The Players' Tribune

Jukemwr21

All-Star
logo-black.png

This is a thread to write the stories of your games through the eyes of your players. Have fun with this! I hope this takes off...imagine you are your players on the field. Tell a story from the first person point of view. Below is a link to the real Players Tribune for inspiration.
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/

majesty95 pack1797 Tigers20 Studley021 NightHawkTH32 Blackhawk375 georgiafan Glen Cieske Spayer419 Jbek Jandy Luis3250 Gubber227 rkjones217 CJTHA1 BigTexas18 Danperez Imperfect611 dspbuckle Xxclaywilliamxx Paytonno1son oBUCKNUTo

Last edited:

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Depth Chart Burial:
Kwon Alexander

Contributor
If Coach Murphy hadn't shown up, I may have never gotten the chance... That man gave me everything and a chance when others wouldn't. What would I do without football. Maybe I'd be in the grave next to my little brother. There are so many kids growing up these days who are underrated. I want to tell them that dreams do come true and that to keep their head up, but the reality is that nine times out of ten its the opposite.

ALEXANDERGUNS.jpg

I was almost buried in the depth at my position, we have really good players at MLB position. The year after my brother's death and my rookie year we lost our coach to a questionable firing. No lie a lot of these players on this team thought that a mutiny would straighten out upper management. In the end we waited to see what would happen, and am I happy that I did. Coach Murphy and now Coach Smith wiped the dirt that buried me under the old regime and gave me a shot to start. I'll never look back and this year is the best yet. We just finished a huge win over a highly talented Dolphins team, after a heart pounding win over the Rams. Things are starting to look up in Tampa Bay, and for me I was so lost after my little brother was shot, but you have to learn from those expieriences and keep them with you. This life isn't guaranteed and in the end its just football, but then again it isn't. For me it's life and death, They'll never bury me again....never

Last edited:

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Start Of My Career
Brett Hundley | Contributer
hundley1.jpg

Where to start on this season?? This is obviously one of the best years of my life. I'm starting in the NFL. This is my third season. I didn't play one regular season snap until week 6 of my 3rd NFL season. I know I was playing behind one of the best generals in the game, but my heart sank when Green Bay traded for Zach. That pretty much told me I was done here. I still had 2 years left on my contract too. My mind was eating at me. Thoughts racing. Is it over before it even begins? What would cause this to happen? Why didn't I even get a chance? Then I got the phone call. I'm going to Cleveland?? That would have been one of the last destinations on my mind. Manziel has been the face of the franchise for years now. I know he has had off the field issues, and trouble down the stretch, but we're the same age, and Bigtex has always been loyal to Manziel. Still, I knew I was a backup. They were probably bringing me on to send a message to Manziel to get his act together.

The next day, I got another call. Manziel has been traded to Washington. Woah. I haven't even left Green Bay, and now I'm starting for the Cleveland Browns. Since my first start was going to be at Lambeau, they told me not to tire myself out travelling. I had 4 days to prepare. They would meet me in 2. I was sent a conditioning and workout routine, videotaped via drone for the Browns organization. They also sent me the playbook. When I wasn't conditioning, I was studying this playbook. Friday, I would finally meet my new coaches and team. We did some light run throughs and drills, and I was handed my jersey. This was all still so surreal to me. In literally one week I went from contemplating retirement to starting in the NFL.

I'm not perfect by any means, but you know what, I'm having a lot of fun. The fanbase here in Cleveland is awesome. In my first start vs the Packers I threw for 247 yards and 4 touchdowns while completing 13 of my 20 passes. It was like a video game storyline. I'm not going to lie, I kinda felt a personal vendetta vs Green Bay, and it felt good. I have that gameball framed in my home, and will hold on to that memory forever. I still have a long way to go, but I'm 4-2 and have a chance at turning this team around and making the playoffs, something Johnny couldn't seem to do. Not bad for what I'm considering my rookie year. I'm glad this organization saw talent in me, and taking a chance on me. I won't let them down. I'm going to show everyone what the name HUNDLEY means.

