**POLL** All-Pro or All-Madden

What difficulty should we play on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I know we have rolled with All-Pro the past two years and that was challenging enough for some of us. However, I feel like I've already mastered All-Pro this year. The CPU play calling is pretty bad (although we won't have a ton of CPU games). I think playing on All-Madden raises or level and will help all of us improve. However, the counter to that would be that the game is developed on All-Pro and some of the crazy CPU AI stuff won't happen. I'm curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on this.

We will definitely use custom sliders no matter which way we go. I think going into practice mode and practicing kicking FGs and punts will help a ton on either level. The windows and timing will be different on All-Madden but, again, practice mode is your fried here.

We're ok no matter which way we decide to go as a group. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts on this.

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, pack1797, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, woodsmall12, kutsch47, Duv49ers, Shadez, OldWhiskey, CJTHA1, tehbest13, Futuriistiics, StormsWarning, JohnnyPersia, abundantlife777, morsdraconis

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Are you guys that are voting All-Pro considering that we will play 80% of our games in season one vs a user and 100% after season one vs users? Have you guys actually played a user game on All-Madden? I know the CPU is tough on All-Madden but that's a small pct of the games and sliders can be adjusted...

I know Tigers20 wanted to change his vote after playing me on All-Madden

Burns

Hall of Famer
Good point. Haven't played a User game on All Madden. I'm sure it would be better.

I'd probably vote for All-Madden in that case.

morsdraconis

Contributor
I voted for All-Pro mainly because I feel like sliders aren't going to affect some of the CPU defender psychic effects that happen on All-Madden, or, at least, that wasn't the case in previous iterations of the game and NCAA '14 (Heisman difficulty). The amount of stuff where defenders react instantly to the ball being thrown anywhere close to their direction (inhumanly fast - like, as soon as you hit the button, they're reacting to the play) is just highly unrealistic. I believe in previous iterations, the difficulty below the highest one always allowed for the best simulation football because it allowed for defenders to be beaten in the passing and running game, while still being able to shape how often that happens with sliders and such.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I voted for All-Pro mainly because I feel like sliders aren't going to affect some of the CPU defender psychic effects that happen on All-Madden, or, at least, that wasn't the case in previous iterations of the game and NCAA '14 (Heisman difficulty). The amount of stuff where defenders react instantly to the ball being thrown anywhere close to their direction (inhumanly fast - like, as soon as you hit the button, they're reacting to the play) is just highly unrealistic. I believe in previous iterations, the difficulty below the highest one always allowed for the best simulation football because it allowed for defenders to be beaten in the passing and running game, while still being able to shape how often that happens with sliders and such.

I understand what you are saying. However, blindly voting for what "may"happen without actually playing possibly holds us back. Again, the overwhelming majority of our games will be user vs user. What if the gameplay is much better on All-Madden and everyone is all voting All-Pro just because of what they perceive to be true is and we play on All-Pro because of that and miss out on a better experience?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I know Burns and Tigers20 have indicated they would change their vote so its really 9-7 in favor of All-Madden right now.

I've played on both and All-Madden just feels more realistic playing vs a user. I think it will be much harder to cheese on All-Madden which is a huge positive in my book. It is early and we probably have a week before we get started now that we have to wait for a patch. Just want guys making educated votes as that's the only way we truly evolve and progress.

JohnnyPersia

Contributor
I prefer to play on All-Pro with sliders because it tends to require more involvement on the part of the user, instead of relying on the cpu to do everything for user.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I prefer to play on All-Pro with sliders because it tends to require more involvement on the part of the user, instead of relying on the cpu to do everything for user.

Explain. I'm not sure what you mean. And have you played All-Madden vs a user on M17?

JohnnyPersia

Contributor
I have not. But what I mean is that the cpu/ai is, by definition, enhanced on all-madden. The cpu players tend to play above their ratings on All-Madden, so that it encourages users to avoid controlling wrs/dbs, etc. to allow the cpu to catch the ball, defend, make tackles etc. From my experience, it tends to minimize user input and control. Just in my opinion.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I have not. But what I mean is that the cpu/ai is, by definition, enhanced on all-madden. The cpu players tend to play above their ratings on All-Madden, so that it encourages users to avoid controlling wrs/dbs, etc. to allow the cpu to catch the ball, defend, make tackles etc. From my experience, it tends to minimize user input and control. Just in my opinion.

I appreciate the input. I do. But I really wish guys would play on All-Madden vs a user before assuming what may or may not happen. I've played a handful of games vs the CPU on All-Madden and a couple vs a user. Yes, vs the CPU those things tend to happen to a degree. Vs a user, I did not notice those. It felt very balanced and realistic.

Loose909

Prospect
Not in your league but I definately vote for All Madden. I only play against1 of my buddies ( too much cheese online) and we feel All Madden gives you the best realism on tackling. Pro and All Pro sometimes makes RB's like AP somewhat invincible. Just my two cents!!! Name is Loose and I'm looking to join a league. LOOSE909 is my PS4 tag.

morsdraconis

Contributor
I mean, is there a significant difference in how the game feels on All-Pro in h2h games? It was my understanding that all online h2h games are played on All-Pro so it seems like that would be the best way to go anyway. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I mean, is there a significant difference in how the game feels on All-Pro in h2h games? It was my understanding that all online h2h games are played on All-Pro so it seems like that would be the best way to go anyway. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

It is but if you ever played an online game it can feel like arcade football. A lot of times it's the user playing like a ding dong but, if it was All Madden, a lot of that stuff wouldn't be as easy to pull off. As was mentioned above, I think the ridiculous broken tackles and catches and such are minimized on All Madden. I've talked to several commissioners that have played on All Madden and they haven't had some of the issues we have with agg catching and stuff bc it just doesn't work as well on All Madden.

tehbest13

Contributor
I voted for all madden because as was said earlier I believe it makes it harder to exploit the AI. From the all madden games I have played I've seen more realistic gameplay from the AI

aarms32

Starter
I've only played H2H a few times so far. I believe it's set to all-pro when you just do a quick match. I haven't played on all-madden so I can't say which is better. But I'm fine with whatever the majority votes for.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
After consideration I also will change my vote to all madden. There were a few things I didn't realize between the two difficulties and now am swayed more to wanting all madden difficulty.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That gives us 13 votes for All- Madden and 8 for All Pro. We will run All Madden. I've been working on sliders for the CPU. I think user games are ok on default sliders but we can tweak them as necessary.