Pirates/Angles Trade - APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedstern

Starter
Pirates trade SP Adam Harang and RP Edwin Walker for Angel's RF John Novak. Pirates need to get ride of Harang's salary Cap where the Angel's have the money to take him, as well as he is a very reliable starting pitcher.
upload_2020-10-11_23-15-14.png
unknown.png

upload_2020-10-11_23-17-11.png
upload_2020-10-11_23-17-28.png
upload_2020-10-11_23-17-59.png
upload_2020-10-11_23-18-18.png

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Its a salary dump so I get it. Would like to see a somewhat usable player in return. It would make sense during free agency when the money could be used. I'll vote yes but I dont love it

hunkydory

Staff member
Hard agree with Mike. Kind of worthless player being given in return and I get the salary dump...but otherwise it’s fine. Will need to see the other party approve also.

asizzle06

Starter
Yes I approve this trade. Getting a serviceable backend starter for my rotation. Couldn’t get much in FA. Harang is on the last year of his contract so not a huge financial commitment for me long term ~ California Angels

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The more I think about it, I dont like it. Had you waived the player asizzle06 could have gotten him for free. The whole idea of a salary plus a prospect to take on a contract is for someone that would clear waivers with nobody willing to take the contract. This is usually a ridiculously overpaid player on more than a one year deal. I dont think this is the same kind of deal.

I change my vote to no

asizzle06

Starter
I guess I look at it as I may have not been able to get him through waivers depending on who else puts in a claim...whatever the committee decides I am fine with

DerekMcFadden

Staff member
Approve. Makes sense to dump that cap on the Pirates end. Can never really guarantee someone will take an 11 mill contract.

jonahj

Starter
I vote no. I get the salary dump but it’s not a lot of salary being dumped, the loss of a decent enough player, all for someone who is going to be not on a roster in a year. Not an ML roster or MiL. Some value needs to be given to Pitt, because they’re getting 0 upside in return.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
After further review, the Pirates need the money to complete another deal they have in the works. So this is a cap dump (after two times through waivers) to free up space for an incoming player

I'll vote yes.

FYI jonahj Thoughts ShaneM86

ShaneM86

Starter
Although i do get why the Pirates are doing this as a kind of a salary dump (for a possible future move) and Harang can still be serviceable as a backend SP, so ill approve of this

Also its the ANGELS

Status
Not open for further replies.