Proposal - Small Ratings Boosts **POLL**

Should we adjust a few players who have outperformed their OVR in real life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I had an idea that I wanted to run by everyone. I was thinking of guys like Dak Prescott who came into the league with a low OVR because we did not know what they would become. Since we have the ability to adjust ratings, I thought it might be nice to actually see Dak play like Dak in our league. Would you guys be open to allowing a ratings adjustment of a guy like Dak to say 80-82 OVR (he's currently 73 OVR). If so, what other guys could use a ratings boost? Post them in the comments below with an explanation of why they need an upgrade **NOTE: I don't want to adjust guys that may have just been a couple of points low. I'm looking for guys like Dak who are significantly lower than what they are now in Madden and not really playing because of it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Jay Ajayi, MIA 75 OVR (in league)
7th in NFL in rushing - 908 yards, 5.2 AVG, 7 TD
Current Madden OVR: 82 (default roster)

Jordan Howard, FA 68 OVR
9th in NFL in rushing - 889, 4.9 AVG, 5 TD
Current Madden OVR: 77

Dak Prescott, DAL 76 OVR
3rd in NFL in QB RTG - 108.6 RTG, 67.9% PCT, 19 TD 2 INT
Current Madden OVR: 84

Darelle Revis, NYJ 91 OVR
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-darrelle-revis-no-longer-an-elite-nfl-cornerback/
Current Madden OVR: 83

Last edited:

woodsmall12

All-Star
HB - Jordan Howard, FA 68 ovr
Currently 77 ovr
9th in NFL rushing

HB - Jay Ajayi, MIA 75 ovr
Currently 82 ovr
7th in NFL rushing

QB - Dak Prescott, Cowboys 76 ovr
Madden at 84 ovr
3rd in NFL QB rating
** Tony Romo also at 84**

CB - D Revis, Jets 91 ovr
Currently 83 as he continues his poor performance

SS - Landon Collins, Giants 80 ovr
Madden at 90 ovr
94 tacks (17th), 3 sacks, 5 picks (2nd)

WR - (R) Michael Thomas, Saints 73 ovr
Madden at 80 ovr
69 catches (9th) 831 yds (16th), 7 tds (6th)

CB - Xavier Rhodes, Vikings 81 ovr
Madden at 87 ovr
33 tacks, 4 INTs (4th)

WR - Jamison Crowder, Redskins 75 ovr
Currently at 81 ovr
58 recs (29th), 767 yds (26th), 6 tds (6th)

RG - Brandon Scherff, Texans 79 ovr
Currently 87 in madden
Continues to be a top performer on redskins OL

Duv49ers

Starter
CB Rashard Robinson, SF 49ers 66 ovr
73 ovr (current default roster)

CB Brock, SF 49ers 79 ovr
81 ovr (current default roster)

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I'm not a fan of it as we roll into season 3. We've played 2 seasons as they were and some teams made roster decisions (ie. cuts, trades, resignings, etc.) based on their current Madden rating. Now you'll be giving teams a huge boost, therefore changing their future plans. I cut Howard because even though in real life he was beasting, he didn't have the development to reach his IRL potential. And now he's a Cowboy, so the rich get richer. Not a bad idea but in season 3 just seems unfair to some who have made moves IMO.

Some alternate ideas may be; Rookies only (but this still may be unfair), Change only their development trait so they can have the ability to earn XP faster, but it's on the owner to develop him (*I like this the best if we have to do something).

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, the cowboys are going to have to cut Howard if they just signed him. He's got to go through free agency. I wouldn't be opposed to letting the Bears have him back either.

Also, were not liking for small 2-3 OVR movements or really guys moving from high 60's to low 70's. Just a few key guys that were significantly underrated when we started.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Yeah he was on my practice squad this year. I already talked to mike and I'll release him if he gets a boost. I think the Bears getting him back is a good idea as well.

dspbuckle

All-Star
If they played well in real life, but not well in Madden should we reward them for their alternate universe counterparts? I'm with Paytonno1son. If they have proved better IRL vs Madden, then adjust their development to catch up quicker. Then if they are playing crappy in Madden and don't warrant an XP jump, they can still develop to their full potential as proven by their real life counterparts.

So I vote yes, we should adjust. To what extent and how may call for a second vote if this one passes.

