Browns - Titans Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Looks like you guys responded while I was typing lol. Ok, I'll change it to a 4th. Again, I appreciate what you guys are saying and I completely agree with maintaining competitive balance. But I really try to structure my trades to be fair. And the initial offer was Gipson for Mettenberger and I added a 5th and then he added the FB. WE tried to make it fair and that's all we can really ask of guys ;)

I'll be honest, both myself (the guy who created 90% of the rules) and pack1797 (the league commissioner) think it is a reasonable offer. Again, I appreciate guys wanting to keep things fair and maintain competitive balance. But there is such a thing as nit picking deals to death and killing the fun of the process. I can absolutely see your points, but I'm struggling to see how a guy (forget his name) with those ratings would not be (at least) a late first round pick if he were a rookie in the draft. And I'm willing to give a 4th on top of it for a guy I may only have for one year??? Are you guys even considering that aspect as well?
I am considering that, it's just Gibson is a game changer and a star and the jury is still out on Mettenberger, but it all comes down to the value that star has for Mettenberger if that is Qb then by far it's a great deal because franchise Qb's don't grow on trees

pack1797

Staff member
There is risk on both sides. Granted, titans get a playmaker out of the box, but no guarantee that he has him past this season unless he franchises him. Browns are getting a qb that has a high skill set for a "backup" and if he developed him properly, he'd carry a higher price tag than any safety in the game. Yes that's a big if. Hence the risk. The fb is an upgrade on the cheap, plus a fourth round pick. Its not perfect, but I'd love to see a perfect trade with any players of value.

pack1797

Staff member
That being said. I vote yes contingent on the pick being a fourth, and both parties being wide awake as to what they are getting.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My impression the entire time was that 5StarTA was looking at Mettenberger as a franchise QB. I always err on the side of caution in regards to my trades as I do not want to be viewed as a hypocrite while trying to crate as sim of an environment as possible. And I am glad you guys are active and looking at the trades and wanting to make them as fair as possible. I'd prefer too fair than guys throwing their teams away. Just thought I did that here and hated that you guys may have thought I was trying to take advantage of someone.