News & Article thread

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Incase y'all missed my stream or us talking about it from my game earlier today. I had been in trade talks with the Browns and bigtex about mettingburger. We couldn't come up with a deal and he was commenting during my game saying how he wanted to see him play. So I put him for a few plays as I had a lead and he completes all 3 passes but they were very safe throws. Then he comments how he wants to see his 95 arm strength so I put him back in. I had been running the ball good so I call a play action trying to hit DGB deep. Mett drops back gets sacked and breaks his collerbone and he is now out for the year.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
It was so funny how it happened I couldn't be mad but I he said he does feel a little guilty lol. Now just gotta hope MM stays healthy

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
IoWptWH.jpg

Titans make interesting roster moves

As you all know by know backup QB Zach Mettinburger got hurt and is now officially done for the season with a broke collarbone. The new man in charge has decided to not sign a QB to take his place and is comfortable going with Charlie Whitehurst aka clipboard Jesus as the backup.

To take the roster spot they decided to go in a odd direction and sign 32 year old Center Ryan Cook. There is no doubt C is a the weakest spot on the team but given the youth direction this team is going it is a bit of a shocker. When asked about the move the new coach Georgiafan said "Ryan is a great run blocker and that is what we look for from our guys up front. He also knows our system and he will start right away" Ryan comes in with a 77 overall and 88 run blocking a big upgrade from Brian Schwenke who has a 73 ovr and 80 run block. The move tells me the front office thinks they have a chance to win the division with the struggles of the colts and a major game coming up against the Texans.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
OL dominates in win vs Falcons
If your looking to find a team and a game with a bunch of flashy stats and highlight plays then this isn't the game or team for you. The titans once again got the ball and on the first possession put points on the board. It looked like they was going to go for it on 4th and 1 at the 1 yard line but a delay of game forced them to settle for 3. Backup HB Terrance West would add a short TD before halftime. The titans would go on to go up 17-0 before hanging on to a 17-14 win vs the 1-5-1 Falcons.

Starting LG Jereman Merideth was injured and in his place was rookie 3rd round Jeremiah Poutisa who got the nod over vet Bryan Bell. Poutisa played lights out and the OL just man handled the falcons DL and gave both HB's huge holes to run through. Poutisa will get the start again and if he keeps up his play he will be starting for a long time. When asked about the game coach Georgiafan said "if our OL opens holes up like that we are going to win a lot of football games". Bishop Sankey finished with 112 yards on 19 carries and Terrence West had 10 carries for 45 yards and a TD. Not a lot was asked of the QB's though Mariota was able to throw for 1 TD and most importantly 0 interceptions. There wasn't a lot of possessions in this game as the titans went on really long drives and keep Matt Ryan and Julio on the sidelines. The titans defense only gave up 25 yards on the ground and 130 in the air.

Stay tuned for our preview of the Texans game

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Season changing game about to kick off against Texans

If there is a such thing as a must win game in week 8 and then this is it vs division leading Houston Texans. The titans come in with a 2-4 record and just behind the 3-4 colts and 4-3 Texans. Next week they are expected to be big favorites vs the Saints who will be without star QB Drew Brees. So if they can win this game being .500 and in the thick of the division race is a real possibility.

Looking at the offense for the Texans so far they are middle of the pack in points with 22.4 a game. They are also middle of the pack in passing and rushing yards but that also means they are balanced. Ryan Mallet was on the short list of breakout players in the NFL. He struggled last week throwing 3 interceptions in a loss but he is still having a solid season with1,783 yards, 13 TD, 5 Interceptions and 63%. Arian Foster is still going strong with close to 5 yards a carry and 500 yards. Deandre Hopkins has made a smooth transition to being the #1 WR. The defense for them is still its calling card being 10th in scoring and total yards. JJ Watt and Clowney figure to offer all kinds of problems for the low rated OL of the Texans.

You would have to think the titans will want to continue the game plan worked so well last week vs the Falcons which is to run the ball. They do not want to get in 3rd and long and have to throw the ball vs JJ Watt and company. Will this be the game that Mariota makes plays with his legs to avoid the pass rush? They have also been rumblings of trying to get DGB more involved after being quite for a few weeks.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Here is my first attempt at a highlight video after being inspired by BigTexas18 this is prob the worst collection of "highlights" you will find in a video. But its the options they gave me to save.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Can one play by a LG cost you the game?

When you lose by 3 points there is always a lot of blame to throw around after a loss and even more so when that final score is 6-3. Depending on if your a glass half full or half empty guy is how you will look at this game as the upstart titans faced off against the 1 loss Panthers. So who should get the blame for loss?

Anytime you create more turnovers then you score points you know alot of things have went bad along the way on offense and thats what happened. Why the defense did create 5 turnovers one was on a hail mary at the end of the half. Then the carolina defense also played lights out with 3 interceptions. Rookie QB Marcus Mariotta also deserves some of the blame as he played horrible for the first time all year with a ugly stat line 5 for 17 passing, 3 interceptions and only 55 yards. The titans kicker Ryan Succap was also horrible on the day missing 2 field goals that wasn't even close to being made. Infact i dont think you could miss two kicks by more if you tried.

But when we are handing out blame for the loss we look to one person and one person only and that is starting LG Jeremain Meridth. The score was 3-3 and the titans had the ball at the carolina 20 at 3rd and 3 with 2:17 left. Bishop Sankey runs up the middle picking up the first down which would have been 1st and 10 at the 15 at the 2 min warning with all 3 time outs left by the Panthers. But then thats when Merideth was called for a holding which put it 3rd and 13 at the 30. This also stopped the clock giving a free timeout to the panthers.

That lead to the 3rd and 13 call which the the panthers would be in a cover 3 which was what the titans wanted to see. The strategy was to pick up a few more yards getting it in the middle of the field and trust the defense which had played lights out. But former bulldog Thomas Davis stopped the draw and the FG was horribly missed. Its worth saying that wind was really blowing this game and played a role in several missed kicks. The panthers would go on to hit a field goal that drive and despite a good KR would run out of time to score at the end.

Had the holding call not been called the titans could have stuck to the run game which was working as Sankey finished with 111 yards and West aslo had 30 yards. At the very worst the titans would have made Carolina use all of there timeouts. Even with the struggles of the kicking game that day the ball would have been in the middle of the field and even with no yards being gained would have been a 33 yarder. You have to think that the titans would at worst gone up by 3 and forced the Panthers to score a TD to win with less then 1 min to go and 0 timeouts. But a holding call was made and it was the right call so for now there isn't anything to do other then tip your caps to zbenjamin85 for finding a way to win a ugly ugly football game.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Team Stats - Week 11
Some interesting team rankings to look at the rushing offense being ranked 2nd is to be expected despite the lack of elite HB. The most surprising is the defense being 9th in yards and 4th in scoring. But that has more to do with the titans offense running the ball a lot and shorting the game then it does about the skill players on defense.

Offense
Scoring - 18.9 - 28th
Total yards - 308.0 - 20th
Rushing yards - 120.7 - 2nd
Passing yards - 187.3 - 30th

Defense
Scoring - 18.4 points - 4th
Total yards - 292.3 - 9th

Rushing yards - 72.6 - 7th
Passing yards - 219.8 - 12th

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Miracle comeback vs Jags - week 11

This article is a bit dated as I had hopes to get around to uploading the video clips of the game but that hasn't happen yet. This was a good reminder that despite playing the worst team in the league controlled by the CPU that you have to bring your A game at all times. So don't be listening to podcast or trying to set up dates just focus on the game at hand.

The Jags got the ball first and quickly scored on a 54 yard TD catch by Allen Hurns. Then the jags got the ball back marched down the field and made it 14-0 on a short TD pass. To make things even more confusing the twitch stopped so at the point I was unsure if the game would even save or if I would have to restart it. I decided to go ahead and play it out just incase It saved. The titans wasn't going to panic bc they had the ball with all 3 timeouts with 1 minute left and also would get the ball to start the 3rd quarter. So as long as one TD in those 2 drives was scored then they would be back in the game. But that's when Mariotta made a huge mistake and Jonathon Crypton made a interception and wouldn't even come close to being touched and just like that it was 21-0 with only seconds to go before half.

With 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Titans would get on the board with a 1 yard TD by Bishop Sankey. It was now 4th quarter with 5 min left and Titans had 3rd and 2 at the 5 yard line. Despite running more I formation sets then anyone in the league the FB Dorion Dickerson had not got a single carry. He would get his first of the year and cut the lead to 7. With 3:46 left the 4th quarter Jags had the ball near midfield and a 1st down here would likely end the game as they would be in field goal range. Saftey Searcy would come short on the interception but would force a punt. Mariotta would march the team down the field and with under 1 minute to go have the team inside the 10 yard line. He would hit Justin Hunter on a slant pattern and the game would appear to be ahead for overtime.

