Raiders - Redskins Trade

Spayer419

Starter
Sorry for just getting to this, gents.

Raiders current cap space: $6.7M
Redskins current cap space: $20M

Also - are you guys not cool with a 3rd round pick from WAS in this trade? From my standpoint - yes, you can absolutely get an 80 ovr lineman in the 3rd round. But you can also get a much worse OL in the 3rd round. It's a crap shoot. I used my first round pick on a LT that had great stats and measurables, and he came in as a 78 but with slow progression. In retrospect I wish I would have gone for the sure thing and paid Beachum in free agency.

This trade gives WAS a position of need for minimal cap hit, and allows him to focus his scouting efforts on other needs moving forward. Based on previous trades in this league, I feel like it's pretty darn even.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Spayer419 We understand you are trying to sell this deal because you like it. The job of the trade committee is to ensure the trades are reasonably even and guys who may not understand value as much as others don't make bad moves bc they don't understand those things.

The previous trades are irrelevant. This is a new committee with the intent to try to ensure both teams are getting reasonable value. The reason for that is that A. An owner may make a bad deal and hurt his team and eventually quit bc it doesn't work out the way they thought it did. That's happened. B. An owner unknowingly loads up another team bc of bad trade logic which offsets the competitive balance bc an uneducated owner made a trade that never should have been made. That's happened also.

Everything in this league is about realism and balance. However, we are not billions of dollars invested in our teams and guys can easily quit if they make bad moves that do not work out. That hurts the league. So it's in the best interest of all involved to ensure trades are fair for both parties. That is certainly subjective, but the goal is to walk away with everyone saying ok, that was a reasonable deal for both sides. The role of the committee is to ensure that happens. And the decision of the committee is final. If they collectively don't like it, you either have to make the changes they suggested or scrap it and move on.

Spayer419

Starter
Spayer419 We understand you are trying to sell this deal because you like it. The job of the trade committee is to ensure the trades are reasonably even and guys who may not understand value as much as others don't make bad moves bc they don't understand those things.

The previous trades are irrelevant. This is a new committee with the intent to try to ensure both teams are getting reasonable value. The reason for that is that A. An owner may make a bad deal and hurt his team and eventually quit bc it doesn't work out the way they thought it did. That's happened. B. An owner unknowingly loads up another team bc of bad trade logic which offsets the competitive balance bc an uneducated owner made a trade that never should have been made. That's happened also.

Everything in this league is about realism and balance. However, we are not billions of dollars invested in our teams and guys can easily quit if they make bad moves that do not work out. That hurts the league. So it's in the best interest of all involved to ensure trades are fair for both parties. That is certainly subjective, but the goal is to walk away with everyone saying ok, that was a reasonable deal for both sides. The role of the committee is to ensure that happens. And the decision of the committee is final. If they collectively don't like it, you either have to make the changes they suggested or scrap it and move on.

That's fair, I just was't sure if this has been completely shut down for a 3rd yet

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I know I'm not a part if the trade committee but I think it needs to be accounted for the fact that the 3rd round pick is going to be a late rounder, the 4th round would also be a later pick.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I have always followed the rule of giving 20% bonus. Also, I will approve this trade for a 4th rounder. I agree with paw that his development and age screams that he wont progress much more without an insane amount of xp.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We will look at adding a rule for bonuses too. Not your fault Spayer419 But we have to simulate real life as much as possible otherwise its much too easy to sign and trade guys like this. Should be a cap penalty involved which makes trading guys in the first year of their deal unlikely.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I saw and I accepted it but it didn't do it. I still have my pick

It's because sprayer played and you haven't. It may show up after you play or you might have to submit again. Trades will only go through when either both trams have played or neither have.