VIP 2016 Offseason Preview thread

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
* The overall ratings I used could change a few points depending on the scheme/ confidence etc.

* These are just my opinions from looking at overalls, age, and stats. I had no inside info when posting this.

* please leave feedback or just hit like bc I don't wanna spend time doing this if nobody is going to read it. My plan is to use this as a guide for the upcoming offseason.

Jets

RG
David Joseph (78 ovr) was signed this offseason to a 1 year deal so that tells you the team was worried about the RG position. He will be 32 next year and likely will not be brought back. Two other young guys in the mix are rookie Jarvis Harrison (71 ovr ) and Oday Aboushi (75 ovr) but a new starter is needed. They could also use some youth at tackles where your top 3 guys will all be 30 or older.

HB
Chris Ivory (80 ovr) is the starter and he had a a good year with 1,163 yards and 8 TD but he is a free agent. He will be 28 soon so they might not want to give him a long term deal. The other 2 HB's on the roster are Zac Stacy (78 ovr) and Bilal Powell (73 ovr) with Powell also being a free agent. Stacy saw action this year but only had minimal stats.

LOLB
Prince Shembo (78 ovr) was found innocent of his dog fighting charges and is only 23 years old and had a breakout year with 7 sacks. Since he only signed a one year deal he will be a free agent and will want a new deal. The depth behind him is non existent with old man Calvin Pace and Travis Reily (67 ovr). If Prince is signed to a new deal then LOLB can moved down the pecking order. This is a talented roster and the wildcard position on this team is QB.

Key FA
LOLB Prince Shembo - 78 ovr
HB Chris Ivory - 80 ovr
RT Gregg Williams 77 ovr
SS Anonio Allen - 78 ovr
FS Jaiquawn Jarett 80 ovr

Bills
LG
Going into the year we thought QB would be the #1 need but that isnt even on the list due to the year Taylor had. The glaring hole on this team is at LG with John Miller (74 ovr) and Cyril Richardson (70 ovr). The starting RG on the team is 32 year old Richie Incognito who will be a free agent. So some major work will need to be done to OG spots.

ROLB
The top 2 ROLB on the roster this year are both over 30 and Lance Briggs and Manny Lawson. Manny could prob get you by another year as a starter but at worst a new starter needs to be found for 2017.

OT
Cordy Glenn (91 ovr) is a free agent and we dont see any way he is able to get to the free agent market before a new deal is made. Former 5* recruit Seantrel Henderson (74 ovr) is your starting at RT and the only other OT on the roster has a 64 overall rating. At the worst a OT is needed to push Henderson for the starting job and provide depth.

Key FA
LT Cordy Glenn - 91 ovr
WR Percy Harvin - 88 ovr
RG Richie Incognito 85 ovr

Patriots
HB
The 4 HB's on the roster are Legarrette Blount (80 ovr), Fred Jackson (80 ovr), Brandon Boldin (74 ovr) and Travis Cadet (72 ovr). Blount and Jackson are both free agents and the other two are nothing to plan around. Blount only had 590 yards and 5 TD's this year.

LG
Another major hole with Josh Kline (75 ovr) being the starter with no OG or C on the entire roster being rated over a 80. So some major work is needed for the interior of the OL

CB
It's no secret the patriots need help at CB but i don't think its as bad in madden as it is in real life. Logan Ryan (81 ovr) Terrell Brown (78 ovr) and Malcolm Butler (78 ovr) are the options. Two CB's are set to be free agents and other one is a 59 overall.

Key FA
MLB Jared Mayo 91 ovr
RE Chandler Jones 88 ovr
DT Sealver Silga 81 ovr
RG Ryan Wendall 77 ovr
HB Legarrette Blount 80 ovr

Dolphins
LG
Sam Brenner (73 ovr) whoever that is was the starting LG last year and his backup is even worst then he is.

LOLB
A major hole Chris Mccain (72 ovr) rookie Zach Virgil (65 ovr) I am not sure who started this year because they both had almost zero stats. There is no depth at ROLB either.

