Season 2: Vikings vs Titans Week 10 - Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
http://daddyleagues.com/PX1XB1/blog...er-day,-but-Bridgewater-sinks-the-ship-anyway

Q: Fans were disappointed to see a game, at home in which the expectations were high. Your team seemed overwhelmed at times. Give us your take on the game?

Coach: Very disappointed in our performance. We played poorly in all areas. Our offensive line was being dominated, we were very one dimensional for the majority of the game and not much positive stuff I can say about that game from our side. All areas of this team need to be held accountable and this week we will be doing that in practice.

Q: Bridgewater, you threw 3 picks in this game after going 4 games in which with only 1 interception. That pick in the endzone was a game changer. What was going on out there?

Bridgewater: I made some bad decisions, I tried to makes some plays work that were not there. They did a good job of coverage and not giving me much time to find those open guys. I let the fans down and my team. I have to do better, period.

Q: You've lost 3 in a row and now have another big game against the Lions in which you guys did not fair too well. How do you plan to get this team back on the winning side of the tracks?

Coach: We are going to have to clean the slate and get back to basics and forget what happened in the past. This losing has gotten in the players head and we need to clear that. We've had some tough competition but if we plan on being a contender we have to step our game up.

Q: What's going on with the running game? Another week in which we saw very little positive movement on the ground. Peterson was not starting and basically a non-factor. The fans are doubting that the coaches have a clue on what they are doing.

Coach: We've struggled with the running game that’s no secret, and we or working to rectify that. Expect a lot more out of Peterson next week. We plan on working our game plan a little differently, to allow him do what he does best.

Q: Peterson, were wondering if there are some issues with you and the coaching staff, that have caused you to be less involved in the running game?

Peterson: No, I trust the coaches, they wanted to try a different approach. Had things gone as planned, I would have had more opportunities to make big plays, even when I did not start. However, did not work out that way. But new day, new game plan, expect big things from this team. I'm definitely ready to be a bigger contributor. I'm not out the game yet and have a lot of big plays still in me.

Q: Kearse had a career day, first game over 100 yards for the Vikings, ended the day with 7 receptions for 162. However, it seemed as if he was the only one the balls were directed towards. Why were the other receivers not as involved.

Bridgewater: Titans were doing well in the secondary. A lot of times it was just a matter of when I needed to get rid of the ball, he just happened to be in a position to make a play, so I threw it to him. Could have been any of the receivers I just played with what I had available to me.

Coach: We don't like being that one dimensional, hard to win a game when in that situation. Like I said give some credit to their defense, Titans didn't get to 8-1 by leaving all the receivers open, they forced us into that position. Kearse ended up just having the most favorable matchup for that game and credit to him for making some great plays. Just wish we could have complimented his performance elsewhere on the field.

Q: Defense , they did give up that big 77 yard play from Delanie Walker, but saved it from being a touchdown and only giving up a field goal with holding up on the goal line. Two sacks for the day. They did not get any interceptions, though they had 2 that should of been, had they been able to hold on to the ball. How did you see the defense's performance this week?

Coach: I think they did ok in some areas, I think we could have helped them out more by keeping them off the field. Seconds half we tried to slow it down so it wouldn't get too out of hand. We still need to work on our 3rd down defense. But under the circumstances that were handed to them, I think they did ok. Griffen got back into the game as his normal self. Our rookie line backer Morgan put up some great numbers, 13 tackles with 2 of them for a loss. Great to see him coming along. Just today those efforts were not enough to pull this one out.

Q: Well it seems you have your work cut out for you. You are definitely in a must win situation. Lions are leading the your division with a lot of weapons to contend with. Good Luck next week.

Last edited: