Proposal - Small Ratings Boosts **POLL**

Should we adjust a few players who have outperformed their OVR in real life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
FS/CB Tyrann Mathieu, ARI 95 OVR
Currently 88 ovr in Madden (default roster)
55th rated safety by PFF

WR Terrelle Pryor Sr., ATL (71 OVR)
Currently 82 OVR in Madden
11th in NFL in rec yds - 62, rec, 855 yds, 4 TD

RG/C Matt Paradis, DEN (75 OVR)
Currently 89 OVR in Madden
#1 rated C according to PFF

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
ROLB Zach Brown, BUF 81 OVR
Currently 88 OVR in Madden
#7 rated LB on PFF

LT Joe Staley 87 OVR
Currently 80 OVR in Madden
#25 rated OT on PFF

C Maurkice Pouncey, PIT 88 OVR
#17 rated C on PFF

RE Ezekiel Ansah, SET 91 OVR
Currently 84 OVR in Madden
18 TCK, 0 SCK - #45 rated edge rusher on PFF

aarms32

Starter
FS/CB Tyrann Mathieu, ARI 95 OVR
Currently 88 ovr in Madden (default roster)
55th rated safety by PFF

WR Terrelle Pryor Sr., ATL (71 OVR)
11th in NFL in rec yds - 62, rec, 855 yds, 4 TD

RG/C Matt Paradis, DEN (75 OVR)
Currently 89 OVR in Madden
#1 rated C according to PFF
Browns let Pyror go and now he gets a ratings boost. This is the reason I voted no. I guess I'm a little late to the party on this but that is just my opinion. Season 1 would have been fine but after all the roster moves I don't think this is the best idea.

aarms32

Starter
Do the stats people have put up with some of these players matter? Ansah just had a 20 sack season. Does that not count for anything? I don't think anyone should get dropped. And the only way someone gets a ratings boost, they should have to be on their original team.

Last edited:

Duv49ers

Starter
Like aarms32 suggestion.
Don't like to see anyone get ratings reduced after already playing 2 seasons.
I'm ok with ratings boosted - make it max 1 player per team.

firedup24

All-Star
I voted no on this simply because this is a Sim franchise. How the players play for us or how we choose to develop them has no bearing, in my opinion, on their real life self. Jalen Hurd had a pretty good rookie year on here but may never play a down in the NFL. Still, it doesn't matter because this is Sim. I am good with whatever but I stick to my vote of not trying to balance out the players in our league vs the NFL, especially since we are about to be two seasons ahead.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
One thing I will say for you new guys and its virtually irrelevant to this topic but I've been in this league for a few years now with Mike and we have butted heads plenty but one thing I know is that Mike is a fair guy. He has the best interest of the league in mind and wants to create a better and more unique experience for you guys that other leagues cannot give you. If you look at where we have come in 3 years, I would say Mike, Tex, Pack and everyone else who puts effort into making this league great has done that. Mike has never let us down or steered this league in the wrong direction. So when he makes a suggestion to improve the league, I trust him completely and support him. Trust the process guys.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
woodsmall12 briught up a good point. At the end of season one we were only 4-5 weeks into the regular season. We didn't know who were standouts yet. Now we know and are trying to give out league a more realistic NFL feel. Trying to make guys who are standouts in real life better in our league.

I'm also open to idea like the one about Pryor. I'm ok leaving him alone or even offering him back to the Browns. We're not here to screw anyone. This is something we feel is better for the league and willing to make adjustments to make it as fair as possible.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Carr should be higher than 83, easily.

On that note, I can't afford him so you are all welcome to offer money to the new and improved Derek Carr.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Carr should be higher than 83, easily.

On that note, I can't afford him so you are all welcome to offer money to the new and improved Derek Carr.

Carr is an 87 OVR on Madden now. He started at 83. If you haven't put into effort into building your starting QB we're not going to do it for you ;)

dspbuckle

All-Star
lol. When I saw I couldn't afford to keep him, I told him to go buzz off. I'm not giving you guys a developed player to use on me. :p