Last edited:

Tigers20

All-Star
Julius Scott | Rookie Sensation

Quandre-Diggs-Horns-Illustrated-.jpg
I had no idea playing this game at this level would be so demanding, and so much fun!! I was picked by the Green Bay Packers at the #2 overall pick in the 2017 draft class. I have to admit, I was shocked. Although Green Bay seemed to be in need of a strong Cornerback with Sam Shields' departure to Tennessee, the organization campaigned to beef up their secondary defense through free agency and the draft. I was honored to be their first selection!

In the first few weeks of the season, I decided to really focus and learn from the vets. I had much to learn and still more to do!! Everything is so much faster compared to my college career at this level. Then I received a call from Easy E
telling me he had noticed my effort on the practice field and to prepare myself to take on more responsibility and play a bigger role. The very next week I was starting at the #1 Cornerback position while, Casey Hayward moved to the #2 Corner. I was so nervous as I knew that would mean I am now to cover some of the best receivers in this league.

There has definitely been a laser focus from my training staff and coaches to improve my overall skill sets. This season has flown by so far, and I feel I have made major adjustments in order to improve. I will keep working hard and, hopefully soon, be considered one of the very best this league has to offer at cornerback!! Easy E and coach Single have really made me feel I belong here. I will not let them down! It might be too late this year but, next season will be here soon and I plan on helping this team to be a real contender in the NFC North!!

I'm very thankful to be playing in the NFL. I have dreamed of this opportunity my whole life! I plan on ceasing the opportunity provided, and capitalize on the experience this world class organization has provided! To close: I want to personally thank everyone for taking the time to read my story and, most of all, thank you Green Bay for making my dream come true!

Spayer419

Starter
Dear Raider Nation
Derek Carr
Contributor
0282204001435762347_filepicker.jpg

Dear Raider Nation,

Thank you for sticking with me through the ups and the downs. This season is for you.

When I was drafted by the Raiders, it was a dream come true. Throughout the draft process I heard all of the critiques. All of the comparisons to my brother - who was never given a fair shot - and the thought always occurred to me that I might never be given a fair shot either. You all have been fair to me, through thick and thin.

Being a starting quarterback as a rookie in the NFL is hard. Trying to build a winning culture with an organization that has been down for so long is even harder. But that's what we set out to do from day one.

There were highs along the way, but the lows will stick with me forever. Losing the final two games an missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker in 2015. Missing almost all of last season with an injury, and then falling a game short of the playoffs once again on a Hail Mary in San Diego. I heard the critiques again last spring. Pundits arguing that the organization should draft a QB in the first or second round to replace me before my contract expires. The negative outlook on the draft by so-called "experts" when our front office decided not to do that.

When I was offered a contract extension this fall, I didn't think twice. Just like you ride with me, I ride with you.

I also ride with the front office, who have surrounded me with the best arsenal of weapons in the league. It's such a luxury to be flanked by Cooper and E-Pat with Cruz in the slot. Hatch is the best tight end in the league. We think Lu Haynes can be the best running back in the league. And it doesn't hurt to have the Sack Brothers on defense when things don't click offensively.

We knew coming into this season that this team could be special. The talent is one thing, but you can't imagine the hunger we possess in the locker room after missing the playoffs in such a heartbreaking fashion each of the last two years. Am I honored to be mentioned as an MVP candidate? Of course. I'm sure that Aldon, Evonte, Lu and the rest of the guys feel similar about the praise they've received for individual award. But this season has been about one thing. Bringing playoff football to Raider Nation.

As we embark upon our final home game in our first season in Los Angeles, it's only fitting that it comes against San Diego. We ask you to be loud and treat this like a playoff game - but the request is redundant. You've always been that way.

Just know that we'll return the favor when the real playoffs come, under the bright lights in Hollywood. This seasons for you.

