VIP Mock Draft thread

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I wasn't sure how to label and do this thread as I know we don't want spoilers in this thread. So all of the projections I did are using the default draft rankings. I will do the top 10 for now as most of them are CPU teams but if there is interest I can do the next 10. The draft order is based off the win total and in order of what the game says in standings.

1. Jags (1-11) QB Eric Hill -6'3 226 Ohio State
The Jags have a tough call on is Blake Bortles the QB of the future? His stats are about the same as his rookie year just with a better TD to Int ratio in. He has 16 TD, 13 Interceptions but his % is down 6 and yards will end up the same. They are loaded at WR & TE so they don't need any of them. The other option would be a RE to team up with last years 1st round pick Fowler. But in the end I think Jags take Eric Hill who is the protypical pocket passer and maybe he sits to start his rookie year.

2. Steelers (2-9) LE Russell Carroll - 6'7 260 - FSU
Its very rare the Steelers are drafting in the top 5 and they still have lots of talent on the roster. So this could be a scary team If they pick the right person. Like the Jags they don't need a WR with Brown,Bryant and Wheaton, Coates. We think the Steelers take the DE from florida who may not be the perfect scheme fit but at 6'7 260 we think he can adjust to a 3-4

3. Saints (2-8-1) WR Teddy Florence- Texas
The question on everyone mind is do the Sants take a QB if Eric Hill is still on the board? Brees is 36 and missed most of the year with a injury. They have Akiem Hicks and Jordan Cameron so they don't need any of the DE's, With Jimmy Graham gone and Colston getting up in years we have them taking the tall WR and getting more playmakers in the fold for whoever the QB of the future is.

4. Vikings (3-9) WR Jaron Hannah - 5'10 182
The Vikings are a team that has talent and not a lot of gaping holes. Jaron Hannah is a smaller speed WR who can eventually take over for Mike Wallace. Some people think he is to small to be a top 5 draft pick but the Vikings are in a tough spot as they don't need any of the defense talent on the board except for maybe a CB.

5. Broncos (3-8) DE Darius Murphy - 6'6 274 Wisconsin
You have to think Peyton Manning retires at the end of the year so its likely the broncos will be in a multi year rebuilding project. You could go WR but in this case 2 are already off the board. They do have Malik Jackson who is a 87 overall and only 25 years old so he might not see the field right away.

6 Dolphins (3-8) CB Cameron Phillips - 6'2 207 Auburn
This one is easy Brent Grimes is the #1 CB and a 88 overall but he is 32 and no other CB on the roster is rated higher then a 76. Cameron can come in right away and see the field and he has the kind of size that NFL teams love. This should be a no brainer if he is on the board

7. Bears (3-8) FS Eric Hairston - 6'0 227 - Texas A&M
We think as it all shakes out the bears will not be drafting this high but for now they are so that's what we have to with. A QB is obviously in play but Eric Hill will be long gone. Do they like Daniel Adams or Brady Washington enough to draft them? They have a huge hole at the FS position and he should be able to jump Brock Vereen (73ovr) for the starting job right away.

8. Cards (3-8) DE Jordan Ware - 6'5 245 - Pitt
This is another where the scheme fit isn't exact but there is a need at RE where 31 year old Frosty Rucker 80 ovr is currently starting. Do they go QB if Palmer hangs it up?

9. Falcons (3-7-1) WR Lamonte Beckworth - 6'4 239
Julio is locked up and will be a star for a long time but Roddy White and Devin Hester are getting close to time to hang it up. He has great size and continues the tradition of LSU WR's in the NFL. He would make for a great pair with Julio while Hardy and Hankerson battle it out for the slot

10. Bucs (4-7) LT Shakim Johns - 6'6 306 -Texas A&M
Reggie Wayne and Vincent Jackson are both way over 30 so a WR to team with stud Mike Evans is possible but Beckworth went one pick ahead. The bucs have a lot of different ways they could here but I don't see a DE currently projected to go in this area. They also really need to upgrade at OT so I see that being the pick as they can come in right away and be the best player at that position. In the end we picked Shakim Johns over Wyatt Spence since he is more of a LT then a RT

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
This is a little tricky with all the ties but I think its right

Week 17 Draft order
1. Saints 2-11-2
2. Broncos 3-12
3. Falcons 3-11-1
4. Cards 4-11
5. Jags 4-11
6. Steelers 4-11
7. Dolphins 4-11
8. Bears 5-10
9. Colts 5-10
10. Vikings 5-10
11. Bucs 5-9-1
12. Eagles 6-9
13. Cowboys 6-9
14. 49ers 6-9
* Not listed any team that has 7 wins or more

Key Games this week (Possible wins)
Saints vs Falcons
Pats vs Dolphins
Jags vs Texans
Eagles vs Dolphins
Redskins vs Cowboys
Vikings vs Packers
Colts vs Titans

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
So far of those teams I listed the following has happened

Cowboys get 7th win
Colts get 5th win
49ers lose still at 6 wins

B

BlackPaw

So its pretty real, to have around 10 teams with 7 wins or less right.

B

BlackPaw

You can always write up mocks from a random source. I mean Mcshay and Schefter aren't always a 100% correct either.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea I could do like top 3 needs for each team and post them by divisions. I'll carry my laptop home tonight and get started on them.

I think they are 9 guys that are suppose to go early 1st round and most of the CPU teams are drafting in the top 10. So i'll do a few quick projections by team. It will be interesting to see if the CPU auto takes those guys are goes down the board a little bit.

B

BlackPaw

Yea I could do like top 3 needs for each team and post them by divisions. I'll carry my laptop home tonight and get started on them.

I think they are 9 guys that are suppose to go early 1st round and most of the CPU teams are drafting in the top 10. So i'll do a few quick projections by team. It will be interesting to see if the CPU auto takes those guys are goes down the board a little bit.
Thats a good point. CPU picks, never took time to think about their choices.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The quick final draft order I'm using the way they are listed on stnadings on daddy leagues site. So some of the teams with the same record could be out of order but I assume its right.

Final Draft order ?
1. Saints 2-12-2
2. Broncos 3-13
3. Cards 4-12
4. Steelers 4-12
5. Dolphins 4-12
6. Falcons 4-11-1
7. Bears 5-11
8. Jags 5-11
9. Bucs 5-10-1
10. Eagles 6-10
11. Colts 6-10
12. Vikings 6-10
13. 49ers 6-10
14. Packers 7-9
15. Texans 7-9
16. Cowboys 7-9

* The jags win over Texans dropped the down several spots and likely out of the QB race. They won 3 in a row to end the season going from pick 1 to pick 8

* Falcons beat the saints week 17 and with a new user team going from 3 to 6 hurts

Jukemwr21 Studley021

Last edited: