Vikings vs Green Bay Week 11: Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
Q: First half game game looked pretty balanced, then second half it was like you guys fell apart. What happened out there?

Coach: Ya know I'm still scratching my head. They came out made adjustments for us, and we failed to make any for them. As a team we need to own this one, we made too many mistakes not just on the field but play calling as well.

Q: At the end of the half you tried to get a play off instead of taking the kick. Was there a reason for that? Not much faith in the kicker?

Coach: It was a poor clock management. I did want to take a shot at the endzone , but the timeout did not get called in time, so the half ended. Yes, we've had some issues at kicker, as you all noticed later he failed to make one around 30 yards.

Q: Blair Walsh has been up and down all year. What does the future of the kicker on this team look like at this point?

Coach:
I don't discuss player's contracts in the media. That us something we have to work out and for all purposes he is still our starting Kicker.

Q: Last week you played a near perfect game, to come out today and Bridgewater gets 2 interceptions after going 3 straight games without any. Was his mind not in the game or what?

Coach: That really was a failure on the coaching staff. We put him in long situations that forced us to become very predictable and with a team like the Packers you can't get one dimensional or they'll eat you alive and that is exactly what happened.

Q: In the second half the team really seemed out of sync. You had guys getting penalties left and right. The defense wasn't able to slow down their passing attack. Rhodes and Smith both had 1 on 1 situations with a chance to make play on the ball and failed which is uncharacteristic of them. Not able to get the run game going. Do you have anything to offer to the fans in hopes of not seeing such a bad performance like that again at home ?

Coach: We as a team are all very disappointed in our performance at all levels. We felt like we took a step back. However, we are not afraid to acknowledge our mistakes and committed to getting this team back on track. We've got alot of young players and we need to build up their consistency. Today we were just out played, by a great team and have been humbled. We realize we still got alot of work to do and we'll look at this as a learning opportunity. Games like this can make you or break you, and we're not ready to be broken. We'll suck it up, and come out better prepared for next week.