Last edited:

Jbek

Contributor
Big Man in the Desert
Matt Smith on his Journey from 'Bama to 'Zona

7285006.jpg

When I was a Highschool senior at Billingsley HS in Autauga County, Alabama, I had only recieved two athletic scholarships. The first one I received was a basketball scholarship from Kennesaw State, and that was to play power forward for one of the worst division one teams in the nation. At that time, I was 6'5 220 lbs, and although I excelled that season on the court, my real passion was to play football. And, half way through the season, the only football scholarship I had offered to me was from Alabama A&M. A few days before I was going to accept the offer, which was about a week before our teams first playoff game, I received a call at 10 p.m. on a tuesday from none other than Coach Nick Saban.

My whole life I grew up a 'Bama fan, and my family have been season-ticket holders since the 60's. I grew up with the Crimson Tide on my mind all year long. When I heard from Coach Saban, I was literally speechless. We talked for a good while, about my families history, about my aspirations to play football at the collegiate level, and how I was close to heading to A&M. That's when coach asked me if I wanted to come onto the squad as a preferred walk-on. He said he really liked my size and academic ability, and was really surprised that no FBS teams had talked to me. I immediately accepted. He wished me luck and said that he would talk to me as soon as my season was over.

When my freshman season began, The coaches were unsure of where to put me. I didn't have the size to be a Tightend, and wasn't fast enough to be a wideout. Those first few weeks of training camp were rough, and I was uncertain about whether or not I would last. When I finally got around to talking to Coach Saban about it, he made the decision to put me with the TE group. He gave me some words of encouragement and said in a year or two I would be given a spot on the special teams unit. This gave me new hope, and from that day on, I was the teams gym rat. I became obsessed with getting bigger, faster, stronger, smarter. I read about different players that defeated impossible odds and won awards after starting as walk ons. Penn States Carl Nassib, Wisconsins J.J. Watt. I knew it was possible and that hard work was the only way to get there.

Fast forward to my junior year. I shot up to 6'6, 255 lbs., and was an absolute beast. Everyone gave me respect, and my reputation as the gym rat evolved into me being the upperclassman iron man who many teammates came to for training and diet advice. This didn't go unnoticed by Coach Saban, and when that Spring Game depth chart hit, I was right there as the 5th Tight end. With my momentum growing, my confidence growing, I felt like there was no where to go from there but up.

three games into that season, our two starting Tight ends were injured. that left me as the third stringer, and also the most veteran Tight end remaining. As unfortunate as it was to see my teammates injured, I was starry eyed at the opportunity to finally get on the field at my position. My first game, I played seven or eight snaps, and caught one pass which was a first down on a 3rd and 5 in the redzone. That was the last snap I played the rest of the game, and we went on to win by a touchdown. The rest of the season, I was in for mostly run plays, and by seasons end I had 9 catches for 81 yards on 9 targets. At the end of the season, Coach Saban awarded me with a full scholarship. That was one of the happiest days for me and my family.

Senior year was when things got interested.

With two Tightends graduating, and another guy transferring, I was now battling with one guy who was a year younger than me, and a couple of redshirt freshman. Since I had kept up my crazy gym routine, and was now faster than ever, I won the first string spot. The quarterback was my roommate, I had a great relationship with my coaches, and this being my fifth year in the program, I knew the 'Bama offense inside and out. Game after game we were winning decisively. We were scoring at will, and I'll tell you what, everybody was having a hard time defending me. I could cut so crisp on my routes that linebackers would fall over, and could box out defensive backs as if they were still in high school. They called me Crimson Gronk , and I didn't mind at all.We went on to win the national championship, beating Ohio State, and I was the first guy to lift the crystal ball. Magic is a real thing, my brothers and sisters. Just work hard and believe in yourself, and the rest will follow. I caught 12 touchdowns that year and was the teams 2nd leading reciever. When I graduated, I knew my journey wasn't over. The only thing on my mind was the NFL combine, and becoming an even greater athlete in this beautiful game of football.

To be continued.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Any Love For An Aging Vet?
Donte Whitner | Contributer

donte-whitner-nfl-oakland-raiders-cleveland-browns-850x560.jpg

My Name is Donte Whitner. People still call me Donte Hitner. That's what I do. I have been one of the most fierce tackling safeties in this league. 3 time Pro Bowl selections. Three different NFL organizations. #8 overall pick in 2006. I finally had the chance to come to Cleveland. My Home. I was born in Cleveland. I went to school here in Ohio. This is what I love. I've never been much of the coverage safety. I'm the head hunter. I lock onto targets and take them out. That's what has made me the household name I am today. But, I feel all that may be coming to an end...

I'm aging. About to turn 33. I'm a vet to say the least. I feel like I have a lot of football left, but does Cleveland? This is my contract year, and I still have yet to receive an extension. I went out week 6 with a broken collarbone against the Packers. The game I was injured in was a stellar game for me too. I had 7 tackles and an INT. I intercepted the ball in the endzone to all but secure the win against the Packers. Now I feel I've taken my last snap as a Brown. The injury obviously didn't help. In 2015 we traded one of our young CB's to the Vikings for a young SS. Antone Exum Jr. Was I threatened? No. I knew it was my job. He was subbed in on certain packages where his skill sets were better needed. The kid is a stellar player. He is everything I'm not. He is a coverage safety to the core. He's young. I feel like I may be the old dog that is cast out. In my 8 week absence, he has recorded 48 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FR, and 4 INT. He has stepped up and I applaud the kid for making the best of this opportunity, but now, I do feel threatened. He received a 4 year extension this year. So far, I have heard nothing about an extension for me.
11050632_10153760082984181_2865792788462074480_o.jpg

I come back from my injury next week against the Ravens. The team is still pushing for a playoff spot. I somehow feel I am not a part of that. I haven't even been reassured I'll have my starting spot yet back in the lineup? Will I start? Will we split time? Am I done? At least they didn't put me on IR. That still holds some hope for me. It kills me to know I'm not the face of the franchise anymore. If the Browns do not resign me, who knows what I will do. Maybe I'll retire. Maybe I'll test FA and hope the Bengals offer me a contract. I want to stay in Ohio if not Cleveland. I want to keep playing football. Whatever the outcome. I just want to say thank you Cleveland. Thank you Browns fans. I have loved this opportunity. I just wonder, is there any love for an aging vet?

Imperfect611

Starter
O Captain! My Captain!
Thomas on the Broncos Struggles this Year and the Future

2d4e91ca9ea2849445e8da53b822b2d0_crop_north.jpg

This weeks loss made it 6 in a row and we really deserved to win this game, but this is the NFL and nothing is given to you here. The problems have been here all season and this is the first game we really functioned as a team. We had the talent on this roster to make a long playoff run, but after Eric went down we were left demoralized. The defense has been able to come out every week and play, but there has been no spark on offense. It isn't Colt or Tebow's fault either, it is everyone's ... especially mine. No more excuses. I should've stepped up and been a leader for this team when we lost Eric. I thought it was enough to come in every week and do my job, but I was wrong.

I vow to the city of Denver to become the player and leader that this team deserves. If last week's game taught us anything it is that we can stand up and fight anyone who comes to our city and there is no reason we can't smack around some of these great teams. The Raiders look like the best team in the league and this week wasn't a fluke. We pushed them as hard as any team this year and we can't stop there. We can't dwell on the past and we can't stop at good enough. We will improve. I have spoken with the team and we have all agreed that 7-9 sounds pretty good for now.

