Washington moves to 2-1

jniles08

Contributor
Capture.JPG

Washington moves to 2-1 on the season after a throttling of the Oakland Raiders. This game was over before it began with some quick scores early in the first half which put the Redskins far out in front and they never looked back.

Game 4 Piece Nuggets
  • The defense was superb in this one minus one big play to Patterson which resulted in a long touchdown and one big drive by Oakland late in the 4th quarter which resulted in another touchdown.
  • The Redskins came away with 5 turnovers in this, 4 of them being interceptions as they confused David Carr all day, and frequently were in his face causing him to rush throws.
  • Washington had a big day finding the end zone on the ground with Chris Thompson scoring 2 touchdowns, and Robert Kelley finding the end zone once as well.
  • Dorial Green Beckham had a big debut with 5 receptions for 83 yards on the day. Washington really needed somebody to step up with Pryor and Doctson both out, and it appears that Beckham along with Brian Quick will fill that void. Quick had 84 yards on 3 catches, but found the end zone on two of the three.
Injuries

• Washington managed to stay healthy this week with no severe injuries to report.
  • Terrelle Pryor appears to be working his way back from broken ribs and it is unknown if he will be back next week or potentially the week after that. The team is hoping he is cleared for a return this week, which would be a week sooner than expected.
They Said It
  • "We really needed this game after our performance last week. I felt the team was disappointed in the outcome last week and to see a response like the one we showed today was a thing of beauty." Said owner Justin Niles.
  • "I was just trying to step up for Kirk and get open. He luckily found me at the right time." Brian Quick on his touchdown reception.
Highlights

Below is a video which shows the top 4 plays of the game for the Washington Redskins

https://twitter.com/niles2008/status/911767026980573184