Raiders - Redskins Trade

pack1797

Staff member
I assume raiders are clearing up salary, and Redskins are looking for o line help here? It seems pretty straight forward. I approve.

Spayer419

Starter
I assume raiders are clearing up salary, and Redskins are looking for o line help here? It seems pretty straight forward. I approve.

Yes. I also draft a RG in the 3rd round this year that has better blocking stats and is Superstar development, so he needs to play right away

B

BlackPaw

Was he just resigned or signed during free agency? 3 is prob too high for him IMO. Given the recent trends, I would say a 4 meets his skill level.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Actually we need more info too. Check the trade rules.

Maybe post a link to the players DL page too so we can see his attributes. He might be worth a 3 but that would probably help.

pack1797

Staff member
So did you just sign him in free agency, or did you resign him, because he's in the first year of his deal?

Spayer419

Starter
So did you just sign him in free agency, or did you resign him, because he's in the first year of his deal?

I believe I extended him during the regular season lat year, and he started all 16 in 2015. Little did I know that I would come across a gem in the third round to step in as a Rookie starter.

This is simply me trying to sell a solid player when his value is prime. 4 years of a solid RG in his prime is a pretty good get for the Redskins

pack1797

Staff member
Honestly, it's just odd to see a player of that level with no guaranteed money on his contract.

B

BlackPaw

So to recap... You recently resigned him, 4 years, no bonus... Looking to trade him for a 3rd... You drafted a younger,better lineman in the third.

Based on the information above and after all other requirements have been met, I would approve a 4th round pick. My reasoning is as follows; he's 28 and has a normal development rate. He has prob peaked at this point. It would take a substantial amount of game prep to see a big increase. Given his age, that's not something that would be beneficial; in terms of team development. Also, the level of talent that is available in the third round is greater than his current attributes. Therefore, he shouldn't equal a 3rd round pick in exchange. This is merely my opinion, but that's how i see it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I thought a 3rd was reasonable but Paw made a compelling argument to why it's not. I would approve a 4th as well. You can draft an 80 OVR lineman in the 3rd.

Also, signing guys to multi-year deals without a bonus is not realistic. We don't have a rule on it and I'm not blaming you. But I think we need to add one now. Outside of one-year deals with guys who may be cut, every player is going to want some kind of guaranteed money in real life.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Also, please make sure to have all the cap info available when the trade is posted. Some is on Daddy Leagues and some you might only be able to get from the salaries screen on the game. But it is all needed before a trade can be approved.