The Dolphins should be scared to come to Mile High, the Cheifs should be scared to walk into our city, and the Chargers should be closing their airports before we can land. We may be out of the playoff race, but everyone loves playing spoiler. We want to walk out of this stadium week 17 with pride. The city of Denver deserves better. I will be better ... we will be better.

rkjones217

Starter
Rookie Rollercoaster
Through the Eyes of Collin Scott

178357714.jpg

Coming from Miami where I had success as the starting Qb, I knew where I wanted to be eventually here in the NFL although I knew it wouldn't be easy. I didn't care where I went I just wanted a chance. I was projected to be at least the third Qb taken in the draft even though of course all QB's feel they are the best. I was told my lack of mobility in the pocket could hurt me and not to many teams where looking at Qb. Meaning I could go in the first but don't be surprised if I drop to late second round.

Draft day I got the word that Tony Romo had retired and Dallas was considering going Qb with the first pick but no one knew if they wanted a change at that position and if a more exciting mobile Qb we what they wanted. After all they had a stand in the pocket guy who was amazing but didn't get the ring. I was ready for whatever but being selected by Dallas was a dream of mine but I knew they signed Fitzpatrick and Kellen Moore had one of his best seasons and was the reason Dallas went to the playoffs and was the projected starter next season. I knew it was a up hill battle but people were certainly talking. I've been compared to big Ben, Andrew Luck, and other big backs with strong arms which has been an honor and may have helped push management to see what I can do with an opportunity.

I didn't start the first preseason but did get in second quarter only to dislocated my shoulder which sidelined me for 4 weeks after throwing one pass for 7 yards. How ironic. I missed the entire preseason and the first game of the season. K. Moore started went 12 for 18 200+ yrds 2tds and we won. I knew that was it for me. Management was happy with K. Moore but wanted to see me in action to my surprise.

I have started every game since and we lead our division and I'm second in passing of rookie QB's. I'll admit I'm learning on the go but I feel I've made strides each game at getting better as a leader and an NFL Qb. K. Moore has been great with helping me through this and I appreciate everything he does for me and this team. Stepping in the shoes of Romo has not been easy but I welcome the challenge. There's a lot of football left and I think we are getting better each game and I think we have made adjustments to give us a strong push to win this division. This has certainly been a wild ride but I'll definitely be in
line to get on again year after year.

Last edited:

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Letter to My Younger Self:
Jameis Winston
temp150913_MC_Titans_Bucs_0018--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Dear Jameis,

When ever anyone asks you to define yourself as a man, remember this one word:FUN. You need to keep this word in mind in everything you do because when you get to the college football level a lot of people are going to try to get you to be too serious. Keep having fun with football, and ultimately don't get mixed up with the wrong people. Everyone is going to want a piece of Jameis Winston; They think that because they're associated with you that you owe them something. Have FUN with them just don't let them take advantage of you. When you feel the need to stand and shout profanities because someone dared you too...Don't. There are other ways to have fun. Football is your passion so keep yourself centered around that, you will find success in your god-given talents.

Listen to every word Coach Bowden says to you, he definitely has your best interests at heart. The guy loves you, and if need be will stand by you when you need it the most. We can't play this game forever, some are told at 18 some are told at 40, but we're all told. So listen to all your coaches play the game you love and have F U N!

See you when I see you,

Jameis Winston

Blackhawk375

Starter
Blake Bortles: Going blind?

This note was posted in the Jags locker room recently:

Apparently someone has been playing tricks on me and switching out the eye drops in my locker with sulfuric acid. It's like I've gone blind when I get into the games lately. Everything is blurry and the defense starts to look like my own WR's. It burns real bad! Please stop the shenanigans immediately before I go blind permanently!!!

Thanks guys! Blake

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Darrell Jordan - Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth

My name is Darrell Jordan I am a 5'10 233 pound physical freak of a HB. People say in this game of madden you can't be successful at a skill position if you don't have great speed. Well I do not have elite straight line speed I ran a 4.63 40 yard dash which was 19th amongst HB's when I was drafted. But I was the only player that year to get a combine score of 8.0 yet I still dropped in the draft because people was hung up on speed.

