majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We are getting about 100-200 views per day on our sign up thread. Yet, the conversion rate to those that actually fill out an application is less than 1%. Perhaps a majority of those that are looking for a league are more casual gamers. However, I wanted to ask you guys what you thought. What do you think of the thread? Obviously, it made some of you sign up. But is there something missing? Is there a part of the process that turns people off? Or are we just a smaller niche with our level of sim gameplay and that return is to be expected? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

http://px1sports.com/threads/official-madden-17-league-signups-ps4.1565/

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, georgiafan, pack1797, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, woodsmall12, kutsch47, Duv49ers

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
That's a Intresting question I think people fill out the application before really taking time to read the rules and see if the league is really for them. Once a new person signs up the most important thing they need to know is the rules and if it's a mutual fit. Things like Internet speed and twitch name don't really matter until your part of the league. I also thing people don't realize how big of a change it is to play sim in m16 with all the flaws hopefully this will be fixed for 17.

In general for this time of year people just aren't in a football mindset they are worried about things like vacation, warm weather, other video games, other sports etc. Maybe with madden 17 a few months out people just aren't excited about playing a game that's been out for 11 months? The good news is preseason games will start in about a month and that will get people more in the football mindset.

Just my random 2 cents worth of thoughts

StormsWarning

Contributor
well for me, when i first found out about our site, i was listening to a podcast show from the Sim Standard Radio Show, i'm always in a mind set of sports in general, but i have been trying to learn the x's and o's more so than anything with the ability that 17 is permitting us to do. rules wise i still find my self checking them over and over, because there's always something you'll miss, especially when they are written so in depth, some will read them some will not, but that will show once the league kicks off, i visit the forum every day God grants me to see, and it seems slow and quiet at times, that doesn't mean no one is paying attention. i agree with Georgia since football really kicks in and everyone gets back to there normal ways of life, things should kick off. im excited for the game, but even i must admit the game looks very overwhelming and will take me at least sometime to adjust and learn playbooks, learn player ratings etc, but it should be fun in learning as well, so i'm looking forward to it,