Patch Released v1.02

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I haven't found anything on what the patch actually entails but there was one released today. You should be prompted to download it when you log on.

What we do know:

The gray facemask issue has been fixed.

The pause glitch in online play has been fixed.

Everything else is speculation at this point. I've heard coverage is better and that there is no difference. I've heard user control is better and that swats/user picks are better but haven't tested myself.

We'll just have to get on and see for ourselves...

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, so far this is what I've noticed post patch playing a dynasty game using the same sliders as my online dynasties:

Gray facemasks are fixed.

No huddle bug for users fixed (fixed an issue where you would default to a different formation group than what you were currently in).

No huddle issue for CPU improved (play call screen pops up more quickly and the CPU will look to the sideline slowing down their snap process).

Issue with WR lining up at TE when changing formation in no huddle still exists.

The dive button is still not accurate leaving your defender diving anywhere but at the defender when engaging them from the front or side.

DB pass coverag seems improved. Four verts is not as money and DBs seem to react more quickly.

The playside DE still takes the HB 90% of the time.

That's what I've noticed so far. The no huddle and coverage were my biggest issues. Still don't like the read being so easy but that should be able to be adjusted through the run defense slider. Definitely some positives to take from it though :)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Here is the official release:

The second title update to NCAA Football 14 has arrived on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Players can download the update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The title update includes multiple fixes to streamline presentation and performance, as well as the following gameplay improvements and enhancements (among others):

Formation Subs Exploit
Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.