Last edited:

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Besides Dak. The only other suggestion I could make on the Cowboys and it's one that has been bugging me for 2 seasons.

CB Morris Claiborne, Dallas Cowboys,68 ovr
85 ovr (current rating)

I don't think a jump to 85 is necessary but maybe 82

The other would be:
CB Anthony Brown, Dallas Cowboys, 70 ovr
77 ovr (current rating)

JerseyBorn

All-Star
I'm with Payton and DSP on this one. We're 3 seasons in and teams have had to make decisions based on the rosters they have. Payton, for example, cut Howard and ended up drafting Cook and signing Charles. Probably wouldn't of made those moves if he had real life Howard. I'm fine with giving players an upgrade in their development as Payton suggested but I can't get behind rewarding teams randomly just based on how someone is playing in real life when we've been building teams with what we have.

Burns

Hall of Famer
I've thought this over for awhile, and I have to agree with Paytonno1son and JerseyBorn on this. This is our league, and we're almost in Season 3 now. People have made decisions based on what is going on in the league and the players they were given and I think it needs to stay that way. Players getting a ratings boost/downgrade based on something that has nothing to do with what's happened in our league in these first two seasons is honestly just not a great idea. If we have to do something, the development trait route Payton suggested is the best course, but other than that, I'm against any changes to ratings just based off of real life.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
So I have been building a guy like Dak from a 72-73 ovr for 2 seasons but still not up to his current game rating. A guy like mo Claiborne has slow dev and will never crack 70 but has been a key starter for the cowboys and was having an incredible year until he got hurt

dspbuckle

All-Star
The other question is: How often are they adjusted? And what happens once the real season is over or with future "real" picks?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Its just a one time ratings boost for a handful of guys who were breakout players or severely overrated (ie Revis). From my perspective, I don't like that Dak is irrelevant in this league. Could Tyler have built him up more had he focused 100% on him? Probably, but when you're trying to win, its hard not to go with the better rated guy. Ajayi and Howard came up too. Many of these guys chose their favorite real life team. They watch them on Sunday and want to play with them in real life. It sucks when you have a guy like Dak being a Pro Bowl player and he's a 72 OVR or whatever in the league. Same thing with Ajayi and Howard. Honestly, I wish I would have thought of it last season but I didn't. Two years of no Dak got to me I guess lol. These guys only get one year to play with those guys and we'd prefer they only play in our league. Why not give them the boost to make that happen? I don't really see a downside. Is a guy getting 80k XP and boosting one of his players up 10 OVR in one offseason any better? At least this is based in realism...

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I have been building Dak a lot. Like I said he has come up 5 points but isn't a quick dev guy so he may never reach what he should be.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I have been building Dak a lot. Like I said he has come up 5 points but isn't a quick dev guy so he may never reach what he should be.

And that sucks for a guy playing with his favorite team. Sucks for me really as a fan of the league not seeing one of the game's brightest new stars contribute.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Yeah I def didn't expect him to be 72 and I remember expressing that to you in season one but I'm gonna roll with him because I love watching this team in real life.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah I def didn't expect him to be 72 and I remember expressing that to you in season one but I'm gonna roll with him because I love watching this team in real life.

Yeah, guys didn't want to wait for week one rosters, myself included. I think its irrelevant when we got the idea. If its the right move and adds to the league it doesnt matter when the idea was hatched. I can see it being right on the edge, but not sure this would affect many teams very much other than making them a little happier with their team

pack1797

Staff member
We have player editing tools at our disposal in this year's Madden that we haven't had before. While I see the points that those of you hesitant about this have made, and I do, to a degree, agree that it nullifies some moves made by owners in player development and roster management, the other side of the coin is equally as important. We strive to be a realistic simulation of NFL football to the best of our abilities. Several of the players mentioned would only add to the realism of the league's roster.

I understand the trepidation at the thought of this type of alteration. But nobody complained when we made up real life rookie ratings based on scouting reports. Nobody had an issue when we adjusted xp gain so that owners could actually develop their offensive linemen. These ideas are throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

That said, I'm fine with a one time boost to majorly underrated players compared to their real life overall counterpart. We aren't reinventing the wheel here guys. We're trying to be as good and as close to real life as possible outside of mimicking records and results. That's where owners come in.

Last edited by a moderator: