. Falcons - iTvizzyy
8. @Texans -@danwin

Goal - I will be on vacation and unable to play games from September 14-19 and these games will likely fall during that time frame. The good news is we do have a week 4 bye. A combination of that to go along with the user teams that I've never seen play and not post much makes these games impossible to figure out. It stinks that I am missing out on a computer game and some teams that are close to the skill level of the titans but that's how it worked out.

Gotta win stretch
9. @Saints - CPU
10. Panthers - CPU
11. @Jags - CPU
12. Raiders - JFortner4
13. Jags - CPU
14. @Jets - CPU
Goal - This is the time of year to make up for lost ground and get some W in the win column. 5 of these 6 games are vs the CPU and also very winnable teams other then a tough game @ the saints. The one user game is vs the Raiders and vs a user I have yet to see play. Also by this time I will have a few weeks of madden under my belt. So the goal is to get atleast 4 wins from these 6 games.

Playing spoiler stretch
15. Patriots - Colefolks319
16. Texans - danwin
17. @Colts - pack1797
Goal - We close out the year with 3 user games and teams that are not only better then us will likely still be in the playoff race. We expect to be out of the playoff race by then but if I can get 1 win out of these 3 and gain confidence going into the offseason and next year i'll take it.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
If I had to face 16 user games I would not be as excited as I am now for this league. Even if I win all 6 of my cpu games I still need atleast 3 wins vs the user just to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

iTvizzyy

Starter
Ill be excited to play you first week of pre season and week 7 of regular season as well. I am not a Falcons fan whatsoever so preseason will be big for me as I will need to sub in all of my players for a little trial run. I have no idea how some of these guys play so this will be a learning experience for me.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I am a falcons fan so oddly enough I will know your roster better then you do and even my own team. I am also new to head to head online so if you want to get a practice game in at somepoint just let me know and we will. I can twitch it that way other memebers of the league can watch it if they want.

iTvizzyy

Starter
Yea man. I am down soon as the clock hits 12.

I am excited about using Julio of course and the rookie Tevin Coleman.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The Titans have made early cuts to get down to the 53 man roster and have officially signed OT Anthony Collins who will start at RT. Due to time we will be unable to break down and name the 53 man roster. But the biggest surprise was both FB (fowler, Dickerson) made the team and 4 TE with Coffman being the odd man out.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Breaking news both star rookies were hurt in the win Vs Clemens sQB Marcus Marietto is out 4 weeks and WR DGB is out 8 weeks. Keep in mind the Titans are off week 4

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Breaking news both star rookies were hurt in the win Vs Clemens sQB Marcus Marietto is out 4 weeks and WR DGB is out 8 weeks. Keep in mind the Titans are off week 4

Did that really happen? I was just joking when I said it. Hope I didn't jinx you lol

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I thought you was serious when you said that and spent the whole travel day yesterday coming up with a game plan for mett at QB lol . But no they are healthy and played in the game last night

I am working a new feature for this thread should have it up soon

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Ok so I'm gonna do a new feature now that everything is back to normal where I write a short article after every game. This should help everyone get to know my team better and also help me feel more like a coach/GM and being held accountable for stuff.

468px-Madden_NFL_15_20140922004155.jpg

Wright having his breakout year
WR Kendall Wright was the clear #1 WR for the titans and came into the season with a 82 overall rating and that is already up to a 85 overall thanks to his quick development trait. After 3 games he is enjoy his breakout season with 12 catches, 219 yards and 4 TD and is on pace for around 64 catches for 1,200 yards and 12 TD. He was on pace for a lot bigger projections but was held in check for only 4 catches for 32 yards in a week 3 loss vs the colts. He is made a lot of big plays this year and has a average of 18 yards per catch. But he has been working in practice to improve his catch in traffic and that's the reason for his 3 point increase overall.

It's not all about stats and as you can see from the video below he made a game changing play in the week 2 win and without that play the team could be 0-3. Another reason for his growth is the work he has done and taking rookie DGB under his wing. The team decided to go with 2 rookies and unproven Justin Hunter as 3 of the 5 rookies on the team. Harry Douglas has so far been running with the 2nd team after losing out on the slot role to Hunter. So far both on and off the field he looks to be making big strides in his development with a rookie QB. If he keeps up this pace he could make the pro bowl for the first time.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Despite Loss titans show they are close

The titans came up short in a 17-14 loss in week 5 to the now 5-1 Buffalo Bills and there was some second guessing and bone headed mistakes the team made. But overall the young team is showing signs after being picked as the worst team in the NFL in the preseason.

The bills came in overlooked by most of the media mostly because the questions marks at the QB spot but Xxclaywilliamxx has the team playing really well and they look to be a playoff team. The bills DL was in the backfield all night long and finished with 4 sacks. Because of the pass rush the titans was unable to get the playaction pass game running even though they ran the ball well. The forgotten play was a 3rd and 21 converted to extend a drive that I believe went on to be a TD drive. Another reason for the bills being under rated is they have playmakers and Percy Harvin showed he still has it with a 82 yard TD catch. The most shocking stat of the night was Shady McCoy being held to 28 yards on 18 carries though he did add a TD catch.

Marcus Mariota stats was way down from the previous games going 12 for 20 with 148 yards, 1 interception and 2 carries for 50 yards. Bishop Sankey was the MVP for the titans with 15 carries for 92 yards and also added 50 receiving yards. But he made a killer mistake at the end of the game when he didn't get out of bounds and the time expired. When interviewed after the game he said "I should have got out of bounds but at the time I thought I had a chance to break the tackle and score". He wasn't the only one had made a mistake of not getting out of bounds when Mariota did a similar thing and it cost them a chance for a long FG attempt when he fumbled on the last play at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Overall the team is showing some signs of life and if they can get a win vs the cpu Dolphins this week. If that happens the the titans get back in the divison race with the pack1797 Colts. The titans still have 2 games to be played vs Texans.

we also want to give a big thank you to majesty95 for calling this game on the redzone channel

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Will TE Supernaw see the field soon?

After a painful 21-14 loss against the Dolphins it has lead fans to want to see some more playing time for younger players and one of those players is TE Phillip Supernaw. He isn't a household name after going undrafted from Ouachita Baptist but the team thinks he can be the TE of the future.

Lets take a look at the guy and you will see there is more to like other then just a cool name. He is 6'5 248 and only 25 years old and currently has a 73 rating. Some key stats that he has is 80 speed, 86 acceleration, 75 catch, 72 catch in traffic, 83 jump, and 75 run block. His route running is the one area where he needs to most work. His blocking isnt quite up to par as the others but thats not a major concern,

Its easy to say that he needs more playing time but TE is the deepest position on the team and despite a decent amount of 2 TE sets being used he has yet to see the field for a single snap in 5 games. He obviously isn't going to beat out Delanie Walker for the starting job who has a 91 overall. He is backed up by Craig Stevens a 80 overall who will be a free agent at the end of the year. Then Anthony Fasino who is a 78 overall also of note all of those 3 TE's are 31 years old.

Supernaw is a guy to keep a eye on for and we expect him to see some snaps in the coming weeks.