Vikings vs Seahawks Week 13 : Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
Q: Wow, what a game. At the beginning of the first quarter it looked like it was going to what was expected a blowout. Seahawks scoring on their first possession with a big 81 yard pass play and then the fumble by Bridgewater that lead to another TD. Somehow you managed to weather the storm and kept it close the rest of the game. How did you manage that ?

Coach: Well we knew coming in they were tough. I mean they have some of the top talent in the league on their team, and of course their 9-2 record. So teams like that every down has potential of being the big one. They caught us off guard and struck blood right away. I just had to remind them of the game plan we had in place and get focused, forget what just happened, wake up and stick to the plan.

Q: Impressive stance for the defense. They kept Lynch who is one of the top running backs in the league to 32 yards. Even in the passing game, you take out the first play for 81 yard pass play and Russell is looking at a 150 yard passing game and only 6 yards of rushing for him. We are starting to wonder if all the practice reps go to the defensive. What are you doing in terms of trying to get the offense that is more reflective of such a high powered defense ?

Coach: Well first I want to acknowledge the defense, I'm very proud of their performance despite our record. More impressed by them not losing focus or giving up after those first big plays. That is very tough to do. Especially when all week the media expected this to be a major blowout and records to be broken against us. On the otherside, yes we do need to get more productive on the offensive side. However, I still think everyone did a good job, against a superbowl contender and we can build on that. I think even in losing, it gives our guys the boost to see we have the ability and talent to make it happen.

Q: Bridgewater outside of the early fumble, seemed to be back to much more composed playing. No interceptions and was able to move the offense down the field. However, some feel the offensive play is still too conservative. What are your thoughts on that ?

Coach:
There is a time and a place for more aggressive play. In this situation we did not want to take ourselves out of the game by being too aggressive against this powerhouse defense. The Seahawks are not the type of team you want to do that with. They have a very talented secondary that you have to be aware of on every down. They don't leave you a lot of open options. You take a big chance if you try and be too aggressive and we already had seem some of this in the fumbles they caused.

Q: Where is Adrian Peterson in your game planning. Another week, of lackluster performance. Granted he did get more yards then Lynch and a TD as well. How come we are not seeing better rushing numbers?

Coach: Our game plan is not focused on how many rushing yards we can get Adrian. Its focused on how we can move our offense and get some points on the board and sometimes that is not in the rushing game. We still get him very much involved. He got 5 passing receptions and 38 yards there too, that were getting some first downs where we needed them. He does whatever it takes. Teams tend to focus on him, and smart thing to do so we can't always feed him the ball on the ground as much as we'd like to.

Q: Good luck next week. Any closing thoughts or words for the fans or takeways from this game?

Coach: Thank-you. We know we need to find a way to get our game going faster and stop the big plays that keep the other teams ahead of us on the scoreboard. Fans need to know this team is not giving up, regardless of record, we will always go out and play 110% percent. They have a lot of pride and these loses are not taken lightly. We feel like even if its not this season, this work we are doing is part of the building process, and the fans can expect big things coming up for this team in the future.