HB

Only 3 HB's are on the roster 2 of them are rated in the low 70's and the other one Lamar Miller (85 ovr) is a free agent. Since this is a CPU team I have my doubts they will resign him even though he is coming off a 1,000 yard season and in his prime.

Key FA
HB Lamar Miller 84 ovr
FS Louis Delmas 82 ovr
MLB Mason Foster 76

Xxclaywilliamxx cnorys4 Colefolks319 Jandy pack1797 BigTexas18 Konvict27 majesty95 Spayer419 Glen Cieske woodsmall12 NightHawkTH32 Ninersfan8052 rkjones217 ACH_Bucks BlackPaw Paytonno1son zbenjamin85 Studley021 Jukemwr21 Tigers20 doubles87

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Top 3 needs

* These are just my opinions so if I post a need you are welcome to post calling me a idiot, say another position is a bigger need or just be silent as you don't wanna ruin your stategy.

* In the first post I focused on FA's I decided to not do that bc with the resign bug they are just so many players who are on the last year of there deal. With user teams most of those guys will be resigned after we hit the offseason. So I didn't focus on user teams if they had key players on the last year of the deal. I did pay attention to it more on CPU teams.

* some teams I could have easily named 5 needs for others was a struggle to find 3.

* My plan is to go ahead and get this up that way I can just use daddy leagues to do the write up when I am on my lunch break. Then if I run out of time atleast we have something up to look at. If need be I can update before draft.

* On user teams lets say you had a need at LE well if you had a quality backup at RE I wouldn't list as a need. But if It was a CPU team I was more likely to post it.

Browns
HB
LE
MLB

Steelers
QB
TE
FS

Bengals
C
DT
LOLB

Ravens
HB
WR
ROLB

Titans
C
RT
LG

Colts
HB
DT
SS

Texans
HB
LE
SS

Jags
QB
HB
CB

Chargers
QB
TE
LOLB

Chiefs
QB
LT
RG

Raiders
WR
TE
LOLB

Broncos
QB
C
RT

Eagles
QB
WR
SS

Giants
QB
LOLB
SS

Redskins
QB
RT
SS

Cowboys
QB
HB
CB

Vikings
WR
MLB
ROLB

Lions
DT
MLB
CB

Packers
LE
DT
MLB

Bears
QB
CB
SS

Bucs
HB
WR
S

Falcons
WR
C
S

Saints
QB
WR
LOLB

Panthers
WR
RT
SS

Rams
QB
WR
C

Seahawks
HB
WR
C

49ers
WR
RT
RG

Cards
QB
C
DT

dspbuckle

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer

Chiefs
QB
Alex Smith lead the NFL with 29 interceptions this year and will be 33 soon. He clearly isn't worth the 16 million a year he is getting. We aren't sure if with his 13.50 million Cap Penality he will stick around or just be cut. Mike Scott and Tyler Bray both some a little time but didn't impress and both have ratings under 70. The hard part is where do you find a QB with so many teams looking to find one? The chiefs need someone who can produce right away no matter what happens to Smith. The vet names they could get are people like Cutler, Mettingburger, Glennon and Bradford. Where they are picking in the draft the elite guys will likely be off the board. So do you try and trade up or reach a bit to draft someone?

LT
Former #1 overall Eric Fisher (83 ovr) is currently a RT and while a bit of a disappointment is a solid starter at one side. LT Donald Stephenson at 27 (79 ovr) still has a few years left but not much depth behind those two.

C
Chris Meyers was the center this year and is 34 years old

------------------------------------------

Raiders
WR
Sometimes its about taking a position that's good and making it elite and that's what they have the chance to do here. Cooper is obviously gonna be a star for many years to come and isn't going anywhere. Crabtree and Streater are solid options but another stud to team with Cooper could be deadly

TE
There is some youth and depth at the positon with Clive Warford (24,74) Mychal Rivera (25,81) and Lee Smith (28,75). But they didn't catch a TD all year and the leader in yards was well under 400. So if you want more playmakers on offense around Cooper it makes sense.

