This is for the community

I'm just gonna speak up and say I am worried about madden 16 due to aggressive catch and etc... I just wanna make sure that I will get
into a league and be a part of this community cause I feel like you guys are lot like me you like to play Sim and I wouldn't have to worry
about stupid random ranked matches and people abusing the game and it would feel like nothing on Sunday.
I also agree with majesty95 big time when he said some of the games issues won't be a big deal if we're in a League cause there will be rules and regulations. It would just make me feel reassured when it comes to buying the game is all. At the end of the day the whole point of this post was to make sure I wouldn't get burned like I did in madden 14 and 15 I hated those games and the h2h games all people did was 4 or 5 money plays which we have all been there and the players took a game that was once great and just completely made it a joke so with that being said I basically quit madden for almost 2 years but now that I'm part of this community I feel like madden will never be looked at the same way ever again and for me personally that's great to hear and no more wasting 60 bucks or just hoping I have a great experience you know based on randoms which just wasn't freaking working at all...

Last edited:

pack1797

Staff member
I sent you a pm. I appreciate your concerns, and speaking up about them. I also appreciate the fact that you fell this league will help keep cheese tactics to a minimum.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
What do you mean you need clarification? Clarification on what?

I don't understand what you are talking about when you say you need to know what's going on in this community.....

Is it about rules? If you go and look at the rules for the M15 leagues it's blatantly obvious we go above and beyond to make sure everyone is playing proper sim.

We obviously can't make rules for 16 until we all have the game our hands and see if there is a day 1 patch to correct everything. That's why we aren't starting the league on release day.

I understand if you have questions, go ahead and ask them but I'm having a hard time deciphering what your intent is from that rant.

mycaddy

Starter
I will just say what was said in the live chat to help out...

It was pointed out that if Agg was the only reason that he would not buy the game then He should never buy Madden because those issues will always exist but in Sim leagues those things will be toned down drastically. although you may see an agg catch once or twice per game it will not be anything major...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think EA may have made agg catch easier online H2H than it is vs CPU and in league games. We have to test this, but that's the feeling I'm getting chatting on Twitter. There are also features that you can use to shut it down that we probably just haven't been able to practice yet with limited time with game. There is also a "spotlight" feature which apparently was in the game last year. :eek: I've easily played 100 games of 15 and did not know that. So practice and perfecting the new tools they give you will be key this year.

I do agree that it is extremely frustrating but you won't see those tactics in our leagues. And the better you get from practice, the less things like that will work in general. I'll take down my frustration post from last night as I feel better about it after many Twitter responses.

bpslm

Contributor
I think EA may have made agg catch easier online H2H than it is vs CPU and in league games.

This is because the cpu more often uses A(play the receiver) rather than play the ball, if the opponent goes for an aggressive catch, you have less of a chance of swatting/picking, so you have to knock it out(aka play the receiver)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is because the cpu more often uses A(play the receiver) rather than play the ball, if the opponent goes for an aggressive catch, you have less of a chance of swatting/picking, so you have to knock it out(aka play the receiver)

Not entirely true. For the most part yes, but it depends on your positioning too. I've held down play receiver and it was almost like they pulled themselves out of the play. But I think I actually had position inside so probably should have played ball in that scenario. And again, its all different online. Not vs CPU, but user vs user in CFM plays entirely different than H2H online. Coverage is much better and agg catch works far less often in CFM. At least on all pro. I think Draft Champions may be on Pro which is why some things work too well. They may have nerfed the sliders some too. But it is an entirely diff game from what I've experienced.

bpslm

Contributor
Not entirely true. For the most part yes, but it depends on your positioning too. I've held down play receiver and it was almost like they pulled themselves out of the play. But I think I actually had position inside so probably should have played ball in that scenario. And again, its all different online. Not vs CPU, but user vs user in CFM plays entirely different than H2H online. Coverage is much better and agg catch works far less often in CFM. At least on all pro. I think Draft Champions may be on Pro which is why some things work too well. They may have nerfed the sliders some too. But it is an entirely diff game from what I've experienced.

havent been able to play cfm head to head so i am speaking just from normal head to head standpoint and what Ive seen in cfm vs cpu and play now vs cpu.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
There's a learning curve for sure. And I'm sure we will all get better as we get better at timing the routes and using touch passes and throwing them high. Hopefully we can keep offsetting ti with sliders though.

I'm gonna take this post down and thanks again to the community and sorry for any confusing in this post I'll start reading my post before for I hit submit and make sure to be more clear. But over all I'm glad I got 16 I like it hell of a lot better then 14 and 15.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm gonna take this post down and thanks again to the community and sorry for any confusing in this post I'll start reading my post before for I hit submit and make sure to be more clear. But over all I'm glad I got 16 I like it hell of a lot better then 14 and 15.

No need to delete what you posted. We don't delete threads unless they are offensive. Its a discussion :)

I know it's all good I read the post again it was kinda confusing and I just felt like personally I didn't wanna be reminded of it is all...

visionz813

Starter
Since I am new I figured id weigh in here on this. With the new passing game mechanics users are basically rolling the dice both ways. If you choose wrong catch style you take a hit to the ratings for the other stats I believe. On defense if the defender plays the pass appropriately they have a decent shot of stepping in front of the pass or at least knocking the ball loose. Madden is always going to lean a little to the arcade side of gameplay and its up to SIM communities such as this to protect the integrity of the community in whatever ways are needed to maintain an atmosphere that meshes well with the goals and intended purpose of this community.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think it depends mostly on the mode. It hasn't been specifically mentioned but alluded to more than once that each game mode is tuned differently than the others. I think Draft Champions is just tuned to be more arcade like. CFM seems much more balanced and the devs seem committed to balancing it even more to find the right mix. We should be fine when we get a patch and tuning update.