I have more agility (95) then Melvin Gordan, more stamina (95) then Carlos Hyde, more acceleration (93) then Jamal Charles, more trucking (93) then Levean Bell, more strength (83) then Eddie Lacy, more Ball carrying vision (94) then CJ Anderson and more Elusiveness (88) then Todd Gurley. If I need to run around you I can do that. If I need to run over you then I can do that. But just between you and me I prefer to run over people.

I was projected as the 8th best player in the draft and suppose to go in the top 10. Well i fell all the way to the titans pick at #21. Despite all of this at the time the pick was not very well received because Bishop Sankey was coming off a 1,300 yard season and leading the titans to the playoffs that year. Nobody believed HB's should go in the first round in modern football despite the success of Gurely and Gordan the year before. I had a good rookie year with 1,176 yards, 4.3 Avg and 14 TD's. But I was disappointed with myself because I knew that I could play better then that.

This offseason we completed our OL when we brought in Corey Linsley in a trade for the #2 overall pick which went on to be Julius Scott. So I spent every day this offseason training and using all those teams that passed on me as motivation. All of the experts say that old school football will not work anymore you can't win with the Iformation as your base set. They say the FB position is dead. That if you want to win you have to pass the ball.

Well we just wrapped up our season and went from 3-13 last year to 12-4 this year and will get a 1st round bye. I finished the year leading the NFL in rushing yards with 1,732 and 19 TD's and improved yards per carry up to 5.3. Before you go on thinking I am stat hog I happily split carries with my boy Kadeem Dixon who had 732 rushing yards and 8 TD's.

There is no way I would have the kind of success that I did this year without my OL and I am truley blessed to run behind the best OL in the NFL. The "worst" OL on our team is rated a 90 and all others are over 94. The bad news for defense's is that all of them will be back next year and the oldest one is 28 years old.

IMG_3578.PNG

Spayer419

Starter
It's Only Fitting
Joe Haden
Contributor

CYenbWXW8AEa7hO.png:large

My whole career has been building toward this moment. It's only fitting that it comes against the organization that made me who I am today.

Even when I was at Florida, winning National Championships with the best coach in America in Urban Meyer, my sights were set on the NFL. It was all pretty straightforward in my mind. I would be a top pick, help rebuild a franchise and spend my winters playing playoff football on the biggest stage.

I was right about being a top pick. I was right about going to a rebuilding franchise. I was wrong about how easy reaching playoff football would be.

The city of Cleveland embraced me when I was selected by the Browns with the 7th pick in 2010 and I embraced the city back. I knew the struggles that the entire city had gone to - keep in mind that I was drafted right when LeBron left Cleveland - and understood the tortured past of the Browns.

I also knew deep down that the organization that drafted me was a dysfunctional one, to say the least. But I did everything I could to help turn the ship around. We had our moments, but not enough. I'd be lying to say the frustration didn't get to me.

As I neared my 30th birthday, feeling my prime coming to an end, I requested to be traded to a contending team. I knew that the Browns were more than one piece away from truly contending for a Super Bowl, and I hoped that by letting me go they would get enough in return to take a step forward. But the request was mostly a selfish move. I had won at every level in my football career except for the NFL, and I wasn't going to look back on my professional career with regrets.

I regret that things didn't turn out differently while I was with the Browns, but I don't regret asking to leave. And I thank management for understanding, and for finding me a perfect home in Los Angeles.

It definitely made me happy to see that the trade has been mutually beneficial. The Browns of course rallied to make the playoffs, T.J. Carrie was a key contributor, and they have an extra #1 pick this year. But that doesn't change my hunger to win a Super Bowl, and I plan on unleashing hell against my former team this weekend.

The city of Cleveland legitimately has the best fans in sports. But no one embraces a winner quite like Los Angeles, and it's been overwhelming to feel the energy in our Hollywood Home this season. I can't wait to feel the crowd as we take the field on Sunday. I can't wait to see my former team across the line of scrimmage.