LOLB
Mack and Smith are going to be a deadly combo for years to come anchoring the defense. The two LOLB on the roster Ray Ray Armstrong Lorenzo Alexander are both in the 60's in ratings. Assuming Smith and Mack stay at DE then there isn't a highly rated LB on the team.

------------------------------------

Broncos
QB
This one is easy Peyton Manning is expected to retire and they have a top 5 draft pick.

C
The two no name centers on the roster are both under a 70 rating. A good way to get a young QB get killed is to not block for him. That will be the case unless they bring in some talent on the OL.

RT
Ryan Harris is 31 with a 65 rating and Michael Schofield is better at breaking out of prison (tv show prison break) then he is at blocking

---------------------------------
Chargers
QB
This may seem like a surprise at first as Rivers is coming off another good year with close to 4,00 yards and 2:1 TD:Int ratio. But he will be 34 soon and in madden QB's seem to retire earlier then expected. The other QB on the roster this year was Kellen Clemons. who is over 30. Drafting a QB in the mid rounds where he can sit behind Rivers for a few years and develop makes sense.

TE
Antonio Gates will be 36 soon and could retire at the end of year. His replacement was suppose to be Ladarius Green but he was traded for a Kings ransom earlier in the year. John Phillips (28, 78 ovr) gives them a solid TE while 35 year old Ben Hartstock will also retire/not be brought back

SS
It was hard for me to find a 3rd need for the chargers so that combined with having two first round draft pick makes it almost criminal to be the Chargers going into the offseason. Jahleel Addae (25,76 ovr) started at SS this and is no slouch and had 36 tackles (not sure if that's correct) and 3 interceptions. On the other side Eric Weddle is getting up in age though still one of the games best. They was 21st in pass defense so a versatile safety can come in and not be forced to start day 1.

Spayer419 majesty95 Glen Cieske

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Vikings
WR
They didn't have a WR with over 800 yards and 5 TD's so while they have depth a true #1 is needed. Mike Wallace (30, 81 ovr) still has speed but that will start declining at any time. Charles Johnson (27, 80 ovr) is a starting caliber player and had over 600 yards this year but is a free agent. Cordarlle Patterson (25, 75 ovr) doesn't look like he will ever reach his full potential and is a free agent. Rookie Stephen Diggs is fast but only a 67 overall. Julius Wright (26, 75 ovr) is a slot type WR.

MLB
Mike Mohamed (28, 75 ovr) and Eric Kendricks (24, 74 ovr) are more backup type players

ROLB
Both ROLB are free agents and the biggest name being Ashley Palmer (30, 86 ovr). Also of note the highest rated LOLB Greg Hodges Jr (25, 89 ovr) is also a free agent. Hodges rating on daddy league shows to be a 75 and on madden a 89 so if that holds up he will be one of the most sought after guys if he hits FA. If some of those are resigned then you can look at the C position where both guys are well over 30.

---------------------------------------

Lions
DT
Ngata is 32 and with a 90 rating and as long as he doesn't retire has a few more good years left and should resign with the lions. Two young guys that can fill bigger roles next year if need be are Caraun Reid (75 ovr) and Gabe Wrght (72) with Wright making big improvements this year. This isn't a glaring hole but some depth could be added depending on how resigning shakes out.

MLB
Prob the biggest need area on the team with only 1 player above 70. Remember Stephen Tulloch was traded to the chiefs during the season.

CB
Darius Slay is a keeper for years to come but Rashean Mathis is 36 and Josh Wilson is 31 and both will prob move on in the offseason. Alex Carter (21, 69 ovr) and Nevin Lawson (25, 68 ovr) are two other CB down on the depth charter but another starter is needed.

--------------------------------------

Packers
LE
Unless you have been living under a rock you know that the packers offense and robo Rogers is a force. They finished 27th in defense points and 24th in def yards while being top 5 across the board on offense. Letroy Guion (29, 76 ovr) and Datone Jones (26, 70 ovr) are the top 2 LE's on the team. They do have depth at RE but all 4 DE's on the roster are FA.

