Vikings vs Chicago Week 8: Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
Q: Tell us in your words what went wrong out their today?

Coach: What can I say, it was atrocious execution and game play, mainly on offense. We failed to complete drives, our offense line was getting man handled. We never adjusted to their defense and we allowed way too much pressure to get to Bridgewater. He was sacked 4 times and our 3rd down conversion rate was like 45%. You can't score points if you can't convert 3rd downs.

Q: The Vikings are 1-6 this season, how do you plan on turning that record around and get some wins?

Coach. We're going to have to work hard on dealing with our issues on the offensive line. We have a fairly young line and they need to start being held accountable. I think if we can get some consistency in that area, we'll give the offense a better chance of making some points. I also think we need to do adjust our play calling to compensate for our weaknesses in that area. I do believe we're a better team than what our record shows, we just need to execute.

Q: Every game Bridgewater as averaged 2 interceptions a game and this game, even in a loss he had 0 interceptions. What do you attribute to this improvement?

Coach: We worked real hard this week in practice on reducing turnovers. he was very aware that was a major contributor to our loses each week, especially in close games. But he is only one player on the team, and it takes everyone to do their part, so we are going to need to get everybody on the same page.

Q: Defense came out strong first half , but appeared to be give up in the second half. Allowing Chicago's rushing attack to get through and a lot of miss tackles. What happened there ?

Coach: I think they got tired and unfortunately were not able to maintain their level of play. When your going 3 and out, and at the intensity they like to play, it gets harder the longer they are on the field. I don't think they were giving up. Chicago just became aware of them wearing down and took advantage of the situation.

Q: What is your assessment of Adrian Peterson's gameplay? It appeared to be a lacking.

Coach: I think he played as well as he could under the circumstances. Our run blocking was not very effective. Not many holes for him to find. Chicago did a good job of making sure he didn't get any big plays in. He still averaged 4 yards a carry, which is still decent.

Q: Next week you're going against the Rams, another team with a similar record. What is your plan on getting prepared and coming away with a win?

Coach: Well, don't want to give our game plan up, but focus this week is getting the offensive line ready, and work on a game plan that is more effective for them. We need a win, and doesn't matter against whom or what their record is. We go in and plan for playing against a hard team, who is just as hungry as we are for a win and should not be underestimated.