(POLL) Most Exciting Part of Madden 16

What are you most excited about for Madden 15?

• New WR/DB Interaction

• Improved Penalties/Sliders

• Updates to Franchise Mode

• Improved Presentation

• New Rosters/Rookies

Results are only viewable after voting.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What are you most excited about for Madden 16? Wide receiver DB interactions? Improved penalties? I know a lot of peopel like to say Madden is just a roster update every year but I think we all know that's boloney. We may not always get the features we want but they definitely try to improve the game very year. So what's the most exciting new feature to you?

If you are not sure of all the new features you can check out our Madden 16 News and Info thread.

priestmvp

Starter
eh I dunno maybe that they fixed their broken confidence and progression system "supposedly", that was a big thing in connected franchises. Gotta wait and see on stuff like the new wr catches and animations. And for the love of God why do they insist on not adding some of the most basic stuff like "defensive assignments" and "formation subs"???? But oh we did get another bs mode in "draft champions" or whatever it is lol.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Its not "basic" so to speak. Rex Dickson talked about defensive assignments. Its something they want to add they just haven't figured out how to get it work properly yet. The coding on PS3 was ridiculously complicated from what I've read. PS4 is easier but still not like PS2 so some of that stuff they haven't got to work right yet. Draft Champions is just a play off Ultimate Team and a selling point.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Like I said, the PS2 was far easier to program for. Its like doing multiplication and doing trig. They want to do it, but the complexity of the system makes it more difficult. I at least give them props for not rushing it out to appease people when it doesn't actually work right like we saw almost the entire PS3/360 generation.

priestmvp

Starter
yeah just seems like every year though you wait to see what their new "gimmick" is opposed to actually delivering on more vital aspects. Guess i'm more of a meat and potatoes man lol. #maybenextyear
But at least they are trying to deliver the football game we all want.

Last edited:

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping the DB/WR are legit, equal, fair and real world. It would/will suck if one side is over-powered.

The only penalty I hope is re-tuned is pass interference. Especially with the new interactions.

I always welcome more in-depth additions to franchise mode. My opinion is that more recruiting points are needed. In real life, all teams have the measurables, 40 times, jumping, strength, etc. I shouldn't have to unlock those items. Its the intangibles that we should be looking for. The Wonderlic if you will.

The past few versions have been well equipped in there presentation. Its great the first few 100 times but as time goes on, I find myself trying to forward through as fast as possible.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Can't blame them for "draft champions", they do still have a bottom line. A casual fan that hasn't bought madden in a while isn't going to look at the features and go "Oh shit, they put that defensive stuff in. Now Revis will cover Megatron all game! This is a buy for sure!"

As long as the things they fixed work decently, this game should be a vast improvement. Too me its the little things like the small juke steps and "get skinny" with the RB and the gang tackles. I watched an interview were it was mentioned that it would be harder for defensive linemen to go from being blocked to making a tackle in the hole, if that defensive lineman has lower ratings compared to the OL blocking him.

When I quit playing Madden 15, I told myself that if WR/DB interaction wasn't addressed I wouldn't be buying the game. When I saw that OBJ was on the cover I knew they had worked on it. So I am excited about the improvements.

Paytonno1son If I read it correctly you will have all of the players measurables this year.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That's definitely a feature I'm interested in seeing how it works. Although from the way I've seen it you only unlock grout traits now (ie intangibles, production, etc). I'd like to know their speed, strength, jumping bc of the combine but still have to unlock some position specific traits to see what kind of player they are. Having to unlock AWR. PRC and the new penalty rating would be good too.