All Madden16 ratings from EA

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a formula a bunch of math geeks would put in place since they would have no clue about any of the players irl. I know it's too much to know everything about every player but you would think they could pretty easily have one "consultant" say for each team who could at least give them some feedback in relation to rating players abilities. It's a shame but it is what it is.

You look at everything so simplistically. And i'd appreciate if you stop with the name calling. We don't allow it for members on the forum and we're not going to allow it for developers of the games we support either.

They obviously watch film or have "consultants" or whatever because they have to rate 1500+ players in skills related to their position. There is obviously no combine numbers to plug in there. Why they chose this method for speed (and probably strength and agility) I do not know. But it does not make them idiotic morons who know nothing about football just because we do not agree. So please drop that tone. If you want to have an educated debate that is great. But if you just want to spew venom and vitriol there are other sites that allow that. This is not one if them.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
mycaddy One thing that was highly apparent in watching tape on Megatron is that he's still an ELITE receiver. He's got great route running, hands, release, catch in traffic and spectacular catch. He makes up for what he lacks in speed these days.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well going by some of the current vets guess could be as early as 27-28 yoa

Hilton has only been in the league four years right? It seems like it might be 1 per year. Which sucks. But I guess the bright side is that is not 10-15 points at age 30 lol

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I don't know the exact facts in real life some people might only be 4.7 which is slow. But those people will hold up that speed a lot longer then someone that runs a legit 4.4 or a fake 4.4 (doesn't play like they are 4.4).

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah I don't agree with the regression. I appreciate that they are trying to do something and handle it better than what was implemented last year. I just think guys like Maclin and Hilton get punished when they shouldn't.

I don't know how difficult it is to program an advanced formula for regression so I can't say what they should do. But I would like to see some guys be able to stay fast longer based on production and maybe a work eithic trait. By this model you just know a guy that is a 90 SPD when you draft him is going to be an 85 in five years. It's too predictable and I don't know that it's that realistic (at least that's the way it seems based on the spreadsheet). But it's probably better than dropping to like 75 SPD when they turn 30 lol.

They're trying. I just don't think they took the right approach. But I also have no idea if a more advanced formula is possible. I'm sure it is. They probably just haven't figured out how to get it to work correctly and are trying to do something better than last year in the meantime.

mycaddy

Starter
I will say only only time I use speed and where you see the biggest difference is when ppl try to press Calvin Johnson now he has 99 release so if you press him it is a auto td for me... I am going to hot route him to a streak and last year he started with 96 acc and 96 speed. when you press he has a 10 yard gap on the cb (literally) and with that acc and speed there is no recovery and your safety will not be able to get there in time... but for most plays I know and understand that his other attributes still make him a great wr but dropping his speed does take away a huge weopon...

mycaddy

Starter
and yes I think thye get punished to much but in general players do grop speed drastically as they get older and no matter how hard your work ethic is father time will win everytime that being said I just think they hit you to hard in Madden...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, part of the problem, I think, is that guys were overrated speed wise to being with and they are trying to correct it and it is jarring. I don't know if Calvin ever really played at 96 SPD like a T.Y. Hilton but guys got used to that and now they are trying to correct it and its a big hit. Typically people don't like change lol. Antonio Brown is probably another example of a guy they probably had overrated speed wise. I think some guys are just shocked at the difference and not really considering whether some of the ratings might be more realistic now.

I do agree that guys lose speed and that's why I don't have a problem with this new system for the most part. As a general rule of thumb, I think this system probably applies to most players. I just don't think it applies to ALL players and there have to be built in variables to account for guys like Maclin who obviously hasn't lost a step or Darrell Green and Deion Sanders back in the day who played extremely fast into their 30's. They certainly lost a step as they got older, but it was much slower than 1 point per year. They may have been .25-.5 per year with a more drastic drop around 34-35. Whether they are able to do that or not in the game I do not know. But that would be the ideal way to handle the top 5-10% speed guys at each position to allow for some guys to stay at the top longer bc of some built in variable.

mycaddy

Starter
I agree for the most part and from an overall standppoint I am ok. Because you are right I was use to being able to use CJ for break away plays and he does do that in real life but I dont think he is as fast as T.Y. Hilton or Desean jackson though... but overall in Madden is still #3 although personally I think he is still the best in the league but I will admit I am bias because of who he plays for and he has been the best overall in Madden since Madden 12... I guess someone else has to take that spot over at some point. and the fact that a lot of players took a big hit it is something that was happening across the board to a lot of back wrs cbs basically every body although there is a kicker with 88 speed so I am wondering about that cant see a kicker hanging with CJ?