But the game wasn't over and Bortles would make a horrible throw and the young corner Blhid Wreh Wilson would intercept it and basically end the game with a walk off pick 6. Luckly no flags was thrown when Wilson leadped from the 3 yard line with his hand behind his head show boating. So I crossed my fingers and jumped for joy when I saw that the score at saved and I wouldn't have to replay the game. The OL played horrible has Sankey got only 63 yards on 22 carries.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Sankey goes over 1,000 yards

2nd year HB Bishop Sankey has improved his rating to a 77 overall and has over 1,600 xp to spend as he is enjoying a breakout year. He has 246 carries for 1,056 yards, 7 TD and a 4.3 average. As a team the titans are 2nd in the NFL in rushing with 122 yards a game. Backup HB Terrence West has chipped in with 86 caries for 337 yards and 5 TD and even out played Sankey in a week 12 week vs the Jags. The 1,056 yards currently puts him 5th in the NFL but that could change a bit with some more games to play in week 13.

But lets take a deeper look at the stats and you will see that while that sounds good on paper there is still rumblings that HB is the #1 need on the team going into the offseason. One insider said "Sankey doesn't fit the mold of what the team is looking for at HB as he is to small. It's just he is the best back on the team so he is getting all the carries". If you watched the game vs the Jets and while he played great with 144 yards on 26 carries. The team came up inches short on 2 drives that maybe a bigger back could have picked up. He has the least amount of TD's from any HB in the top 10 in rushing yards.

That's because he is losing goal line carries to West who like we said early has 5 TD's. Sankey's average per carry is good but nothing to get excited about. While Terrance West outplayed him last week he didn't this week vs the Jets. He had 9 carries but only 12 yards. That has lead some people to think rookie David Cobb will get the chance to earn a few carries and become the short yardage back.

You can't talk about a running back without talking about the OL and while it was a major issue early in the year it has played better in recent weeks. They are the main reason why the titans are 6-2 in there last 8 games with 2 losses being vs the raiders and panthers two of the best teams in football.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Titans get Huge win

It was much of the same formula for the titans as they won by running the ball, not making mistakes and not giving up big plays on defense. Week 16 was a must win game if the titans wanted to win the division with the Texans next game being the CPU Jags. The team was expected to be here so just getting into the playoffs with year 1 of the rebuilding process would be huge.

A huge 4th quarter with two interceptions by LB Avery Williams and Zach Brown who both also added a sack.
On the other interception by Zach the titans keep the ball on the ground forcing Texans to use there timeouts and to make it a 7 point late in the 4th. A late TD on the last play of the game by Hopkins would make it a 31-24 final. Avery's would clinch the game up 7 with less then 2 minutes to go which he would go on to take it to the house and go up 14.

Bishop Sankey was once again impressive with 26 carries, 124 yards and 2 huge 4th quarter TD's. Mariotta keeps on showing slight improvement with stats going 8 for 13, 113 yards, 1 TD and 1 Interception with the TD going to Justin Hunter who went 4 for 80. You have to question the play calling by the Texans as Arian Foster couldn't be stoped by only saw 13 carries for 90 yards while Mallet threw 35 times.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
2016 Draft Overview

Going into the draft they was a lot of pressure on the titans GM even after filling a lot of needs in FA. The owner came out and said that he considers himself to be a draft expert so to avoid having egg on his face he needed to have a good draft. While the team didn't fill the needs that they needed to in the end it was a really good draft and you can't complain with bringing in talent. We will do a in depth look at these players in the position preview but with more info on the prospects

HB Darrell Jordan - Drafted 21st - true talent #10 - 81 overall
SS/FS Jamal Boone - Drafted 53rd - true talent #34 - 78 overall
OLB Mike Lindsay - Drafted 85th - true talent #16 - 80 overall (fast development)
HB Kadeem Dixon - Drafted 117th - true talent #62 - 81 overall (superstar development )
SS Layne Sam - Drafted 149th - true talent #138 - 67 overall
CB Tomaz Hurst - Drafted 181st - true talent #158 - 65 overall
OT Allan Jordan - Drafted 213th - true talent #192 0 64 overall

Molholt

Starter
3,1,4,2. I like the quick first step of 3 and the bruising ability of 1 and 4. I'll sacrifice the top end speed for those abilities over #2.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Is this season already over?

