Raiders - Browns trade

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'll look closer when I get home and not on on my phone.

What's the reason for the trade from both teams point of view ?

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I have depth. Want to get some value for the superstar to try to fill my other needs on the team. Carrie is a rent a player for now to carry me through as there's no guarantee I can resign him

Spayer419

Starter
Win or bust for the Raiders this season. Haden is also an extremely marketable player for our new, larger market

Tigers20

All-Star
At a glance the 4th round pick the Browns give to the Raiders would need to be 2017 not 2018. We'll see what others say, and I'll look at this more closely tomorrow.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
At first glance I was thinking the 2 CB were closer then they seem to be but after looking closer Haden's ball skills, Play reg, pursuit and superstar development make him a #1 CB and TJ a #2. Also haden is locked up for 5 years and TJ wants a new deal and there is always risk involved

I have had trade talks with both of these owners and I know they are both smart stubborn guys that know there teams, players values and will not make a trade like this unless its careful thought out. I also understand and the logic and that makes sense

That gets us to the value between the 2 players with the browns getting 1 and 4 this year and raiders getting a 4th next year. I think that's about fair but raiders needs to know the 4th next year doesn't have a lot of value.

Tigers20

All-Star
I've looked at this a bit closer and after further review I can agree to this trade with the recognition by Spayer that next season's 4th does not hold much value in this deal.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
After looking at the trade closely I approve to this trade at this time. I think that Haden's value is equal to a 1st, 4th and a good corner. It is a little odd that we're talking rental players in week 3 unless of course he is trying to make more trades. This seems like more of a trade deadline deal to me.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yes I approve

since we know the raiders pick in the 1st will be late 20 range and Haden has to be worth more then just a 1st rounder. since the rookies will not match his overall when they come in