Bucs Dolphins Trade 3.0

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Bucs - Jukemwr21 ($10K cap space, $0 cap penalty)

PLAYERS
Gerald McCoy, DT Age 30, 99OVR, Remaining years on contract 4, cap penalty - $1.40M
http://daddyleagues.com/px1vip/player/5445551/attributes
Justin Blackmon, WR Age 28 77OVR Years Left: 3 Cap Penalty: :$2.40M
http://daddyleagues.com/px1vip/player/5446095
Denario Alexander, WR 77OVR Years Left: 2 Cap Penalty: :$1.00M
http://daddyleagues.com/px1vip/player/5445583

Phins - Luis3250 ($24.60M cap space, $120K cap penalty)

PLAYERS
Jarvis Landry, WR Age 25 81OVR Years Left: 4 Cap Penalty: :$4.00M
http://daddyleagues.com/px1vip/player/5445887/attributes
Draft Picks
2018 1st round pick
2018 3rd rounder

zbenjamin85 Tigers20 Spayer419 Jbek georgiafan BigTexas18
(Added Zben since he was on the committee before he left and we lost Nighthawk.)

Bucs reason for trade is that I NEED to gain some cap space. Tex and I have had the discussion about what the plan is to counteract the double signing glitch. Incase that doesn't work this needs to, MCoy frees up over 12M in cap room for me. Jarvis Landry gets me younger at WR, and fills the void left by Blackmon and is a much better fit for my roster. 3rd Rounder gives me Cap space for Alexander leaving

Luis3250

All-Star
Miami is looking for help at DT. Needing pass rush to help out my cb's who are 70 ovr. The WR's give me bigger WR's that I'm looking for.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
This is a complicated trade so I was glad when I woke up that nobody has responded to this yet. So I would recommend everyone sharing there initial thoughts and us talking this trade out before we just vote with 1 or two words. As far as a 5th member I have someone in mind and I'll send him a PM after I get done with this.

It might have just been a type but Alexander is a 70 overall not a 77, Landry a 80 not 81, Blackman a 75, McCoy 98 not 99. That's one reason why we like to post the pic on here incase any trade committee members are lazy. Daddy Leagues ratings are what we always use to look and it keeps it fair across the board without confidence or scheme bonus.

Like I've said in other places McCoy is clearly worth more then a 1st round pick. I would project the Dolphins pick to be mid 1st round. McCoy will start getting worse since he is 30 but with a DT his speeding dropping doesn't bother me as much. He should still be elite for atleast this season and 1 more. But in general if you are cutting this trade in half then a 1st and 3rd for McCoy seems about right.

Alexander has 0 value to me with a 70 overall and 30 years old where his speed will soon drop. I know he had some good stats. But to me that's more of being a product of juke's play style/offense system then it is of his ratings.

The biggest thing worrys me about this is that it seems like a madden trade and not a real NFL trade. But I am sure someone can look back and find a similar trade that has gone through that wouldn't happen in the real NFL. I say this bc the bucs are one of the favorites in the NFC and a real NFL team wouldn't trade a 98 overall player during the season when they have hopes of getting to the superbowl.

Another thing of note is this would only leave Dolphins with 4 draft picks right? after trading me a 4th in a previous trade

That's some of my initial thoughts so with bucs already playing this week it gives us a day or two to get this worked out.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Somethings going on... I swear to God all of these ratings were correct when I posted this trade. I wouldn't be that far off I did this from work so I did use daddy leagues. I copied and pasted all of the facts so I wouldn't be wrong. Going to check madden now

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
If you checked the overalls on Madden then they will be different then Daddy Leagues but I am sure you know that.

The 2 WR on your team now have less of value going by the DL overall that I posted then the ones that you have in first post. I also thought when looking at other trade from offseaon that McCoy was a 99 overall. I will synch rosters on DL now

Jukemwr21

All-Star
I know that but there is a 10 point difference overnight?!? No I don't think so. There is no way in God's green earth that a 10 point ovr difference is right between the actual game and a website. If that's the case then maybe we need to look into how much we trust daddy leagues. Not arguing, I'm just saying I copied and pasted Age, OVR, and contract terms from Daddy leagues itselfFB_IMG_1457099385739.jpg

Jbek

Contributor
Overall is definitely over-rated. You'll hear me say this over and over again. It can be used to judge a player at the quickest glance, beyond that though, a smart user will consider situational tendencies in their playstyle and try to find the right players to fit those tendencies. In that regard, an 80 Overall player could be inferior to a 75 Overall player, a 90 could be inferior to an 85, and so on. So I think that when discussing trade viability, we ought to value age, contract status, scheme fit, and basic attributes as the most vital elements. That is ofcourse after we've considered whether or not this trade is realistic in the current NFL trade climate.

That all being said, I think that a star player would not be traded in week 4 of the regular season, especially when the team is primed for a deep run in the playoffs. To me, that nullifies the realism of this trade.

Sorry guys, but I am going to have to vote NO on this trade. However, if this trade really would help balance out the unfortunate error with Jukes double signing, than I would be willing to overlook the lack of realism, and vote yes. That is ofcourse up to the commissioner though.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Do y'all think I really want move him? I don't. Unfortunately for myself and because of the games stupid glitches, This is my only contingency plan to execute because I'm all out of options. I have 2 players behind him that can keep me looking deep into the playoffs as I rely on my LBing core elite speed to stuff gaps. Jbek is right I look at situational rather than overall. I hate trading him, but if my penalties can't be cleared before resigning I will more than likely be the owner of a different team next season.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea the cap glitch thing also makes this even more complicated. Was you and BigTexas18 able to come up with a way to fix it. I know yall was working on it the other day

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Sort of. We released Winston causing 2 things to happen. 1.) A huge penalty for next year's cap (39.6m) 2.) This year I have a total cap room of 10k. At least I'm positive. Tex is going to clear my cap penalties for next year. Meanwhile I have to put faith in Winston resigning long term after the season.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
yea I know he was going to clear the cap penalty I just wasn't sure if it has been done or if that's something that is done in the offseason.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I will input this for the committee. Juke has been victim of a huge unfortunate glitch. While I wouldn't see this trade happening, it's really one of the best things he can do to clear cap space and try to recover from this glitch that I have not been able to find a fix for. I suggested to him that he try and trade McCoy.

Imperfect611

Starter
So I have read everyone else's thoughts and first thing is that I am going to approach the idea of a team trading a star player being unrealistic differently. In the NFL trades for players aren't as common as other sports, but they are generally for two reasons.

One a player is unhappy which maybe you could say that if you wanted a story, but McCoy starts and is always on the field. The Bucs are super bowl contenders and I can't imagine he would want to go to a team where he would become a DT2 and which most people are expecting a wild card or 8-8/9-7 finish from considering that divisions history.

Second is for cap reasons which is what this is, but those are usually off-season trades. Mid-tier veterans (80-85 overall to me) in off-season would go for 6th or 7th round picks simply to get them off the roster. McCoy is not mid-tier by any sense he is arguably the best run stopping 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE in the game rivaled by Suh. In offseason i would value him to be worth a 2nd and a 3rd or a 1st and 4th. This is because of the cap issue and that the Bucs could fill the hole in FA and the draft immediately. Because this is regular season now though the Dolphins would need to pay for the value of the player and the cap issue would most likely be ignored. There is no reason the Bucs should want to give up McCoy mid season unless the Phins overpay, because no matter what their team will be weaker for a year. IRL this trade would happen in off-season before FA.

According to my thoughts though Phins would be slightly overpaying for McCoy atm. He is 30 years old and yes usually it is speed that goes down first, but tbh we don't have many years left. Phins will have McCoy until the franchise is over most likely. McCoy will at worst drop to a 94 overall and be a big tank in the middle of the line nobody can move. The draft picks can cover McCoy in value, but why would a 4-0-0 team looking at a deep playoff run trade off their best player? I can't see it.

The other half of the trade is purely scheme based to me. Landry is small for an NFL WR, but he has some of the surest hands in the game. Up his route running a little and he is Edelman or Welker. Good player and with some improvement could be a number one in the right scheme in a year or two. Blackmon is secretly a great player his awareness is dropping his overall. The two offset each other based upon the scheme you put them in.

Alexander lastly is basically worthless in this trade and more of a consolation prize to the Phins to push the trade through. He gets hurt way to easily and that is only going to get worse. He is worth a 6th rounder or 7th imo because he is replaceable in FA. I don't count him at all in this trade except for the cap issue.

On the issue of the cap glitch we are going to need to find a work around to try and fix this issue. Maybe it will need to be a hands off policy with Winston come FA or giving Juke as much leeway as possible with cap pens and clearing them. I know this trade happened due to a glitch, but I still feel like I need to consider the impact this trade has personnel wise. I am accepting some of the sim style will have to be set aside due to a glitch. 16 weeks is what I am thinking about. 15 potential games without McCoy and without opportunity to get that caliber player again.

Verdict: No
Reason:
Timing. If this was the offseason I would say yes, but since this is week 4-5 it is a no unless the Phins are willing to truly overpay for McCoy. The Bucs giving up this player should feel like there is no risk to them at all and atm who knows how the draft will turn out. This can't be an even trade value wise imo since the 20 weeks without McCoy's replacement (or a need to worry about cap) need to be considered.
Suggestion: Phins replace their 3rd with a 2nd and I am a yes.

Imperfect611

Starter
Also half of this was written before Juke, Georgia, and Tex started talking about the glitch so I added some at the end.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Ok i am about to head to lunch and dang impressive first post imperfect. I will say that I'm willing to overlook the non sim part of this trade happening at mid season with all the cap stuff that clearly wasn't jukes fault. But I do want it to be known I/we are making a exception in this case.

Can someone post the current Daddy Leagues picture of the 3 WR's so its easier to compare them ? I don't like the fact the dolphins are getting older at the WR spot in this trade. I think Landry is better then a 80 overall and will be killer in the slot