Redskins Give Keys To Rookie Quarterback

morsdraconis

Contributor
redskins_team_header.png

Redskins Give Keys To Rookie Quarterback
By Rich Tandler | August 14th, 2016

Coming off a rough loss to Atlanta, coach O'Connor announced today that rookie quarterback Nate Sudfeld will be given the keys to the team for the final three games of the preseason.

O'Connor had this to say during the announcement earlier today:

We had already decided to sit some of our more important players on offense and defense and then I sat down with Colt (McCoy) and we've already confirmed that he's going to be our second string QB so we decided to give Nate a chance to show his stuff to us and the rest of the league.

Nate played well against the Falcon's defense, putting up 176 yards and a TD in 2 quarters of play and hopes to continue to make strides this week:

It's a great opportunity for not only myself, but for other guys looking to make a roster spot here. I just gotta prepare as much as I can and work as I hard as I can. Being given the reps some of us rookies and younger guys are getting in practice is big. Gives us a great chance to really show our stuff. I'm blessed to be given a chance like this, for three games. I just gotta make the most of the chance.

Redskins play host to the New York Jets on Friday, August 19th, at 7:30pm EST.