Raiders - Jets Trade

Spayer419

Starter
Tigers20 georgiafan NightHawkTH32 Jbek Jukemwr21

Trade deadline is tomorrow night's advance so hopefully we can move this through beforehand

LA Raiders (Spayer419)
$11.5M Cap
upload_2016-1-20_22-16-20.png

NY Jets (dspbuckle) $8.7M Cap
2018 (this upcoming draft) 3rd round pick

Reason for the trade: With Marshall and Decker missing extended time, the Jets are trotting a bunch of smurfs out at receiver that cannot hold onto the ball. Crabtree gives Geno a big and experienced target. While he is approaching his 30s, Crabtree does not rely on his speed, so he should age well and is on a favorable contract for the Jets. Marshall (33) is on the last year of his contract and Decker (30) will be up for renewal in a year. Crabtree solves needs at receiver for the long term and short term.

The Raiders look to replenish their coffers after trading two picks for Joe Haden earlier this year. The Raiders also have arguably the deepest receiving corps in football, and while talented, Crabtree is the fourth receiver for a team that primarily plays out of 11 personnel.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
But his skill level is high. He's an overall 80. With this year being the first with the supposed updated draft classes you won't find that kind of player in the third imo.

Last edited:

Spayer419

Starter
I sent the Jets the trade offwe in game just so I don't have to rush to my console after work to squeeze this before trade deadline. dspbuckle dont accept unless approved by committee

Jukemwr21

All-Star
I agree with glen that it would be hard to find a 3rd round pick near an 80 overall but it has been done. With the way things are looking or the Jets this looks to be a high 3rd right now. I approve this trade!

dspbuckle

All-Star
Hi all,

sorry I just got to my desktop. Yes, the Jet's receiving corp is HORRIBLE right now. I need to bandaid it quick. Speed is nice, but the way Geno throws any deep pass is more risk than reward so I can live with Crabtree's age. His carrier vision and catch in traffic will help me.

You gentelman have no clue how bad my WR core really is. These guys drop 80% of their passes. Watch them in action some time, it's unbearable.

With that said, a 4th will work fine with me for sure.

- Hugo

dspbuckle

All-Star
Now I know how Phillip Rivers felt this season. Not that Geno is as good as him, but man when your O line is doing just enough and your quarterback isn't making too many mistakes and your Defense is for the most part shutting down opponents, BUT you have no one to throw the ball to, FML.

I figured sprayer had the upper hand dealing with a desperate owner so I wanted to make an offer he wouldn't say no to. But 4 is fine with me haha.

I will propose the counter when I get home from work (7pm cst).