Pre Season Injuries/Suspensions

pack1797

Staff member
We've deliberated on the question of whether or not we should enforce real life preseason suspensions and injuries in our leagues for the past few days. The verdict is in. While we will not expect owners to replicate real life injuries in game, as we will have plenty of those to deal with in game without outside influence, we will be enforcing pre season suspensions. The thinking here is that we are a SIM league, and our primary goal is to simulate real life NFL football as well as the game allows us to. Once the season starts, things that happen in real life will be handled on a case to case basis. We will post a list of suspended players close to release, and all of us will adjust our depth charts accordingly. If you have questions or comments, feel free to reply either here or in a pm to me. Obviously, this thread needs to remain civil. It's fine to disagree, but this is not put up as a debate, but rather a statement. Thanks for understanding.

Pack1797

priestmvp

Starter
If it's as I understand it then I completely disagree. So for example the Jags are already without their top pick for the year? I can see wanting to be as true to life as possible guess I've always just felt though that every owner should get a fair clean start.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
If it's as I understand it then I completely disagree. So for example the Jags are already without their top pick for the year? I can see wanting to be as true to life as possible guess I've always just felt though that every owner should get a fair clean start.

How is it not fair? You have to play without them online. EA just can't remove them from the roster due to franchises and multiple seasons. And its only for suspensions, not pre-existing injuries.

priestmvp

Starter
How is it not fair? You have to play without them online. EA just can't remove them from the roster due to franchises and multiple seasons. And its only for suspensions, not pre-existing injuries.

thought it included injuries meaning injuries wouldn't be reset before we started. Meaning I just hated it for teams that lost a key player already irl like the jags. And not sure what you mean about can't play with them online? I've only ever played leagues none of that mut bs or lobby games and in leagues we always had full rosters to start. I must have misunderstood the injury part.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
thought it included injuries meaning injuries wouldn't be reset before we started. Meaning I just hated it for teams that lost a key player already irl like the jags. And not sure what you mean about can't play with them online? I've only ever played leagues none of that mut bs or lobby games and in leagues we always had full rosters to start. I must have misunderstood the injury part.

Personally, I'm in favor of season-long injuries applying too. But we decided not to because some guys come back early and you don't always know how long a guy will be out. Plus, when is the cut off? But we started the suspension thing last year when Konvict27 voluntarily benched Ray Rice. We thought it simulated real life and something that the game can't actually do. BigTexas18 actually volunteered to bench Gordon this year. Most of us are ok with taking our lumps on stuff like that in the name of simulation. A real life coach would so why can't we? :D But its just suspensions so will actually only impact a small number of players and teams.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
When I saw Justin hunter got arrested this was the first thing I thought of. I don't have a problem with that and it fits the sim nature of the league .

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
here is a list of players i gather that are suspended if i am missing any let me know and ill add them to the list

QB Tom Brady - patriots - 4 games - deflate gate
TE Antonio Gates - chargers - 4 games - ped
WR Josh Gordon - Browns - 16 games - substance abuse
HB Leveon Bell - steelers - 2 games - sa
HB Ahmad Bradshaw - fa - 1 game - sa
HB legarrette Blount - patriots - sa
HB Trey Watts - Rams - 4 games - sa
OT Ebon Britton - bears - 4 games - unknown
OT Bobbie Massie - Cards - 3 games - sa
OG Ryan Seymour - 4 games - ped
DE Sheldon Richardson - Jets - 4 games - sa
DE Datone jones - packers - 1 game - sa
DE Derek Wolfe - Broncos - 4 games - ped
DE Greg Hardy - Cowboys - 4 games - conduct
DE Dion Jordan - Dolphins - 16 games - sa
DT Letroy Guion - packers - 3 games - conduct
DT Marcell dareus - bills - 1 game - sa
LB Rolando McClain - Cowboys - 4 games - sa
LB Victor Butler - Giants - 4 games - ped
S Laron Landry - Colts - 10 games - ped
DB Jarrett Bush - Packers - 4 games - ped
CB Jabari Price - Vikings - 2 games - sa
CB Sean smith - Chiefs - 3 games - sa
WR Ace sanders - fa - 10 games - sa
Wr Da'rick rogers - fa - 2 games

Other
HB ray rice - fa
Wr Justin Blackman - jags
DL Ray McDonald - fa
LB Daryl Washington - cards
LB Aldon Smith - 49ers
WR Justin Hunter - titans
LB Brandon Spikes

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
For the most part Those are people that have got in trouble with the law but haven't got suspended. For example Aldon Smith and Justin hunter have both got arrested in the last few weeks and a suspension could be coming. Ray Mcdonald, Blackman and Ray Rice aren't officially suspended but no team will touch them after past legal troubles. Washington was suspended last year and should be good to go but it hasn't been announced officially yet as far as I know.