Jets / Jags proposed trade

Blackhawk375

Starter
Jags - Blackhawk375 ($13.7m cap space, $1.25m cap penalty)
Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Age: 32, 88 Overall, 1 year remaining on contract, 5.19m remaining salary, .73m cap penalty
Allen Hurns, WR, Age: 27, 74 overall, 4 years remaining on contract, salary: $.69m, $.34m cap penalty
Round 1 pick 27 in tonight's draft
Round 3 pick 91 in tonight's draft

Jets - dspbuckle ($25.6m cap space, $0 cap penalty)
Round 1 pick 8 in tonight's draft

Jbek
georgiafan
Tigers20
Jukemwr21
Imperfect611

Last edited:

Imperfect611

Starter
32 year old DT with 1 year left to gain about 1200 points according to the draft chart in value is what this is to me. Considering that players like this would normally go for a 5th or 6th I have to say no. I would say he is worth about 45 points at most.

Blackhawk375

Starter
Jags thoughts.... targeting a player to fill a major need on our team that will most definitely not be around when we pick at the end of the 1st round. Willing to part with our rock in the middle of our defense to make way for some of the younger guys to step up. We have a lot of options at DT and even thought Marks is a beast it makes him a bit expendable... and the only DT we have that is good enough to justify this move up in the draft.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Jets need help at DT and another LB bad. All my DT FA offers were declined so I have to seek DT's elsewhere lol. With so many DT's in the draft of a decent caliber, they are willing to move down and pick up a LB instead beucase most LB's are round 2+ picks, but the JEt's have no round 2. The trade fills in the DT need and doesn't use up a high pick on a not so high player.

We are aware the Jags may have to toss in some extra, but we figured we would start with posting it and having insight from the comittee.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
8th pick is worth 1400 points
27th pick is worth 680 points

The difference is 720 points like the 25th pick in the draft

I think jets need to get more value since the DT he is getting is 32

dspbuckle

All-Star
yeh that works fine. Thanks for the chart guys, when we were on the phone we couldn't find it lol and figured you guys would post it for us haha

Blackhawk375

Starter
Jags are upping the ante... adding WR Allen Hurns and their 6th round pick in tonight's draft. Hurns fills a hole for the Jets as a younger WR with talent that will never be realized on Jags given their depth at WR.

dspbuckle

All-Star
and Hurns helps since I only have 1 young quality WR in Russel. Decker and Crabtree are great but Decker is SLOOOOW (but reliable) and although I like Carbtree, niether of these guys have the speed I'm looking for to balance my WR core. Hurns 90 Accell and 87 Speed will help me out.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea still need more tAlsnt for him as hurns is average since he doesn't have a trait above 86.

What about making the 6th round pick a 3rd or so?

Blackhawk375

Starter
Ok... Jags have upped the 6th to the 3rd rounder. Original post edited to reflect all of this frenzy!
Where is Kevin Costner when you need him???