Last year the titans got off to a 1-3 start and despite there rookie QB struggling midseason and ended up making the playoffs. So lightening will have to strike twice and turn the season around like what happened last year.

The first two games was expected losses vs super bowl contenders Chargers and Lions but the fact that those games wasn't close wasn't a good sign. The good news is that the Colts also had those teams in the first two games and came away with losses. The 3rd game nobody knew what to expect with the Jags having a new owner. While the team was improved and even got off to a 7-0 start it was done in by 19 points without a punt and the lone turnover of the night. That was on a fumble by Mariotta off of a long run in good field position. The week 4 game was expected to be a winnable one but the Vikings are off to one of the hottest starts in the NFL with wins over 3 user teams so that's not going to be a automatic win. We know a lot of NFC north fans will tune in tonight or be rooting us on and we hope that can make a difference in getting the first W of the year.

But looking ahead to the schedule its just hard to get to 8 wins when looking at this schedule as the Titans will be double digit underdogs vs raiders, bills, ravens, and chiefs. As far as other non divison games you would think they atleast have a fighting chance vs packers, bears, and broncos. So winning two out of those 3 games needs to happen for them to stand a chance to make the playoffs.

Then you have the division games and the 2 games vs the CPU Texans are must win games along with the rematch of the Jags. Then you get down to the two games vs the Colts which could decide the fait. We expect both the Colts and Jags to get wins this week. The jags will soon start a very tough stretch of games in week 5-10 with games vs Lions, Chargers, Colts, and Raiders. The Colts schedule has some winnable games over the next few weeks and then they face a brutal stretch with chiefs, bears, browns, jags, pats, and raiders.

Stay tuned for what shapes up like another exciting AFC south division race

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Mid Season Off. Stats - Season 2

Mariota - 1,594 pass yards, 6 TD, 10 Int, 64 % - 15 carries for 154 yards and 1 TD

Darrell Jordan - 570 yards, 4.0 Avg, 6 TD - 15 catches for 185 yards and 1 TD
Kadeem Dixon - 122 rush yards, 3.0 Avg, 1 TD - 6 catches for 22 yards,

Kendall Wright - 23 catches for 552 yards and 2 TD
Justin Hunter - 20 catches for 305 yards and 2 TD
Delanie Walker - 20 catches for 219 yards
DGB - 21 catches for 211 yards
Harry Douglas - 4 catches for 48 yards and 1 TD
John Kuhn - 2 carries for 8 yards & 5 catches for 36 yards

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'm very eager to get back to posting content but unfonetly the last 2 week and the upcoming one has been very busy. The first one was Christmas week then last week I was on vacation and the upcoming week I won't have time at work to work on it and then I'll be in Atlanta for the Carpet show for 2 days. The good news is after this week I'll get back to my boring life with plenty of free time and without real football to distract me.

So I'll prob just have to type up a general team preview maybe tomorrow night

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
SEASON 3 SCHEDULE BREAKDOWN

1 - @Texans - Won 31-28
2 - Broncos
3 - Texans
4 - Jags

Notes - The titans was lucky enough to get a week 1 win so that sets them up with some margin of error in the first 4 games. Up next will be the CPU broncos a team that beat the titans last year even with star QB Eric Hill injured. This a very key game and the titans have revenge on there mind. Week 3 is a quick rematch vs the Texans and this could be the first game that both starting OT will be back. Getting them back vs two 99 overall type players would be huge. Jags are a team that beat the titans twice and fairly close games.

Goal - At a minimum the titans need 2 wins from these 4 games but going 3-1 would be huge for the playoff chances.

-------------------------------
6 - @Colts
7 - Cards
8 - @Jags
9. @ Steelers

Notes - This is the toughest stretch of games with a trip to Indy but that game is made easier with it now being CPU instead of pack who we can never seem to be able to beat. But getting this Win is key to lock in atleast one 1 W from this stretch. Then its on to face the cards with a new owner who we don't know a lot about now but we project good things from him. Week 8 is the last game vs the Jags for the year and it goes without saying that a split of the series would be nice. Week 9 its on to face AFC north champion Steelers who we hope to help out our buddy bigtexas and get the win. But going on the road is def not going to be a easy game.