This team is on a mission. This city is behind us. It's time to get the job done.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
RED Rivalry:That Florida-Georgia Line
Jameis Winston on the Falcons,Bucs Rivalry
07BUCSweb-master675.jpg

I stepped out on to the field for warm ups for our wildcard matchup. I was thinking about all the young QBs just like me that are coming up in this league. I was thinking about how I wanted to crush every one of them. Mariota, Jeter, Newton, Hunter, and Tyrod. I looked at the tunnel that my opponents would come out of at RJS, and I'd heard their new rookie was going to start this playoff game. We'd watched his tape and it was impressive, especially the last 2 games headed into this one. They had benched Matty Ice, after we beat them in week 4. So, this was the kid that would lead them into the future. In my eyes he was no different than any of the other 5 I just mentioned. Crush them, that was the only thing on my mind. The game was defensive and we had been winning the entire game. I'm just now at a point where I can talk about it, the ending play I mean. It was so surreal and I honestly thought we'd be moving on. Our offense had been dominant all year, but as we came off the field for that last 3 and out; I didn't think it would be the last time we would step on a playing field in 2017. As they drove down the field I was sitting with our OC and planning what we were going to do on the next fdrive should we have one. I heard the crowd gasp as they hit a big play to get inside the 20. The 9 to be exact. I couldn't believe there was only 9 seconds on the clock. I got up and made my way through my teamates to stand right next to Coach Smith. We'd been through so much together this season, and Iw anted to be there win or lose, right next to my coach a man who as an Offensive Coordinator had taught me so much, and had made our offense what it was. 3rd down and goal was glowing on the scoreboard. Brewster was on the field and determining my fate I couldn't believe it. I almost couldn't watch. The ball snaps, and Brewster drops back. Coleman braks to the right, and cuts just as he gets to the RT's outside shoulder. He's running a half diamond route. I'm watching all this on the Jumbotron, and as Brewster fires it towards Coleman, who looks to be wide open. I'm thinking oh-no not this way, not untouched. Out of nowhere Kwon comes out of no where and as the ball sinks into colemans chest; Kwon swings his left arm and punches it out. 3 seconds left. I'm now shaking and have my hand on coach's shoulder. Brewster snaps the ball and is looking, and looking, and looking. His protection is solid and we can't get to him. I'm begging for a sack. It doesn't happen and he lofts one over near Malcom (Butler) and Tashaun (Gipson). They get there the same time the reciever does, and as the reciever brings it in, they try to pry it loose. No such luck. For me everything dissapeared and I felt more alone in a game than I ever had. Brewster had done it, he had beaten us and set off this rivalry. He may not know it yet, but to me Cam doesn't matter. Whoever the QB is in NOLA doesn't matter. This is real and I'm coming for him. I don't ever want to feel this way again.
Ever.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
When Kryptonite Strikes
By: E.J. Manuel
Contributor

manuel-3_27_13-4_3.jpg

I was once a first round draft pick for the Buffalo Bills, and then Tyrod came in and beat me out for the starting gig. It's a business and I get that, so I brought my talents to Charlotte to learn from one of the best in the game. Super Cam is a friend and a mentor, and last week I watched my friend break his wrist in a hard fought win against our rival, the Atlanta Falcons. I didn't even have time to warm up. We were up 12 so all I had to do was manage the game and we came out with a win.

This next start is going to be tough, possibly the biggest game of my career. Can I keep my team afloat? No doubt. All but one of the "experts" are picking the Jaguars. Their mistake. I was brought in here to save this team, should the unthinkable happen. Well guess what? It happened, and here I come. Cam I got this until you get healthy, rest up bro. Watching film, preparing my body, and our lord and savior have gotten me to this point. I'm not about to go quietly. My teammates have been more than supportive and we have all the tools I could ever need to get this job done.

#KeepPounding

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
These are great! Hadn't really read them before. Would have liked to hear more fronEJ though lol. This should be a more regular feature. I love it!