DT
Like DE they are all FA's on the DL with BJ Raji (30, 80 ovr) being the best of the bunch. It's starting to look like they will just start over from scratch at the DT spot.

MLB
Another position on the defense where its a big need and nobody is over a 80 rating. Just not a lot to get excited about. If the packers can find some defense players this offseason they very well could be projected to make the playoffs despite being a CPU team

----------------------------------------

Bears

QB
Jay Cutler (33, 78 ovr ) was benched for David Fales (71 ovr) this year so that about sums it up. Don't be surprised if Cutler is cut this offseason and QB is drafted with the 1st round pick. Fales finished with twice as many interceptions as TD this year.

CB
This positon is pretty ugly outside Kyle Fuller (24, 78 ovr) with 3 of the top 4 rated CB's all over 30 in Alan Ball, Chris Houston and Tracy Porter. With all the 3 WR sets that are run the bears need to bring in 2 starters.

SS
I would have put HB here but Jeremy Langford had a good close to the season with Forte maybe not being brought back. Ryan Munday and Antrel Rolle are both over 30 and while in the high 70's/ low 80's range some youth is needed. It wouldn't surprise us if both of these guys are gone next year.

BlackPaw Paytonno1son

B

BlackPaw

Excellent work man. I would say that is pretty spot on! Except for the MLB, Lions will look to move Levy to the Middle.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Excellent work man. I would say that is pretty spot on! Except for the MLB, Lions will look to move Levy to the Middle.

Lions was tricky because CB was the only position that was a no brainer for me. Then I looked at your offense stats and they were very odd with you being 3rd scoring but only 27th in yards, Your defense stats was top 3 across the board with the exception of run defense which was middle of the pack. Your top 4 WR will all be back and then Knile Davis had a good year at HB with the rookie backing him up. So to me your in the classic position of taking BPA other then CB.

B

BlackPaw

Yea, I dont know how peeps are having so many yards. I feel like i was missing something,lol. Def in BPA mode for the draft. Anxious to see whats available in free agency as well.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer

Browns
HB
The browns rushing attack was 9th in yards this year because they have arguable the best OL in the NFL. Robert Turban (26, 78 ovr) lead the way with close to 1,000 yards and 7 TD's this year. Isaiah Crowell (23, 74 ovr) had over 5.0 yards a carry this year and close to 300 yards. Duke Johnson (22, 75 ovr) didn't make the kinda of impact we expected but he still has time to grow. As you can see there is depth at the position but a true elite back is needed. With OL full of players rated in the 90's it is taylor made for someone to be able to produce right away and take some pressure off Johnny.

LE
The highest rated DE on the team last year was Randy Starks and he is 32 years old. John Hughes (28, 83 ovr) Billy Wynn (27, 74 ovr) and Desmond Bryant (30, 79 ovr) are capable of starting but on a very young team this is one position where some young talent is needed.

OLB
We struggled finding a 3rd area of need bc like we said there is a lot of young high ranked guys on this team So we went back and forth between WR, MLB but the end we went with OLB. The final reason behind that being the lack of production/ sacks by the OLB position. Barkevious Mingo was the only player on the team with more the 2 sacks. Paul Kruger (30, 85 ovr) only had two sacks last year and with a 3-4 the pass rush of course comes from the OLB

-----------------------------------------

Steelers
QB
Big Ben is in his mid 30's and could retire as soon as this year and the steelers have the 3rd pick in the draft. But #1 QB Eric Hill will likely be off the board at #3. So they had better hope that Ben doesn't retire and they can draft a QB in the mid rounds and see if he can develop. Will the steelers reach for a QB knowing they will likely all be gone by the time they pick in the 2nd round?

TE
Like Ben Heath Miller (84 ovr) is also in his mid 30's and its time to bring in some youth behind him. Heath saw his stats go down this year with under 400 yards and just 1 TD. His backup Matt Speath (80 ovr) is a dependable TE but he is also over 30. They do have a youngster on the roster in Jessie James but his rating is below 70.

FS
Mike Mitchell (30, 79 ovr) is the highest rated FS on the team and he had a good year with 4 interceptions but some youth and depth is needed.

