Offseason Re-Signing\Free Agency Guidelines

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So if the contract is less than 1mil a year, then we don't have to worry about bonus? Example, the guy I had to cut was less than a mil per year (2yr contract).

Only on a one year deal. Multi-year deals should have a bonus as they usually would in real life. And lowly eater guys usually don't get multi-year deals but you can give them one with a 25% bonus. Sorry for the confusion :(

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Everyone make sure you use this last week to ensure you'll have at least 53 guys on your roster after the draft. Good time to sign guys in the low 70's and high 60's to one-year, minimum deals ;)

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, georgiafan, pack1797, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, SMASHSMASH55

Also, on max bid guys, even if you are not 1st on the list, you still have a chance at signing them. We've seen it happen in the past. Don't necessarily give up just bc you are not 1st.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I was talking to georgiafan and this dawned on me. An easy way to figure out if your bonus is right, just multiple your bonus by 3. If that is what his salary is, then it is correct. If not, then you just need to adjust it until it matches. That's probably the easiest way to double check your offers. Hope that helps. We'll try to simplify the process more next season.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I was talking to georgiafan and this dawned on me. An easy way to figure out if your bonus is right, just multiple your bonus by 3. If that is what his salary is, then it is correct. If not, then you just need to adjust it until it matches. That's probably the easiest way to double check your offers. Hope that helps. We'll try to simplify the process more next season.

So whatever you offer as a salary you can just divide it by 3 and boom there's your bonus? That's awesome.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't think so. Total salary would be divided by 4 for your bonus.

Actually no. The bonus should be 25% of the total contact. If you divide the salary by 4, you get 25% of the salary which makes the bonus now 20% of the total contract (4 parts salary, one part bonus).

I know, it's far more confusing and difficult than we thought it would be when talking about it. I have an easier process for not season but let's just get through this one now lol.

Just multiply your bonus by 3 and if that matches your salary you are good!