Season 2: Vikings vs Colts Week 12 - Post Game Press Conference

moniqx4

Starter
http://daddyleagues.com/PX1XB1/blog/Vikings/10080/The-Colts-extend-the-Vikings-losing-streak

Q: Five Losses in a row. How do you get this team on track?

Coach: Still scratching my head on that one. We'll go in review the game, try and figure out what went wrong and work to fix it.

Q: This last stretch of losses, pretty much killed any chances of making playoff, unless something crazy happens in the division, which looks pretty set right now. What are your thoughts on that?

Coach: Definitely not what we were expecting this year. I'm sure I can speak for the whole team, we are all disappointed in how this season ended up after the start we had. We'll be looking to see what changes we have to make, hopefully salvage what we have left to something better than last year. Then we'll look forward and see what changes are necessary for next season.

Q: The defense seemed out of sorts. Rhodes gets burned for a TD, so out of character for him. One sack all game, no takeaways. Luck completes 88 percent of his passes today. You've played much better teams and did much better than you did today against a team, which now has the same losing record as the Vikings do. How did this happen?

Coach: I honestly wish I knew. I know the defense is better than that. We've hit a very rough patch and it's going to take some work to get back to a respectable position. It's been rather disappointing the second half of the season, and I was expecting us to get better as the year went on, not worse. We haven't suffered any major injuries as of late, so really no excuse for this.

Q: In the passing game Bridgewater, no interceptions, but gave up 2 sacks, and 40% completion rate on 3rd conversions? Had to go for it on 4th a few times and ended up 1 for 3 tries. Seeing guys drop wide open passes in these situations. Fared better on the ground with both your touchdowns coming by way of run plays. Why not focus more on the run, instead of the pass, it was apparent their run defense was not doing too well ?

Coach: We wanted to run more, but when you get in those 3rd and long situations you almost must pass, especially since we were trailing the entire game. They did a good job of extending drives and taking time off the clock, not much else to say about that.

Q: Any thoughts or preparing for next week? What do you plan on working on and doing differently?

Coach: We're going to have to find a way to work with our weaknesses on the offense line. We saw way too many hurried plays in which Bridgewater could barely get into his 3 step drop and he already has guys on him. I do commend him for not turning over the ball in those situations. However, if we expect to do better on 3rd downs, going to need to protect him better and find ways to extend plays, either some changes there or work on moving Bridgewater around int he pocket. Whatever we have to do to get more completions. Defensively, we need to step it up. We've not being doing a very good job there and we'll be working to get back on track to what everyone is more accustomed to seeing.