---------------------------------------------

Bengals
CB
They finished 31st in the NFL in pass defense and they have two players to build around in Dre Kretpatrick (26, 78 ovr) and Darqueze Dennard (24, 76 ovr). They also have two vets over 30 in Leon Hall (85 ovr) and Adam Jones (81 ovr). So while they have some good ratings they didn't produce this year and this is a bengals team that doesn't have a a lot of holes and made the 2nd round of the playoffs without a user owner.

DT
Geno Atkins (28, 89 ovr) is still going strong and has a few more peak years left in him. But some depth is needed as there is only 2 other DT on the roster. It's time to bring in the replacement for Pat Sims (31, 79 ovr) and the other guy on the roster is Brandon Thompson (26, 71 ovr)

LOLB
Emmanuel Lamar and Marquis Hunt are both in there mid 20's with low to mid 70's rating so they could be upgraded on. I am not sure who started because neither one of them had any stats of note this year.

--------------------------------------------

Ravens
HB
To me the clear cut top need for the Ravens is HB where they finished 24th in the NFL in rushing yards. Justin Forsett is over the dreaded 30 mark for HB and only and 4 TD's this year. So they had to count on there FB in the redzone this year. Rookie Buck Allen (70 ovr) was held to 2.3 yards per carry this year.

WR
They finished 6th in passing yards and have some depth so it may seem like a surprise for WR to be listed as a need. But the ravens have shown they like to throw to multiple players with 5 people over 600 yards on the team this year. Steve Smith is pretty much a lock to retire at the end of the year. Marlon Brown (25, 79 ovr) makes for a good redzone threat with his size. Kamar Aiken (27, 74 ovr) had a very big year with over 700 yards. Rookie Breshard Perriman (22, 75 ovr) must show he can do more then just catch bombs because his 35 yards a catch will not last forever.

ROLB
Terrell Suggs has been a great player but he is 33 and its time to bring in his replacement. Also your starting LOLB in Elvis Dummerville is also over 30. Courtney Upshaw will lock down one of those spots for years to come but a new man is needed on the other side of him.

Konvict27 BigTexas18 CJTHA1

*A reminder the ratings you show could be different then the ones I see

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Bucs

HB
With a new owner in place it doesn't do much good to post stats from last year but Doug Martin lead the way with only 695 yards and less then 4 yards a carry. We expect Jeff Demps (64 ovr) and his 7.1 yards per carry to go down a whole lot this year. Charles Sims (25, 75 ovr) is another player who will be in the mix but he didn't do much this past year.

WR
Mike Evans (91 ovr) is a stud and had over 1,100 yards and 10 TD this year. Reggie Wayne and Vincent Jackson was both on the team this year but they will both likely not be back as they are both past retirement age especially Wayne. Denario Alexander (77 ovr) is another big bodied 6'5 WR that could fill in for Vincent Jackson next year. With all the tall guys at TE/WR it will be interesting to see if they look for another tall guy or a small quicker slot type WR. Another thing to keep in mind is that Winston was 2nd in the NFL in pass attempts (rogers) last year and with a new owner you would expect that number to go down.

LE
The defense was awful last year for the bucs and close to dead last in every area and the 32 points a game they gave up is pretty mind blowing. The defense needs a lot of work but the main area we picked out is LE where the two guys at that position now are both in there mid 60's as far as ratings go. At the other DE spot you don't have anything to excited about in Larry English (30, 70 ovr) and George Johnson (28, 74 ovr). You have a stud at DT so bringing in some talent around him to build up the DL makes sense to me

Falcons

WR
We all know Julio (96 ovr) is a stud and was great last year even with the CPU. He has two WR's on the team in Roddy White(85 ovr) and Devin Hester (71 ovr) who both could retire with Roddy still being a starting player. Greg Hardy is in the mix but he is more of a slot WR and while a good route runner is only a 70 ovr. Even if Leonard Hankerson is resigned another starting caliber WR needs to be brought in

C
No need to go in depth as a new starter must be brought in.

DT
There is a lot ways we could have gone with the 3rd need and but we decided to go with DT because Jonathon Babineux is expected to retire. Paul Solia (32, 81 ovr) provides some depth but he is also getting old. Tyson Jackson is currently a DE but he is capable of moving over to DT. The one good building block they have is Ra'shede Hagman (26, 77 ovr). We would expect atleast two DT to be added this offseason

-------------------------------------

Saints

QB
Your QB is almost 40 and you have the 2nd pick in the draft with a QB that is suppose to go #1 overall. The saints better be praying that Hill doesn't go #1 overall to the Broncos. If he does I have no clue how they find a QB unless they sign a scrub in FA like Cutler or Bradford.

WR
Bradin Cooks (22, 80 ovr) had a monster year with 1,200 yards and 10 TD but he needs some young legs behind him on the depth chart. Marques Colston (88 ovr) despite being 33 still went over 1,000 yards this year. Even Hakeem Nicks (28, 80 ovr) had a good year with over 700 yards. But Nicks and Colston might not be back next year and the only other WR of note on the roster is 6'6 Brandon Coleman (24, 70)

LOLB
Bruins-Dumpster-Fire.png

-------------------------------

Panthers

WR
Kelvin Benjamin (94 ovr) continues to be one of the best in the NFL with over 1,300 yards this year. Rookie Devin Funchess (22, 75 ovr) had a solid rookie year with over 300 yards and also has good size like Benjamin. Corey Brown (24, 71 ovr) had over 600 yards. But on a team that made it the NFC champ game you don't see a lot of huge holes. We think another high draft pick or FA could be added to the mix and could compete for playing time right away.

RT
It seems like the OT spot for them has been a issue for a few years now and its still not fixed. This has to be the#1 need for the team as both RT on the team aren't close to a 80 rating. Even looking at the OL as whole some more talent is needed at Trai Tuner (23, 91 ovr) is the only young talented guy on the team. Ryan Khali (88 ovr) is going strong but he is now over 30. The other potential starters for next year is Michael Oher (30, 83 ovr) and Nate Chandler (27, 77 ovr)

SS
Old man Roman Harper as the starter this year at SS. Kurt Coleman (28, 77 ovr) is a FS that could move over the SS as he is stuck behind Tre Boston (24, 84 ovr). The Panthers was 20th against the pass this year. With a lot of playmkers on defense this is one position that could be upgraded.

Studley021 zbenjamin85 Jukemwr21

Studley021

Starter
Yeah that is pretty accurate for my Falcons. I would add CB and FS as pretty top priorities. Secondary is a little weak but I like your take on our weaknesses

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer

Bears

QB
Jay Cutler (33, 78 ovr ) was benched for David Fales (71 ovr) this year so that about sums it up. Don't be surprised if Cutler is cut this offseason and QB is drafted with the 1st round pick. Fales finished with twice as many interceptions as TD this year.

CB
This positon is pretty ugly outside Kyle Fuller (24, 78 ovr) with 3 of the top 4 rated CB's all over 30 in Alan Ball, Chris Houston and Tracy Porter. With all the 3 WR sets that are run the bears need to bring in 2 starters.

SS
I would have put HB here but Jeremy Langford had a good close to the season with Forte maybe not being brought back. Ryan Munday and Antrel Rolle are both over 30 and while in the high 70's/ low 80's range some youth is needed. It wouldn't surprise us if both of these guys are gone next year.

BlackPaw Paytonno1son

Hoping that free agency is fruitful. Not only are the positions above a need but we really need to add depth at all positions.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It's been pretty fun in Xbox. A lot of high quality guys out there. Not sure if it will be the same here bc we have had less turnover but hopefully it's decent bc it is a fun part of the game.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Bucs

HB
With a new owner in place it doesn't do much good to post stats from last year but Doug Martin lead the way with only 695 yards and less then 4 yards a carry. We expect Jeff Demps (64 ovr) and his 7.1 yards per carry to go down a whole lot this year. Charles Sims (25, 75 ovr) is another player who will be in the mix but he didn't do much this past year.

