Madden 16 Impressions

mycaddy

Starter
Also to test my theory on the height I want to do the same test with a cb that is at least 6'5 but I dont think there is one in the league... If there is please tell me who he is and on what team dont really care what his ratings are just want to see if it is a height thing

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That bothers me that you could go 30/30 with Calvin :( Even the sun shines on a dogs bum now and again. And that's practice mode AND All-Madden? Oof...

Spotlighting used to be back in the old PS2 days. It was effective for helping to shut guys down. Don't know how I went a full release without knowing they added it. Not sure if that was more my fault or their for not making it more apparent.

Expect me to spend a good deal of time practicing on how to shut that junk down and posting a vid. If we do encounter it in the leagues, everyone should know their options for countering it.

mycaddy

Starter
Yes I agree 30 for 30 and Slay is an average cb not elite but not bad either. As long as Stafford made a decent throw he caught it every time and did well versus the elite cbs as well. If it is a 1 on 1 situation basically guaranteed catch versus anyone...

mycaddy

Starter
I will say I tried fade in the endzone from inside the 10 with horrible results... That was a guaranteed TD in 15... Not so much anymore... At least they fixed that

mycaddy

Starter
but my fade route testing was better against weaker dbs so it is good that your personnel makes a big difference

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, so pack1797 and I started up a practice CFM and tested Cowboys vs Giants to see what aggressive catch was like in CFM. I can say pretty confidently that what we have seen online in Draft Champions is NOT representative of how the game plays in CFM.

We played 6 min qtrs and mostly just threw bombs and post routes deep to Dez Bryant and OBJ. Both QBs were under 40% accuracy and we threw 15 INT between us. Both Dez and OBJ dropped balls that they got their hands on because the DB ripped it out. Both QBs also overthrew and under threw routes. Man coverage seemed MUCH better than what I had seen on Draft Champions too. The windows were much smaller and guys would reach in and break up passes on slants and crossing routes.

I'm not ready to claim the game is 100% perfect or that we won't uncover any issues down the line. But I do feel very confident that aggressive catch is NOT overpowered in Connected Franchise and feels pretty balanced. I wish Draft Champions was a little more balanced because I really like that mode. However, I can live with it because 95% of my games once the leagues start will be CFM so that's what is the most important to me at this point.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Rex tweeted that the regression and drive goal but for cfm will be fixed on first patch. He said it won't be day 1 but also won't be 6 weeks out.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I don't think it will be a issue on this leagues bc from what I gather the drive goals only happen in blowouts and don't carry over to the next game. The regression wasn't played by user games it was just off simmed games.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What are we talking about? The issue with guys going over 100 confidence in a blowout? Those should be pretty rare in here if people are cheesin like crazy. There's going to be a learning curve. And the first season will take ~ 6 weeks so hopefully the patch will be out before the offseason.