Goal - Going 2 for 4 might be a stretch as this is the toughest part of the schedule. We play it safe and assume 1 win

-----------------------------------------
10 - Bengals
11 - @49ers
12 - @Browns
13 - Seahawks
14. Colts

Notes - This is gonna be the stretch where we make up some ground as we have 3 CPU games and all 3 of them have to be W's but the seahawks are definitely not going be a easy game. The week 10 matchup with the Bengals we aren't sure what to expect so we will have to watch some more game film vs them and see how there season plays out. The week 12 matchup vs the browns is one that will be fun to play win or lose.

Goals - We need to win 4 of 5 here

-------------------------------

15 - @Jets
16 - @Rams
17 - Ravens

Notes - Week 15 vs the Jets a team that like us struggled last year but in year 2 with less turnovers we know they can be a dangerous team. We faced the Jets twice in season1 with another owner including one of them in the playoffs. The game vs Rams is another that we are looking forward to as I have yet to get the chance the play him and he is a vet here. We predicted him making it to the super bowl so that one is gonna be a good test for us. Then to close out the season we have are ol buddy pack with his new team the Ravens. They wont be a lot of secrets in this one and we are very glad to get a chance to play him this year. A lot of wild and crazy things seem to happen we we play.

Goals - Its not going to be easy to get 2 wins from this 3 but I am not sure we can make the playoffs with back to back losses to end the season.

---------------

In closing - A conservative projection/hope has 7 wins which more then double the 3 we got last year. Last year Jags won the divison I believe with 9 wins so that's the min that we are looking for to have a chance for the post season.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
* I didn't get to go in depth like I wanted to with all the stuff I said earlier but I did want to get something up

Season 3 Offense Preview

This will be a key season for Mariota as he took a big step back last year. He is gonna have to take better control of the football if the team is gonna make the playoffs this year. EJ Manuel was brought over to back up after the offseason trade of Mettinburger and the team is comfortable enough in him as he even has 4 point stronger arm then Mariota just his accuracy is under 80.

Darrell Jordan looks to improve on his rookie year and has set a goal of 1,500 yards this year. Kadeem Dixon the other rookie HB last year will still be the 3rd down HB and KR. Bishop Sankey and David Cobb are still around but unless a injury or blowout happens will not see the field much. With the retirement of John Kuhn Ryan Hewitt was brought over to take his place. His main job is to run block where he is a 85 but he is a solid enough pass catcher also.

The WR unit will look much different then it was last year DGB traded and Harry Douglas cut to save over 3 million bucks. Markus Wheaton was signed as FA and will likely get the first chance to be the slot WR. He brings speed to the field with close to 90 in all 3 area's but is only average in the other area skills. Justin Hunter had the slot WR last year and he Is still around and will battle it out for that job again this year. The main new addition to the WR corps is DJ Robison a much needed shot in the arm at WR who was a 2nd round pick. He is only 5'10 but has 94 agility, 97 acc, 97 juke to go along with low 80's in most WR key area's. He could be a key to take some pressure off of Kendall Wright.

Josh Hill was expected to take over full time as the starting TE with Delanie Walker moving on this offseason. But when FA started they went after Jordan Reed and the team was shocked that he didn't have other teams trying to sign him. He is still in his prime 27 and has solid speed for the position (80,87,86), But he makes his money with 90 catch, 87 CIT and 84 Route Running. He is not the run blocker the team likes to have though. Hill will still see plenty of time as a lot of 2 TE sets and vet Anthony Fasono is still around and is quality depth.

The OL we fill is the one of if not the strongest in the entire NFL with all 5 starters 90 or better. The starting 2 OT Taylor Lewan and Kelvin Beachum are both back but sadly got hurt and will likely miss the first 3 weeks of the season. Chance Warmack and David DeCastro will now team with Corey Linsey to form the important middle of the titans power run offense scheme. Linsey was the key piece in the trade back from the 2nd pick and he has already got rewarded with a new 7 year deal before even playing his first game. The depth will be tested though and Carl Nicks and his 88 run block could see some time at OT till the starters get back. Rookie Mario Griffin (74 ovr) adds depth and will start at LT the first few weeks. He was drafted in the 3rd round and has over 80 in all 3 key blocking ratings. Last years 6th round Allan Jordan (65 ovr) and Jeremiah Poutisah (71 ovr) are also on the roster.

Last edited: