Browns - Titans Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Titans - majesty95 ($37.1M cap space, $4.24M cap penalty)

Zach Mettenberger
Quarterback
Age - 24
OVR
Three years left on contract
Salary $570k, $570k, $630k
$90k penalty

Jalston Fowler
Fullback
Age - 25
OVR
Four years left on contract
Salary $560k, $550k, $550k, $740k
$90k penalty

2016 5th round draft pick

Browns
- 5StarTA ($20.7M cap space, $900k cap penalty)

Tashaun Gipson
FreeSafety
Age - 25
OVR
One year left on contract
Salary $2.35M
$0 penalty

The Browns get their QB of the future with 95 THP and low-mid 70's in all accuracies. The Titans get a great safety for one year with the hopes to re-sign him or franchise him after this season.

pack1797 kha0tikdreamz mycaddy

visionz813

Starter
I am going to have to vote no. Gipson is one of the best safeties in the NFL and the Browns are getting the Titans backup QB. Throw out the FB, and maybe increase the pick to a 3rd or 4th and it would make alot more sense. Zach by himself really doesnt get you a top flight safety in the NFL.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I am going to have to vote no. Gipson is one of the best safeties in the NFL and the Browns are getting the Titans backup QB. Throw out the FB, and maybe increase the pick to a 3rd or 4th and it would make alot more sense. Zach by himself really doesnt get you a top flight safety in the NFL.

I would tend to agree with you if he wasn't in the last year of his deal. That's the only thing that made it more plausible to me. I'm assuming some risk as I may only have him for one year. And just because Mettenberger is my backup doesn't mean he's just a menial QB. He's got HUGE upside. But I'll roll with whatever you guys decide as a group.

5StarTA

Starter
I need a QB. Gipson has 1 year left on his contract. He's gonna be super extensive to resign in the off-season. That's why I offered this trade.

I would have to agree with dreamz, Gipson is an elite young player and Mettenberger by himself does not warrant the trade as the fullback and 5th round pick don't really increase the value of the trade.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Have you guys looked at Mettenberger in the game? I'm not saying judging by him in real life, but by what he is in Madden? Zach has 95 THP, 77 SAC, 76 MAC, 74 DAC and 88 PAC. Take his name away and look just at those ratings. If a player in the draft had those ratings where do you think he would go?

I absolutely appreciate you guys wanting to hold guys accountable and ensure guys aren't not getting taken advantage of and the competitive balance of the league is not being upset. However, we also have to look at these deals in the context of what they mean in Madden. We saw Brock Osweiler turn into a (( OVR QB last year in the VIP league and win a Super Bowl. I think they have tuned it so it won't be that easy this year, but I see no reason why Mettenberger cannot be a high 80's (or better) QB in a year or two with development. Plus he has control over him for three more seasons.

I still think this is a fair trade considering what I posted above. But if I have to change the 5th to a 4th I will. Let's just make sure we are looking at these things in the context of Madden and not real life ;)

visionz813

Starter
Sure he has good power but that accuracy isn't too good. Plus he has a solid Madden qb in manziel like I said already. Back up qbs are not worth pro bowl caliber safeties.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Sure he has good power but that accuracy isn't too good. Plus he has a solid Madden qb in manziel like I said already. Back up qbs are not worth pro bowl caliber safeties.

Forget that he's "technically" a backup. He was the starter last year and would have been this year had Tennessee not had the #2 pick. And again, if he was a rookie in a Madden draft, where do you think he would go with those skills? Its not like he's getting freaking Scott Tolzien. Geez.

If star is saying that that will be his franchise Qb and he is willing to do the trade I say yes if he accepts the risk that he will have to develop Mettenberger.'I do agree the fifth round draft pick should be raised to a 4th.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll be honest, both myself (the guy who created 90% of the rules) and pack1797 (the league commissioner) think it is a reasonable offer. Again, I appreciate guys wanting to keep things fair and maintain competitive balance. But there is such a thing as nit picking deals to death and killing the fun of the process. I can absolutely see your points, but I'm struggling to see how a guy (forget his name) with those ratings would not be (at least) a late first round pick if he were a rookie in the draft. And I'm willing to give a 4th on top of it for a guy I may only have for one year??? Are you guys even considering that aspect as well?