WR
Mike Evans (91 ovr) is a stud and had over 1,100 yards and 10 TD this year. Reggie Wayne and Vincent Jackson was both on the team this year but they will both likely not be back as they are both past retirement age especially Wayne. Denario Alexander (77 ovr) is another big bodied 6'5 WR that could fill in for Vincent Jackson next year. With all the tall guys at TE/WR it will be interesting to see if they look for another tall guy or a small quicker slot type WR. Another thing to keep in mind is that Winston was 2nd in the NFL in pass attempts (rogers) last year and with a new owner you would expect that number to go down.

LE
The defense was awful last year for the bucs and close to dead last in every area and the 32 points a game they gave up is pretty mind blowing. The defense needs a lot of work but the main area we picked out is LE where the two guys at that position now are both in there mid 60's as far as ratings go. At the other DE spot you don't have anything to excited about in Larry English (30, 70 ovr) and George Johnson (28, 74 ovr). You have a stud at DT so bringing in some talent around him to build up the DL makes sense to me

Falcons

WR
We all know Julio (96 ovr) is a stud and was great last year even with the CPU. He has two WR's on the team in Roddy White(85 ovr) and Devin Hester (71 ovr) who both could retire with Roddy still being a starting player. Greg Hardy is in the mix but he is more of a slot WR and while a good route runner is only a 70 ovr. Even if Leonard Hankerson is resigned another starting caliber WR needs to be brought in

C
No need to go in depth as a new starter must be brought in.

DT
There is a lot ways we could have gone with the 3rd need and but we decided to go with DT because Jonathon Babineux is expected to retire. Paul Solia (32, 81 ovr) provides some depth but he is also getting old. Tyson Jackson is currently a DE but he is capable of moving over to DT. The one good building block they have is Ra'shede Hagman (26, 77 ovr). We would expect atleast two DT to be added this offseason

-------------------------------------

Saints

QB
Your QB is almost 40 and you have the 2nd pick in the draft with a QB that is suppose to go #1 overall. The saints better be praying that Hill doesn't go #1 overall to the Broncos. If he does I have no clue how they find a QB unless they sign a scrub in FA like Cutler or Bradford.

WR
Bradin Cooks (22, 80 ovr) had a monster year with 1,200 yards and 10 TD but he needs some young legs behind him on the depth chart. Marques Colston (88 ovr) despite being 33 still went over 1,000 yards this year. Even Hakeem Nicks (28, 80 ovr) had a good year with over 700 yards. But Nicks and Colston might not be back next year and the only other WR of note on the roster is 6'6 Brandon Coleman (24, 70)

LOLB
Bruins-Dumpster-Fire.png

-------------------------------

Panthers

WR
Kelvin Benjamin (94 ovr) continues to be one of the best in the NFL with over 1,300 yards this year. Rookie Devin Funchess (22, 75 ovr) had a solid rookie year with over 300 yards and also has good size like Benjamin. Corey Brown (24, 71 ovr) had over 600 yards. But on a team that made it the NFC champ game you don't see a lot of huge holes. We think another high draft pick or FA could be added to the mix and could compete for playing time right away.

RT
It seems like the OT spot for them has been a issue for a few years now and its still not fixed. This has to be the#1 need for the team as both RT on the team aren't close to a 80 rating. Even looking at the OL as whole some more talent is needed at Trai Tuner (23, 91 ovr) is the only young talented guy on the team. Ryan Khali (88 ovr) is going strong but he is now over 30. The other potential starters for next year is Michael Oher (30, 83 ovr) and Nate Chandler (27, 77 ovr)

SS
Old man Roman Harper as the starter this year at SS. Kurt Coleman (28, 77 ovr) is a FS that could move over the SS as he is stuck behind Tre Boston (24, 84 ovr). The Panthers was 20th against the pass this year. With a lot of playmkers on defense this is one position that could be upgraded.

Studley021 zbenjamin85 Jukemwr21
Just curious buddy... (great article by the way) but I'm wondering where your ratings are coming from because the ones from my depth chart have both my young DE's rated in the mid 80''s Johnson is an 84/smith is an 83. Other than that everything looked spot on. I'm looking into addressing my HB/WR issues this offseason.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Just curious buddy... (great article by the way) but I'm wondering where your ratings are coming from because the ones from my depth chart have both my young DE's rated in the mid 80''s Johnson is an 84/smith is an 83. Other than that everything looked spot on. I'm looking into addressing my HB/WR issues this offseason.

Daddy Leagues I'm guessing. You are seeing scheme adjusted overalls.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The overalls are tricky I'll explain how I did it when I first wrote down the need areas for teams I used madden. But then when I wrote the in depth and quoted overalls I got them from daddy leagues. I know the daddy leagues one doesn't account for the bonuses like scheme and confidence And it's the base rating ( I think) but for one player on Vikings I Think I noticed a 15 point swing from daddy leagues to madden.

You can change the scheme for your players and make them several points higher and it not really mean much just look better on paper

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Titans

C
RT
LG

We are just going do all of the positions in one area since they are all a OL. The titans have made no secret that they want to upgrade the OL with 3 guys starting below a 80 rating. The rushing stats was good last with 2nd in the NFL but Sankey had to work for all his yards except for in a few rare games. We don't know how many sacks was given up but it had to be one of the most in the NFL

-----------------------------------------

Colts

HB
This one is a easy one the colts was 31st in the NFL in rushing last year with 61 yards per game. Frank Gore will soon be 34 years old and the other two HB's on the team Vic Ballard and Josh Robinson aren't starting caliber players

DT
This is another major issue with whoever 32 year old Jaris Pendleton is leading the way with a 70 rating. The other two no name guys on the team are young but that's about all they have going for them. I would say two players need to be brought in at this position. The scoring defense was 30th for the colts last year and the run defense 24th and this position was one of the main reasons.

SS
Another position that's a major need with the 2 guys at this position Colt Anderson (30, 72 ovr) and Dewey Mcdonald (26, 69 ovr). The pass defense was 28th last year. Colt did have a lot of tackles last year but that's prob not a good thing.

Texans

HB
I did not list QB as one of the needs bc Mallet (76 ovr) had over 4,000 yards, 28 TD and 11 Int. But with a new owner in charge you never know what he will want to do with the most important position. Arian Foster (30, 92 ovr) had another solid season with over 1,000 yards. The two others HB's on the roster are decent Jon Grimes (71 ovr) and Chris Polk (74 ovr) are nothing to plan your offseason around.

LE
Despite what you would think this Texans team has a lot of holes on defense and they was in the 20's in rush yards and points. Jared Crick (27, 74 ovr) is the best player at that position and the backup RE is 32 years old. Whoever plays this position is walking into a good spot playing opposite JJ Watt.

SS
There is 2 guys here that you could start in Jeromy Miles (29, 81 ovr) and Quintin Demps (31, 78 ovr) but at the worst some youth in needed to take over soon. Neither of these guys had a interception this year.

-------------------------

Jags

LE
We had planned on putting QB here but Bortles had a great close to the season leading the team to 4 wins in a row to finsish the season. With that he played his team out of the top 5 draft picks and they are no longer in position to take a QB in the first round. Plus he had a good TD to Int ratio with 25:13.

So we went LE which needs some work Chris Smith and Ryan Davis being rated below 75. Last years 1st round RE Dante Fowler had a good year with 7 sacks. So another elite pass rusher could start making a identity for a defense that is without a superstar player

HB
This is a area where I had to throw out real world knowledge and list HB as a need. Because TJ Yeldon is only a 70 overall and had less then 100 yards this year. Denard Robinson (25, 76 ovr) was the starter and was looking like he would have a breakout year until he got hurt. Toby Gerhart (29, 71 ovr) auctally out performed TJ last year with 381 yards and 7 TD

CB
This jags pass defense struggled in yards last year giving up 241 per game. They do have 3 guys that are close to a 80 ratings and all in there mid 20's. All 3 guys especially Devon House was playmakers last with House getting 8 interceptions despite being hurt some. But some more depth and a true #1 CB is needed

pack1797 Jandy